Ted Cruz doesn’t like Uganda’s new anti-gay

Way to go Ted. Why do these guys hate it when democracy is actually practiced?
He calls the law “barbaric”. So biblical law is barbaric? Ted is higher authority than the Bible now?

By the way, the law only allows death penalty for child molesters.

Ted Cruz going Woke Light was not on my bingo card.

Yes he realizes his conservative voting base is shrinking in Texas. But lol at him thinking he's going to get anyone that even leans slightly to the left to vote for him. That's delusional.

Cruz has been an outspoken Dominionist. That means laws should be based on Christian theology... Mostly the Evangelical and fundamentalist kind.

Evidently not well educated on homosexuality in the Bible.
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalms 139:13-14

"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:28

I can keep going on if you like.

Leviticus 20:13
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them
We have New Testament which abolished many of the Old Testament laws.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalms 139:13-14

"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:28

And none of those justifies homosexual acts.

I'm not disagreeing that AIDS killed people. I'm saying bombs killed many more. AIDS has now been controlled and HIV is on the verge of being cured. People dropping bombs has not been cured.
Well I am against stupid unnecessary wars. So I don’t know what point you are trying to make.

The Bible condemns sexual violence not homosexuality.

Well I hope you don't believe all people who have been divorced can get remarried because the bible doesnt justify that either.
Jesus reiterated God’s intentions when he created man and woman, that they should be joined and become one flesh. Although divorce can be allowed, it is seen as a failure, not something that should be promoted or celebrated.

I will never understand why people want to shove their own morality down other peoples throats. If someone isnt bothering anyone else, nor are they taking advantage of the disadvantaged, leave them alone. Good grief.
.....and this works BOTH ways -- a notion precious few posters here understand.

Forum List

Back