Teacher Under Fire For Telling Student to Speak English

Here. The top rule. Under site wide rules and guidelines.

Don't ask me, ask the staff.
1686349513040.jpeg

First generation didn't speak English. There were large portions of the US that spoke German, French and Scandinavian. Spanish was spoken here before an English lobsterback ever set foot on the Americas.
My grandparents learned English. My Flemish great grandfather learned English. My immigrant father in law learned English.

Last edited:
Nope. We don’t have an official language.

And that's the problem.

I was forced to learn a foreign language when I was a child.

No, you weren't.

A public school CAN'T turn a student away.

And that's also a problem.

The teacher would teach that student as well.

No, that's not true. Thecstudent might warm a chair in the class, but would learn little or nothing.

#StupidSpeak

By "official" you imply what is promoted by the self-appointed authorities. In order to create a dumb and confused subject-class, they need to push this ignorant, unstructured, and dysfunctional Postmodern usage and block all criticism of such parroted squawking noises.

Are you on LSD?

Anthem of Anti-Populist Right: "I'd Like to Buy the Kochs the World"

You need 90 days observation.

I've had Tibetan students who couldn't speak English when they first started in school. Guess what? They learned. Over time. With great effort. Going from beginner to capable of using a second language for challenging academic work takes about 7 years. Most of the posters wagging fingers on this thread couldn't do it.

Bullshit. My wife learned as a child...from barely any English to fluent, colloquial American English in less than 2 years. She has no accent-indeed, she sometimes stands out because she DOESN'T have any New England accent.

Only Those Jobs Dealing With Lowlife, Which Means the Employee Is Also of Low Status

That's idiotic.

I'm cornfused. What are the odds of getting a Tibetan student? And you say you teach grades 9 thru 12. You seem conversant enough with current educational acronyms that I'll take you at your word that you teach high school, but it seems rather fantastic that a child who only knows an obscure foreign language would still not know english in the 9th grade.

School is hard enough without trying to deal with learning in another language you're not fluent in.

He's so full of shit it bubbles out his ears.

Degrees of Separation From Intelligence

College graduates have a 6th Grader's knowledge of grammar. Why not spite those fraudulent job thieves instead by learning traditionally correct English? They need to be discredited if America is to move forward.

Penis-Envy Piranhas

Sexist punctuation is an outrage!!! We need femi-colons!!!

You need a prefrontal.

They’re not doing it for political reasons.

The sponsors who fund the commercials are in the business of making money and reaching new customers. They wouldn’t pay to have commercials in Spanish if they didn’t think there was a sizeable chunk of Spanish speakers in the listening area of the station.

Or their algorithm sucks.

Post #197
Do t bother, that's his usual tactic.

Forum List

Back