Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

I've never claimed I've done research. I've said I've looked online and couldn't find a list if states that had gay marriage bans on the books. You provided a link, great. Still, my point remains, those are old laws that nobody is going to enforce.
Now we are mincing words.

They are old laws and you have people in shit hole states who are chomping at the bit to reinstate then if SCOTUS allows it, just like what happenedwith abortion. You are either living in an alt-rality or just a major bullshiter. Or maybethere is some part of your brain that is missing

I don't need any help with either of those. I can't help it if you don't realize that states are not going back to gay marriage bans, and even if they tried, the lawsuits would be upheld by scotus using th 14A as reasoning.
If you actually believe that you have to be really, really stupid! Is is possable that you do not understand that if Obergefell is reversed, with it goes those 14th Amendment ptotections! What the FUCK is wrong with you?

Last edited:
Lol, I think you WANT to believe this. You just can't fathom that someone would support states rights AND still want people to have the freedom to be with whomever they choose.
Sure I do but it's a matter of the limits of states rights. And there are limits. You're still bullshiting around with this crap about how gay marriage is protected by the 14th, but bitch about the courts making laws and can't explain how those protections would play out except via case law. All the while ignorantly denying that states, in the name of states rights have a long history of trampleing on individual rights if allowed to do so

Last edited:
I support getting rid of marriage. Let people cohabitate. Good enough. Would have no effect on the nation. None.
So let me see if I got this right. While it is widely recognized that families are the core element, the foundation of society and that marriage provides a framework that binds those families with the legal protections and obligation's of being part of a family including the care of children, YOU think that there would be no effect on society? You will have to explain that shit.

Last edited:
Oh my, you need to stop reading these fear mongering articles. By chance, do you happen to listen to Michaelangelo signoriole or dean obiedallah on Sirius xm?

Anyway, these articles have a knack of taking things out of context. For example, the claim that they have introduced...168? bills targeting transgenderism, when in fact, they are most likely bills trying to prevent teaching topics of sexuality and sexually explicit topics to kids under 10.

Sure, there are probably a few people who will try to push an anti gay bill, but they won't go anywhere.
Hey fool, let me tell you something. There was an attempt to overturn Obergfelle as recently as 2020 on religious freedom grounds.

They did not take the case, but only for technical reasons ( standing) but Thomas and Scalia had a hissy fit

Thomas said the Obergefell decision has left “those with religious objections in the lurch” and made it easier to label them as bigots “merely for refusing to alter their religious beliefs in the wake of prevailing orthodoxy.”

The stance taken by Thomas and Alito, two of the court’s most conservative justices, comes as the Senate is moving forward quickly with the confirmation process for PresidentDonald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett, a favorite of Christian conservatives. With the death of JusticeRuth Bader Ginsburg and the retirement of Justice AnthonyKennedy, only three of the justices who made up the court’s 5-4majority in the Obergefell ruling still serve on the bench.

Next time the outcome can well be different so cut the crap about how it can't happen

It is likely that next time they can get Trumps three conservatives to go along with them

Last edited:
Now we are mincing words.

They are old laws and you have people in shit hole states who are chomping at the bit to reinstate then if SCOTUS allows it, just like what happenedwith abortion. You are either living in an alt-rality or just a major bullshiter. Or maybethere is some part of your brain that is missing
Don't know what else to tell ya. Feel free to live in this "sky is falling" fear. I wish I could calm your fears, but progressive media has its grip on you.

I wish you'd realize we are in a day and age where anti gay state laws are outdated, unfashionable, and political suicide, and the world has evolved since those laws were made.

If you actually believe that you have to be really, really stupid! Is is possable that you do not understand that if Obergefell is reversed, with it goes those 14th Amendment ptotections! What the FUCK is wrong with you?
Is it possible you don't realize that NOBODY is going to enforce those laws, and theyll probably be taken off the books.

Hey fool, let me tell you something. There was an attempt to overturn Obergfelle as recently as 2020 on religious freedom grounds.

They did not take the case, but only for technical reasons ( standing) but Thomas and Scalia had a hissy fit

Next time the outcome can well be different so cut the crap about how it can't happen

It is likely that next time they can get Trumps three conservatives to go along with them
Nah, the system worked, the decision was shot down, only 2 of the Republican justices had anything against it, but sided with the rest if the court for "technical" reasons...whatever those were..

Nah, the system worked, the decision was shot down, only 2 of the Republican justices had anything against it, but sided with the rest if the court for "technical" reasons...whatever those were..
I just don't know whether you know how full of shit you are or if you are just that stupid. My guess is that you know and are playing a sick game here

Don't know what else to tell ya. Feel free to live in this "sky is falling" fear. I wish I could calm your fears, but progressive media has its grip on you.

I wish you'd realize we are in a day and age where anti gay state laws are outdated, unfashionable, and political suicide, and the world has evolved since those laws were made.
I wish that you would realize that you're living in La La Land

Lol, I guess we'll have to just wait and see. I'm pretty sure you're safe
IN the news today:

"Well, gay marriage is, is, it is in our Constitution, it is not allowed under state law," McMaster told the debate moderator. "It is not allowed. I would follow state law whatever the state law is, but I'm, maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think in marriage ought to be between a man and a woman."

Lol, I guess we'll have to just wait and see. I'm pretty sure you're safe

Forum List

Back