🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ted Cruz Blames Democrats For Congressional Dysfunction

Some voters are stupid all of the time; some voters are stupid some of the time; however, there will never be enough voters stupid at the same time to put Cruz in the White House.

Have you read them? I don't know if all of them are bullshit, but it's safe to say a good percentage of them are. Almost a quarter of those "200 bills" are attempts to repeal Obamacare.

Then your argument is based on nothing but an assumption.

Have you read them? I don't know if all of them are bullshit, but it's safe to say a good percentage of them are. Almost a quarter of those "200 bills" are attempts to repeal Obamacare.

It's based on an understanding of how politics works.

House republicans, TPM republicans in particular, are solely responsible for a dysfunctional Congress, as they were solely responsible for the credit rating downgrade, the sequester, and the government shutdown.

Congressional democrats and the president reached out to the GOP in good faith and in an effort to pursue responsible governance with regard to economic recovery and addressing other issues of consequence – only to be rejected by the radical right each and every time.

House republicans are the bane of Congress and the Nation overall.

Insufficient. Not knowing the purpose of the bills means that you can only suppose their purpose. Nothing more.

Just because they are passed by Republicans only does not automatically strip them of any merit. Reid has blocked each and every one of them based on his own partisan ideals, and you sit there defending him. It is his job to consider bills, not set them down on his desk because he disagrees with them. How utterly partisan. Yes, I know the House does the same thing to Senate Bills too. Either way what good is the legislative branch if all they do is block each others bills?

Last edited:

Insufficient. Not knowing the purpose of the bills means that you can only suppose their purpose. Nothing more.

You know this works both ways, right?

You're assuming that these bills are actually worthwhile pieces of legislation.
I'm assuming that (like nearly everything Congress passes) they're completely worthless.

Which assumption do you think is more likely?

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is worried about dysfunction in Congress, but he's placing the blame for inaction squarely at the feet of Democrats in Washington.

"It should embarrass all of us, and it's the result of a deliberate partisan decision," the Texas Republican said in an interview scheduled to air on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday.

It's a bit much for the ideological bomb-thrower to lament dysfunction in Congress just days after vowing to block all nominees to an understaffed State Department until the White House explains why the Federal Aviation Administration temporarily grounded U.S. flights to Israel. And there's still the matter of last year's federal government shutdown, which was spurred by Cruz's quixotic demand to defund the Affordable Care Act.

More: Ted Cruz Blames Democrats For Congressional Dysfunction

Does that moron actually believe that - or is it just more political theater and red meat for the hardcore right? I suspect most of his followers believe it.

He's 50% right. The other 50% are the Republicans.

Are you actually that brainwashed to believe it's 50-50?

No. Its actually an easy equation. We need 2 houses to pass the same bill and then hammer out differences. Harry Reid, D-Nevada, stops legislation that would embarrass the Party routinely. John Boehner, R-Ohio, does the same in the House. Thus I call it 50/50.

Where you have a point is the filibuster in the Senate. Where you don't have a point is that which ever party is in the minority...they both have used the tool.

You know this works both ways, right?

You're assuming that these bills are actually worthwhile pieces of legislation.
I'm assuming that (like nearly everything Congress passes) they're completely worthless.

Which assumption do you think is more likely?

Aside from that being a deflection, read the edit. Yes, I know it works both ways. I knew you would ask such a question. Just because a few of the apples are bad doesn't mean the entire basket is bad. Seriously, what kind of reasoning is that?

Nobody will know the merit of the bills being born and slain if all both parties do is summarily dismiss them without considering the impact (if any) they might have. Partisanship is why nothing gets done up there. As I see it, the Democrats are doing more of it, in very noticeable way.

Last edited:
Lakhota, let me ask you this.

How many bills from the House has Harry Reid tabled or flatly ignored? Over 200. Congress (both houses) cannot be effective if one house is obstructing the other.

It's not the job of the Senate to put every piece of nonsense the House passes up for a vote - particularly when the House is purposefully sending bullshit like 40-odd bills repealing Obamacare, and countless other pieces of nonsense.

It should be.

One house should respect the work of the other House. If it will not pass the vote; what is the risk other than advertising what your party and it's members stand for?

right, there are so many Tea Party members in congress and they are all so powerful

of course we should know Democrat aren't ever responsible for anything, they are the saintly party

good grief, talk about partisan hacks

Lakhota, let me ask you this.

How many bills from the House has Harry Reid tabled or flatly ignored? Over 200. Congress (both houses) cannot be effective if one house is obstructing the other.

It's not the job of the Senate to put every piece of nonsense the House passes up for a vote - particularly when the House is purposefully sending bullshit like 40-odd bills repealing Obamacare, and countless other pieces of nonsense.

It should be.

One house should respect the work of the other House. If it will not pass the vote; what is the risk other than advertising what your party and it's members stand for?

Perhaps it "should" be, but it never has been.

That's the whole point of majority leadership. They get to decide which bills are allowed for a vote.

Just because they are passed by Republicans only does not automatically strip them of any merit. Reid has blocked each and every one of them based on his own partisan ideals, and you sit there defending him. It is his job to consider bills, not set them down on his desk because he disagrees with them. How utterly partisan. Yes, I know the House does the same thing to Senate Bills too. Either way what good is the legislative branch if all they do is block each others bills?

Harry Reid hasn't blocked all bills from the House - just the ones that he can't support.

You won't get much of an argument as far as what "good" a legislative branch is.

The only good thing I can say about our political system is that it's probably better than all the others.

It should be.

That's the whole point of majority leadership. They get to decide which bills are allowed for a vote.

Even if the bills are of utmost importance? Will you think highly of the majority leadership when they continually block important legislation based on their political views?

Sometimes I don't understand you.

Of course he does. That's his job in congress you know. Ted (spin everything out of context) Cruz.

Effing worthless doughboy.

It should be.

Even if the bills are of utmost importance? Will you think highly of the majority leadership when they continually block important legislation based on their political views?

"Utmost importance" is a subjective term.

Obviously, the Dem leadership doesn't believe those bills to be that important at all.

And I'm not sure where you got the impression that I "think highly" of the leadership of either party.

Harry Reid hasn't blocked all bills from the House - just the ones that he can't support.

You won't get much of an argument as far as what "good" a legislative branch is.

The only good thing I can say about our political system is that it's probably better than all the others.

What? Why are you rationalizing his actions? Since when do we trust the reasoning of such an uber-partisan such as he?

It should be.

Ever seen the panderer John Boehner in action?

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is worried about dysfunction in Congress, but he's placing the blame for inaction squarely at the feet of Democrats in Washington.

"It should embarrass all of us, and it's the result of a deliberate partisan decision," the Texas Republican said in an interview scheduled to air on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday.

It's a bit much for the ideological bomb-thrower to lament dysfunction in Congress just days after vowing to block all nominees to an understaffed State Department until the White House explains why the Federal Aviation Administration temporarily grounded U.S. flights to Israel. And there's still the matter of last year's federal government shutdown, which was spurred by Cruz's quixotic demand to defund the Affordable Care Act.

More: Ted Cruz Blames Democrats For Congressional Dysfunction

Does that moron actually believe that - or is it just more political theater and red meat for the hardcore right? I suspect most of his followers believe it.

That's probably one of the most inane things I've ever read considering he singlehandedly shut down the government.

What? Why are you rationalizing his actions? Since when do we trust the reasoning of such an uber-partisan such as he?

Why should we "trust the reasoning" of John Boehner either?

Harry Reid is an "uber partisan" because that's quite literally his job. He was elected by members of his party for the specific job of representing the party's interest in the Senate.

I'm not describing the way I think things should be, I'm describing how things are.

Forum List

Back