Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

They won't go after interracial marriage since it actually effects off of the gop justices, even though most on the right would support banning it.
They wont go after interracial marriage because they are cowards. Gays have become a much more acceptable target that racial minorities so thay don't want to touch it-for noe. They will ignore the fact that Loving was decided on the same constitutional grounds as Obergefell- equal protection under that law and due proces under the 14th amendment.

However, once they are finished pushing gay rights back to the 1950's, they wil turn to interracial mariage, and will in fact look for ways to forstall the trend of the impending white minority-the great replacement theory- and invoke interracial marriage as part of that "problem"

Last edited:
They wont go after interracial marriage because they are cowards. Gays have become a much more acceptable target that racial minorities so thay don't want to touch it-for noe. They will ignore the fact that Loving was decided on the same constitutional grounds as Obergefell- equal protection under that law and due proces under the 14th amendment.

However, once they are finished pushing gay rights back to the 1950's, they wil turn to interracial mariage, they wil in fact look for ways to forstall the trend of the impending white minority-the great replacement theory- and invoke interracial marriage as part of that "problem"
No they won't lol. Nobody has any interest in banning interracial marriage (ok, maybe a few extreme kooks, but not anyone in the mainstream), besides, there's no reason to, just like there's no reason to ban gay marriage, and if people follow the cotus, they won't (or shouldnt) try. Yeah, yeah, you'll have some people will claim religion to ban same sex marriage, but, they have no standing.

As I've said before, the federal government doesn't have the authority to ban same sex marriage, just like it doesn't have the authority to ban interracial marriage, or abortions.

Those who lament the demise of states rights should blame the trators who started the civil war and the resultin reconstruction amendments including the 14th which rendered the bill of rights binding on the states. States rights are not absolute
Do you believe the federal government should be able to make any law it wants?

What does states rights mean to you?

No they won't lol. Nobody has any interest in banning interracial marriage (ok, maybe a few extreme kooks, but not anyone in the mainstream), besides, there's no reason to, just like there's no reason to ban gay marriage, and if people follow the cotus, they won't (or shouldnt) try. Yeah, yeah, you'll have some people will claim religion to ban same sex marriage, but, they have no standing.

As I've said before, the federal government doesn't have the authority to ban same sex marriage, just like it doesn't have the authority to ban interracial marriage, or abortions.
Holy shit! Here you are again with more of your duplicitous bullshit . The federal gaovernmwnt, via congrress can indeed ban interracial, and same sex marriage, as well as banning abortion as they are now trying to to. And while the SCOTUS will not make such a ruling, they can step aside and allow they states to do so as they already have with abortion. And while you claim to believe that the constitution protects those rights, you do not think that the courts can enforce it because that is "making law" You do not give a fuck about those rights You fool no one

Do you believe the federal government should be able to make any law it wants?

What does states rights mean to you?
Jesus fucking christ! more games. No the federal goverment must make laws that conform to the constitituion and the state staes, while having rights, must do the same. There! So simple that a MAGA moron can understand it.

Goes back to a states rights issue, just like abortion.
So do you think that if a state wants to limit marriage to two people of the same race, they can? Think about how that would work out since many people are mixed race of varying degrees . Forinstance, if one party was 25% black and the other 75% black, could they marry. The whole idea is justst as stupid as gender being a factor since many people are not clearly male or female. We, as a society just need to get the fuck over it andstop trying to control other peoples lives.

Holy shit! Here you are again with more of your duplicitous bullshit . The federal gaovernmwnt, via congrress can indeed ban interracial, and same sex marriage, as well as banning abortion as they are now trying to to. And while the SCOTUS will not make such a ruling, they can step aside and allow they states to do so as they already have with abortion. And while you claim to believe that the constitution protects those rights, you do not think that the courts can enforce it because that is "making law" You do not give a fuck about those rights You fool no one
Holy shit! Here you are again with more of your duplicitous bullshit

Haaaai! :hhello:

The federal gaovernmwnt, via congrress can indeed ban interracial, and same sex marriage, as well as banning abortion as they are now trying to to

I don't think they can, because of the 14th ammendment, there would be too many lawsuits. Even still, if they tried, they'd never have the votes to do it, it would be political suicide. I don't think that many people really want to ban those things, not as much as you think they do, well, maybe abortion, but, again, I don't know if there is enough support, even in the republican party, for a nationwide ban.

And while the SCOTUS will not make such a ruling, they can step aside and allow they states to do so as they already have with abortion

I don't think even the states will make bans on gay marriage, or interracial marriage, there will be those that have, or, will, make abortion bans though, that's for the those states to decide though.

And while you claim to believe that the constitution protects those rights, you do not think that the courts can enforce it because that is "making law

The cotus does protect those rights, and yes, I don't believe the courts should make law. I believe the courts can protect people by making states abode by the 14th ammendment, but courts cannot make law.

You do not give a fuck about those rights You fool no one

Rethink that, I think this country affords you the opportunity to love, and marry anyone you want. At no point have you heard me state they should ban gay marriage, nor should they ban interracial marriage.

Jesus fucking christ! more games. No the federal goverment must make laws that conform to the constitituion and the state staes, while having rights, must do the same. There! So simple that a MAGA moron can understand it.
No the federal goverment must make laws that conform to the constitituion

Great, what does the cotus say about the powers of the federal government, and the powers of the state?

while having rights

Thats what I'm asking, what are the states rights in relation to the federal government.

Also, calm down, were just talking....

So simple that a MAGA moron can understand

When I see a maga person, I'll let you know.

I don't think they can, because of the 14th ammendment, there would be too many lawsuits. Even still, if they tried, they'd never have the votes to do it, it would be political suicide. I don't think that many people really want to ban those things, not as much as you think they do, well, maybe abortion, but, again, I don't know if there is enough support, even in the republican party, for a nationwide ban.
Really? They would not do it because of the threat of lawsuits? Are you fucking serious.? They are not worried about law suits. With Trumps SCOTUS they would ultimatly prevail Likewise they are not concerned about the will of the people. They are concerned about appeasing the moronic minions that make up the MAGA base. It they take congress in Nov. there is a good chance that they will do it. Get real. It continues to be apparent that you are pretending to support those rights, while claiming that they are not in danger and really not giving a shit.

Last edited:
I don't think even the states will make bans on gay marriage, or interracial marriage, there will be those that have, or, will, make abortion bans though, that's for the those states to decide though.
How stupid are you.? Regading marriage, they did it before and little has changed since then. Abortion? Allowing states to decide is ok ? You are a fucking idiot!

The cotus does protect those rights, and yes, I don't believe the courts should make law. I believe the courts can protect people by making states abode by the 14th ammendment, but courts cannot make law.
You continue to talk out of both sides of your mouth. Rights are protected....but, but, but Herp Derp/ You are so full of shit

Rethink that, I think this country affords you the opportunity to love, and marry anyone you want. At no point have you heard me state they should ban gay marriage, nor should they ban interracial marriage.
At no point have I heard you say that the courts should enforce those rights when congress or the staes will not. You are so full of shit!

Really? They would not do it because of the threat of lawsuits? Are you fucking serious.? They are not worried about law suits. With Trumps SCOTUS they would ultimatly prevail Likewise they are not concerned about the will of the people. They are concerned about appeasing the moronic minions that make up thye MAGA base. It they take congress in Nov. there is a good chance that they will do it. Get real. It continues to be apparent that you are pretending to support those rights, while claiming that they are not in danger and really not giving a shit.
Really? They would not do it because of the threat of lawsuits? Are you fucking serious.

Absolutely. Every politician knows the courts would reject that on 14th ammendment basis, and even if a court did, there would be another court to challenge it or appeal it.

With Trumps SCOTUS they would ultimatly prevail Likewise they are not concerned about the will of the people.

"Trumps" scotus hasn't been so Trumpy as of late. I'm sure you have noticed.

It they take congress in Nov. there is a good chance that they will do it.

No they won't. Has any republican congressman really seriously talked about it? Even if they did, it's just political fluff, kinda like how dems have talked for years about gun bans, but when they had the chance during obama, they balked.

It continues to be apparent that you are pretending to support those rights, while claiming that they are not in danger and really not giving a shit.

No, I support the cotus, and 14A says yiu have the right to do what you want. I'd oppose congress making any law banning gay marriage or interracial marriage. It's not their place.

No, I support the cotus, and 14A says yiu have the right to do what you want. I'd oppose congress making any law banning gay marriage or interracial marriage. It's not their place.
But you think that the court should allow states to to ban gay or interracial marriage rather than "make laws " saying that those bans by the states are unconstitutional, don't you? And I suspect that if congress were to do so you would take the same poosition Yes or no? Enough with the stupid games! You are so full of shit I can smell it from here .

How stupid are you.? Regading marriage, they did it before and little has changed since then. Abortion? Allowing states to decide is ok ? You are a fucking idiot!
Regading marriage, they did it before and little has changed since then.

Are there any states that ban same sex marriages, currently? I don't believe there are. There is little chance they would ever go back to it, the political landscape has evolved since those bans were in place.

Abortion? Allowing states to decide is ok ? You are a fucking idiot!

Over the federal government? Absolutely. Do you believe the federal courts should decide on abortion?

Forum List

Back