Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

Nope, I think the courts can't make a law, period. If a state bans gay or interracial marriage, then that crosses the 14A, then the court steps in and defends those people.

If a court states a gay or inter marriage ban is unconstitutional, I support that. What I don't support is the courts creating laws. The courts can defend rights but they can't make law.

I don't understand why that's so hard to understand. Why are you so adamant that courts be able to make laws? Do you not understand that that is not the courts job, and, eventually, that will come back to bite you at some point?
Good fucking grief! Do you ever stop! We seem to actually agree on what the power of the court is. You just don't want to call ir CASE LAW That is the only thing that I'm having trouble understanding. So tell me kid, what do you want to call it.? What words are acceptable to you ?

Court rulings are universally referred to by people of all political views as case law. It it is a federal court ruling on a constitutional issue it becomes CONSTITUTIONAL LAW.

I don't understand why that's so hard to understand.

I am fortunate because I never attended a school in my life where there were more than a few Negroes in the student body. Black majority public schools are dangerous for the whites and Orientals who attend. By encouraging the civil rights movement the Brown vs Board of Education Supreme Court Decision of 1954 harmed the United States. Integration only works when the black population is low.
I am fortunate because I never attended a school or had to be any place else that was infected by shameless bigots. I might have to walk the same earth, and breath the same air as the likes of you, but I will be forever grateful that I never had to associate with your kind, and most of all, grateful that I am not your kind

What are you even doing here? Wouldn't you be more at home on Stormfront ? This board is dominated by conservatives but you go way beyong where they are at.

Last edited:
They have? Like seriously? I've tried to search for "congress wants to ban gay marriage" and "republican ban on gay marriage" and I didn't come up with any articles that fit those criteria.

I just really don't think it will ever happen. You need to stop listening to those fear mongering progressive talk shows. In this day and age, nobody is going to ban gay or interracial marriage.
Here is more for you to chew on kid. If you actually did any research, you're clearly not very good at it. You are finished here you are beyong redemption.

And while Republicans used to be relatively quiet about same-sex marriage, they’re now increasingly making noise about it. Senator John Cornyn, a Republican from Texas, for example, used the supreme court confirmation process of now-Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson to repeatedly opine that the high court wrongfully invented the right to same-sex marriage.

The moral of this story? All of our rights are inextricably connected. Conservatives are not going to focus only on trans people and leave cis gay people alone. They’re not going to focus their energies on undermining reproductive rights and ignore LGBT people. They’re coming for everyone who doesn’t look and think like them. We cannot draw lines between the struggle for trans rights or gay rights or women’s rights: we are all in it together. The Republicans have made it very clear that if they haven’t come for your civil rights yet they will do so very soon.

They'll just cancel anyone that is opposed to gay marriage.
Not true. We don't want to cancel anyone. Quite the contrary. Let the opposition have their platform for the world to see their stupidity and bigotry. Hate thrives when it's driven underground to fester and grow like cancer. On the onther hand demons wither and die in the light of day.

The more that people try to justify and defend banning marriage equality, the more they fall flat on their faces and look stupid.

I am fortunate because I never attended a school or had to be any place else that was infected by shameless bigots. I might have to walk the same earth, and breath the same air as the likes of you, but I will be forever grateful that I never had to associate with your kind, and most of all, grateful that I am not your kind

What are you even doing here? Wouldn't you be more at home on Stormfront ? This board is dominated by conservatives but you go way beyong where they are at.
StormFront banned me when I pointed out that one of Adolf Hitler's accusations against German Jews was factually incorrect.

If you think black majority public high schools are safe places of learning, I suggest you spend several semesters as a substitute teacher in several of them. Liberal parents go to considerable lengths to avoid sending their children to public schools with lots of blacks in them.

I am liberal on economic and environmental issues. I used to support the civil rights movement. Unlike other liberals I woke up from Martin Luther Kings Dream to smell the smoke from the most recent black ghetto riot.

StormFront banned me when I pointed out that one of Adolf Hitler's accusations against German Jews was factually incorrect.

If you think black majority public high schools are safe places of learning, I suggest you spend several semesters as a substitute teacher in several of them. Liberal parents go to considerable lengths to avoid sending their children to public schools with lots of blacks in them.

I am liberal on economic and environmental issues. I used to support the civil rights movement. Unlike other liberals I woke up from Martin Luther Kings Dream to smell the smoke from the most recent black ghetto riot.
Hey look. This thread is about gay marriage. I will not suborn your attemps to troll it into the gutter on racial issues. Take your racist crap somewhere else.

Most states that had bans on gay marrige on the books have not repealed anything . However they are unenforceable because of Obergefell. If Obergefell were to be overturned, they would go back into effect. Anyone who does not know that is indeed stupid!
I was reading wiki and for every state, it says all their bans were declared unconstitutional.

I can't seem to find a list of states that still have bans. Regardless, I think you are worried about nothing. Gay marriage is safe in every state. Even if obergefell is overturned, you'd see states repealing bans or legalizing gay marriage.

Again, more than anything, politicians care about votes. Banning same sex marriage would be bad for their approval ratings.

Good fucking grief! Do you ever stop! We seem to actually agree on what the power of the court is. You just don't want to call ir CASE LAW That is the only thing that I'm having trouble understanding. So tell me kid, what do you want to call it.? What words are acceptable to you ?

Court rulings are universally referred to by people of all political views as case law. It it is a federal court ruling on a constitutional issue it becomes CONSTITUTIONAL LAW.

I don't understand why that's so hard to understand.
What I want to avoid is a situation like roe, where the courts ruled on a right to privacy, and the leftist activists said "it's law! Abortion is settled law!".

I'm not advocating against gay marriage, I'm just trying to be crystal clear on the role of the court, and careful about what they say, because for 3 decades, we were recognizing a "law" created by scotus, which was really just the left creating that narrative, which scotus doesn't have the power to do. So, yes, maybe I am harping about the language, but it's that language that gave us 30 years of "law" that should have never been.

Here is more for you to chew on kid. If you actually did any research, you're clearly not very good at it. You are finished here you are beyong redemption.

Oh my, you need to stop reading these fear mongering articles. By chance, do you happen to listen to Michaelangelo signoriole or dean obiedallah on Sirius xm?

Anyway, these articles have a knack of taking things out of context. For example, the claim that they have introduced...168? bills targeting transgenderism, when in fact, they are most likely bills trying to prevent teaching topics of sexuality and sexually explicit topics to kids under 10.

Sure, there are probably a few people who will try to push an anti gay bill, but they won't go anywhere.

Wow! I hope your little seizure there didn't hurt.

17 days.

It's going to be fun!

:)

Forum List

Back