🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ted Cruz Blames Democrats For Congressional Dysfunction

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is worried about dysfunction in Congress, but he's placing the blame for inaction squarely at the feet of Democrats in Washington.

"It should embarrass all of us, and it's the result of a deliberate partisan decision," the Texas Republican said in an interview scheduled to air on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday.

It's a bit much for the ideological bomb-thrower to lament dysfunction in Congress just days after vowing to block all nominees to an understaffed State Department until the White House explains why the Federal Aviation Administration temporarily grounded U.S. flights to Israel. And there's still the matter of last year's federal government shutdown, which was spurred by Cruz's quixotic demand to defund the Affordable Care Act.

More: Ted Cruz Blames Democrats For Congressional Dysfunction

Does that moron actually believe that - or is it just more political theater and red meat for the hardcore right? I suspect most of his followers believe it.

He's 50% right. The other 50% are the Republicans.

Are you actually that brainwashed to believe it's 50-50?

oh boy, lets see, Cruz didn't win LIAR of the year

dear gawd, of course it's been mostly the Democrats

They been playing games with your lives all through Obama's terms...so they can BLAME it on Republicans...but only a partisan wouldn't see it

Would this include the GOP House not bringing the Senate's immigration bill up for a vote?

Sorry dear.... but you need to get control over some here and the threads they start just for the purpose of flaming and hating

just my itty bitty two cents

now I'll go stand in the corner..I was bad:smiliehug:

Both parties are to blame,,,,,cut their pay until they get on track...

You got that right! They sure don't need to be going on a 5 week vacation. I would love to see everyone of the incumbents voted out.

Returning to their districts where the people they are supposed to be representing actually live is a vacation? I'd rather my Congressman spend more time in Nevada and less time in Washington D.C. Harry Reid spends hardly any time here at all which is probably why he's so out of touch with this state.

The Republican House has refused to bring any part of the American Jobs Act up for a vote - either entirely or piecemeal.

Lakhota, let me ask you this.

How many bills from the House has Harry Reid tabled or flatly ignored? Over 200. Congress (both houses) cannot be effective if one house is obstructing the other.

How many bills from the House has Harry Reid tabled or flatly ignored? Over 200. Congress (both houses) cannot be effective if one house is obstructing the other.

It's not the job of the Senate to put every piece of nonsense the House passes up for a vote - particularly when the House is purposefully sending bullshit like 40-odd bills repealing Obamacare, and countless other pieces of nonsense.

Have you read the House bills that Harry Reid is ignoring?

Good goin' Cruz for saying it like it is (for the most part). Some of the blame should also be placed on the RINOs (wannabe Democrats). The dysfunction will end when Congress once again embraces the Constitution and focuses on solutions instead of tax-raising, entitlement schemes.

Democrats will never embrace the constitution. They already see the nation as being post constitutional.

It's not the job of the Senate to put every piece of nonsense the House passes up for a vote - particularly when the House is purposefully sending bullshit like 40-odd bills repealing Obamacare, and countless other pieces of nonsense.

Precisely. the House is sending over bills that have NO CHANCE of being signed by the President & THEY KNOW IT. They're called "Show votes" All sound & fury, signifying nothing. Wasting the People's time is what the Repub House is doing.

Do you have any particular way of knowing if these bills are "nonsense" or "bullshit"? And stupid question, but do you or have you read them?

Besides, it looks like Obamacare is going to repeal itself in the coming months. No need for the house to do stuff like that anymore.

Do you have any particular way of knowing if these bills are "nonsense" or "bullshit"? And stupid question, but do you or have you read them? Plus, are you defending him?

Besides, it looks like Obamacare is going to repeal itself in the coming months. No need for the house to do stuff like that anymore.

Have you read them? I don't know if all of them are bullshit, but it's safe to say a good percentage of them are. Almost a quarter of those "200 bills" are attempts to repeal Obamacare.

Am I "defending" Harry Reid? Maybe a little - he's doing the job he was elected by the Senate to do. Just like Boehner is doing the job he was elected to do by sending all those bullshit bills.

And no - Obamacare is not going to "repeal itself".

Last edited:
Ted Cruz won't live long enough to repay the damage he has done to America. Just his orchestrated shutdown of the federal government cost an estimated $24 billion.

Government Shutdown Cost $24 Billion, According to Standard & Poor's | TIME.com

And he's pimping for air time on Fox with his accusations that shutting down the Tel Aviv airport is an economic sanction against Israel.

The New Yorker magazine wrote an extensive article about him recently, and they were very kind. I think it went straight to his Brylcreemed head.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is worried about dysfunction in Congress, but he's placing the blame for inaction squarely at the feet of Democrats in Washington.

"It should embarrass all of us, and it's the result of a deliberate partisan decision," the Texas Republican said in an interview scheduled to air on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday.

It's a bit much for the ideological bomb-thrower to lament dysfunction in Congress just days after vowing to block all nominees to an understaffed State Department until the White House explains why the Federal Aviation Administration temporarily grounded U.S. flights to Israel. And there's still the matter of last year's federal government shutdown, which was spurred by Cruz's quixotic demand to defund the Affordable Care Act.

More: Ted Cruz Blames Democrats For Congressional Dysfunction

Does that moron actually believe that - or is it just more political theater and red meat for the hardcore right? I suspect most of his followers believe it.

Ted Cruz's record of integrity is reminiscent of Dick Cheney. Thank god he will never become president.

Forum List

Back