Teacher Under Fire For Telling Student to Speak English

He's so full of shit it bubbles out his ears.

????????????????
My grandparents learned English. My Flemish great grandfather learned English. My immigrant father in law learned English.

It generally takes approximately seven years to acquire a new language to the extent that you can successfully engage in challenging academic work with it. Many people like to tell themselves "I've learned it!" when they are still just bare beginners because from 0 to 5 feels like more than 5 to 10. Some basic social communication can be acquired relatively quickly, but that's not fluency.

You’re an idiot.
No; over a hundred Indian languages are now considered non-viable which means 200 are still spoken I would suggest within the tribal group. I think it is good that they are still spoken; so why didn't you note that 2/3 of Indian languages are still spoken?

"It has been reported that at the end of the 15th century over 300 American Indian and Alaska Native languages were spoken. Today, fewer than 200 tribal languages are still viable, with some having been translated into written form. English, however, has become the predominant language in the home, school, and workplace. Those tribes who can still do so are working to preserve their languages and create new speakers from among their tribal populations."

Why did you misrepresent the situation? Why did you blame "the white man" for dropping interest in "native" languages? How many Native languages had WRITING?

And no; I am NOT a dipshit or an idiot. I just like the FACTS!!!

Greg

Never heard of it. Isn't that a Swedish car?

Greg
354036679_812167113604609_7413061389301973841_n.jpg

Forum List

Back