Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

No they won't. Has any republican congressman really seriously talked about it? Even if they did, it's just political fluff, kinda like how dems have talked for years about gun bans, but when they had the chance during obama, they balked.
Yes actually some have? Gay marriage anyway. They are too chicken to go after interracial marriage, so far anyway

At no point have I heard you say that the courts should enforce those rights when congress or the staes will not. You are so full of shit!
I've stated, repeatedly, that the courts should defend 14A rights. I've stated, repeatedly, that states rights are absolute, unless the state is infringing on a person's cotus rights, then the courts step in and correct the state.

But you think that the court should allow states to to ban gay or interracial marriage rather than "make laws " saying that those bans by the states are unconstitutional, don't you? And I suspect that if congress were to do so you would take the same poosition Yes or no? Enough with the stupid games! You are so full of shit I can smell it from here .
Nope, I think the courts can't make a law, period. If a state bans gay or interracial marriage, then that crosses the 14A, then the court steps in and defends those people.

If a court states a gay or inter marriage ban is unconstitutional, I support that. What I don't support is the courts creating laws. The courts can defend rights but they can't make law.

I don't understand why that's so hard to understand. Why are you so adamant that courts be able to make laws? Do you not understand that that is not the courts job, and, eventually, that will come back to bite you at some point?

Yes actually some have? Gay marriage anyway. They are too chicken to go after interracial marriage, so far anyway
They have? Like seriously? I've tried to search for "congress wants to ban gay marriage" and "republican ban on gay marriage" and I didn't come up with any articles that fit those criteria.

I just really don't think it will ever happen. You need to stop listening to those fear mongering progressive talk shows. In this day and age, nobody is going to ban gay or interracial marriage.

Those who lament the demise of states rights should blame the trators who started the civil war and the resultin reconstruction amendments including the 14th which rendered the bill of rights binding on the states. States rights are not absolute
Only ones who have been doing an end around on the 10th amendment are the COTUS loving progressives.

So do you think that if a state wants to limit marriage to two people of the same race, they can? Think about how that would work out since many people are mixed race of varying degrees . Forinstance, if one party was 25% black and the other 75% black, could they marry. The whole idea is justst as stupid as gender being a factor since many people are not clearly male or female. We, as a society just need to get the fuck over it andstop trying to control other peoples lives.
This thread isn't about mixed race, it's states rights to limit or refuse acknowledging same sex marriage.

Please try to stay on topic.

n 1 Corinthians 6:9–10 Paul lists some sinful lifestyles that give evidence that a person is not saved: “Do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men . . . will inherit the kingdom of God.” In other words, a practicing, unrepentant idolater, adulterer, or homosexual is fooling himself if he thinks he is going to heaven. Christians are saved from such sins.
-----------------------------
Right winger said, "Another example of why secular law is more just than Biblical law."

The Homosexual oriented want a new Sodom & Gomorra where no one can refuse the homosexuals. Getting rid of them removes Curses on the Nation.
And you cannot vote your way out of the Curses. Voting brings curses.

Last edited:
... separate schools for white children and black children ...
I am fortunate because I never attended a school in my life where there were more than a few Negroes in the student body. Black majority public schools are dangerous for the whites and Orientals who attend. By encouraging the civil rights movement the Brown vs Board of Education Supreme Court Decision of 1954 harmed the United States. Integration only works when the black population is low.

Last edited:
Social issues like gay marriage should be decided by he voters. The Supreme Court should stay out of them.

Right winger said, "Another example of why secular law is more just than Biblical law."

The Homosexual oriented want a new Sodom & Gomorra where no one can refuse the homosexuals. Getting rid of them removes Curses on the Nation.
And you cannot vote your way out of the Curses. Voting brings curses.
Holy fucking shit on a shingle ! Thant's all I have to say

Why is it a stupid question? I really don't know. I looked, and what I found that all states have repealed gay marriage bans. I seriously don't believe ANY would ever go back to them .
Most states that had bans on gay marrige on the books have not repealed anything . However they are unenforceable because of Obergefell. If Obergefell were to be overturned, they would go back into effect. Anyone who does not know that is indeed stupid!

Last edited:
Why is it a stupid question? I really don't know. I looked, and what I found that all states have repealed gay marriage bans. I seriously don't believe ANY would ever go back to them .
You are in serious need of an education

They have? Like seriously? I've tried to search for "congress wants to ban gay marriage" and "republican ban on gay marriage" and I didn't come up with any articles that fit those criteria.

I just really don't think it will ever happen. You need to stop listening to those fear mongering progressive talk shows. In this day and age, nobody is going to ban gay or interracial marriage.
See post 1398

Forum List

Back