Teaching Black history is not an attack on White Americans

When my kids were in school they dreaded Black History month.
It was the same stuff over and over every year, super boring.
The problem is there isn't enough black history to fill a week, let alone an entire month.
Blacks didn't really invent or create much of anything.
All they did was pick cotton, sing and dance, eat watermelon, and sometimes run away.
Actually, it should be reduced to Black History Day. ... :afro:

Last edited:
We acknowledge what happened, no denying it. Since our country today did not do what this country in the past did, nothing to be guilty over, WE did not do shitty things, well, maybe you did, but I didn’t.
It's easy to acknowledge slavery, even though some here have said blacks were lucky to be slaves, but what about the more recent wrongs, and recognizing the disadvantages caused even by those more recent wrongs? Well up into the 70s it was accepted practise that black schools only got the discarded books when white schools got new ones. Blacks were denied loans, as well as loads of other advantages as just normal procedure until recently. I grew up thinking I was better than black people because that is what I was taught. The same can be said for most of my generation. You can't expect the entire black race to just "get over it" in that short of a time.

"Shut the fuck up" Really? I let that slide. How do you, or WHY do you tell the difference between all encompassing events in time and space from "just ones that blacks where in coincidentally or created or...whatever". How, Einstein?
I don't care what you let slide. You're a racist and all you do is bitch about blacks or anything blacks try doing to be included. Have you ever taken the time to wonder why the "all-encompassing events in time" are recorded to have only been done by whites? Have you ever considered the reality that other have done such things?

"We acknowledge what happened, no denying it. Since our country today did not do what this country in the past did, nothing to be guilty over, WE did not do shitty things, well, maybe you did, but I didn’t."

The country today is doing the same shit but it's done differently. This is not about slavery.

I am 60 years old. Whites of my age tell me not to blame them for what their grandparents did, yet we all were born when Jim Crow was the written law of the land and because of what some of you were taught as children, we ended up getting into fights on streets, playgrounds and schoolyards. While many of you stopped having racist beliefs, many did not. While you tell me not to blame you for what your grandparents did, whites who are my age grew up in the suburban developments like Levittown because of government guaranteed loans blacks could not get. Being that I am from the Midwest I know there are whites who live on family-owned land that was handed down as result of homesteading. Yet today many of them stand up declaring how they never benefitted because of race. I believe it is time for some of us to understand that living in the past is not possible, but things that occur in the past impact us now. We are all here because of actions done in the past that ended up with us being born. We do not forget those who made our lives possible and as a nation we should face all of our past, and not just the past that makes some of us feel superior.

Molly tells us what she didn't do while simultaneously practicing the same racism she claims was left back in the past but in a different way.

“Laissez Faire Racism involves persistent negative stereotyping of African Americans, a tendency to blame blacks themselves for the black-white gap in socioeconomic standing, and resistance to meaningful policy efforts to ameliorate America's racist social conditions and institutions.”

Molly has negatively stereotyped blacks consistently. She and others here blame us for the gap in standing and she opposes any meaningful policy solutions even as she is a member of the demographic who benefitted the most from affirmative action.

But she repeats the white racist lie about how its all in the past.

And here you are attacking white Americans.
Stupid porch monkey.
I'm speaking truth to and about white Americans who practice racism. Not all whites. Your fragility makes you feel attacked. Because you're a racist.

Stupid saltine.

While the nation is celebrating Black History Month this February, more than three dozen states have introduced legislation or taken other steps since January 2021 to limit the discussion of race in public schools. Meanwhile, school boards controlled by reactionary "parents' rights" advocates are banning books about racism. Those who are trying to mute public discussions of race and racism have often justified their actions by casting these conversations as uncomfortable or divisive.

Since the murder of George Floyd sparked mass protests across the country, many conservatives have responded by appealing to White Americans' fear and suggesting that collective efforts to address systemic injustice are anti-White.

But this is the big lie White supremacy has always told to sustain itself, and history shows the fight for equality is not a zero-sum game. Americans must learn Black history if for no other reason than to understand that Black political power has been good news for many White Americans.

It's time republicans stopped the race baiting.
I agree that teaching history is not an attack. If it were, we couldn't teach about the Holocaust or any of the wars.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Shut the fuck up. We have been taught nothing but white history and people like you thinks thats American history.
Say you are right. The problem is that we need to all live within the same direction as a national culture. Euro history is much more complicated because its more specific and recorded. African history not so much. Civilization building is not as prevalent and more localized that makes Euro specific look generalized.

Say you are right. The problem is that we need to all live within the same direction as a national culture. Euro history is much more complicated because its more specific and recorded. African history not so much. Civilization building is not as prevalent and more localized that makes Euro specific look generalized.
That's bullshit.

Shut the fuck up" Really? I let that slide.
I wont

our resident black wacko starts a thread ranting about whites and when you respond without using profanity he gets all ghetto on you

I have no problem with black history being taught in schools. All American history should be taught. Where it becomes a problem is making whites, especially white children, feel guilty for being white or teaching them that they are responsible in any way for the past,

Radical Black Supremacists who call for this shit don't want equality, they want special Snowflake status and consideration above all others. Nor do the white liberals who carry their water buckets for them. If they really believed in "equality", they would also devote a month of teaching white history, Asian history, Hispanic history, and Native American history.

I wont

our resident black wacko starts a thread ranting about whites and when you respond without using profanity he gets all ghetto on you
He has done this for years. He puts up an OP, then calls everyone who responds to it RACIST.

Besides anyone with a silly avatar like his, can’t be serious. O was nothing but a lying phony progressive, who did the bidding of the wealthy elite. A crazed warmonger too.

Last edited:
He has done this for years. He puts up an OP, then calls everyone who responds to RACIST.

Besides anyone with a silly avatar like his, can’t be serious. O was nothing but a lying phony progressive, who did the bidding of the wealthy elite. A crazed warmonger too.
He may not even be black for all we know

It's easy to acknowledge slavery, even though some here have said blacks were lucky to be slaves, but what about the more recent wrongs, and recognizing the disadvantages caused even by those more recent wrongs? Well up into the 70s it was accepted practise that black schools only got the discarded books when white schools got new ones. Blacks were denied loans, as well as loads of other advantages as just normal procedure until recently. I grew up thinking I was better than black people because that is what I was taught. The same can be said for most of my generation. You can't expect the entire black race to just "get over it" in that short of a time.
While some of these things may be true, it isn’t always about race. White people are denied the same things. If you have bad or no credit or little job security. I know of people who blamed race for not getting a job when the truth was a bad driving record, same reason whites were refused. Once again, I am in no way guilty for any of it.

While the nation is celebrating Black History Month this February, more than three dozen states have introduced legislation or taken other steps since January 2021 to limit the discussion of race in public schools. Meanwhile, school boards controlled by reactionary "parents' rights" advocates are banning books about racism. Those who are trying to mute public discussions of race and racism have often justified their actions by casting these conversations as uncomfortable or divisive.

Since the murder of George Floyd sparked mass protests across the country, many conservatives have responded by appealing to White Americans' fear and suggesting that collective efforts to address systemic injustice are anti-White.

But this is the big lie White supremacy has always told to sustain itself, and history shows the fight for equality is not a zero-sum game. Americans must learn Black history if for no other reason than to understand that Black political powerY has been good news for many White Americans.

Teaching history is not a threat to black people either dumb ass but make believe history where the US was formed in the 1600's is or that the US created slavery is. O claiming current people in the States are racist simply because they are white is.

I don't care what you let slide. You're a racist and all you do is bitch about blacks or anything blacks try doing to be included. Have you ever taken the time to wonder why the "all-encompassing events in time" are recorded to have only been done by whites? Have you ever considered the reality that other have done such things?
The people pushing all of this have their own agendas... With them coming first over the people in the neighborhoods. A new way is needed. I tell you. Resources will slowly dry up.

But this is the big lie White supremacy has always told to sustain itself, and history shows the fight for equality is not a zero-sum game. Americans must learn Black history if for no other reason than to understand that Black political power has been good news for many White Americans.

No, teaching black history would be an attack on blacks. Historic failure cannot be misconstrued as glory even by the the stupidest of people.

If you want to teach then teach all of it. Good and bad.

Piss on Black History Month.

Negroes need to stop committing so much crime, start taking care of their families, get off welfare and stop being the house slaves of destructive Democrats.

Then they will start having respect.

Not in LA Unified School District. The black high schools, (Manual Arts and Dorsey) got new books every year. I had friends and fellow members of a marching band I was in that attended those schools and they told me that. My school, Belmont, had books that were years and sometimes a decade or more old because we returned them in usable condition at the end of the school year. I graduated in 1970.

Forum List

Back