Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

No, you can't reconcile the fact that I've said several times now that states must abide by the cotus, but so must the federal gov. The federal gov has its duties, the states, and the people have the rest..
What the fuck are you blathering about now. There is nothing to reconcile . Of course the Feds must abide by the Constitution. Again, your interpretation of the Constitution is not the only interpretation and not the prevailing one.

The same shit over and over again! Yes they can create law! Case law! Again, if they can only interpret the law, how is that interpretation put into effect if not by the force of case law. ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION! How esle do they make sure states are abiding by it? You continue to speak with forked tongue. You can't have it both ways.
Read the cotus...the legislative branch is vested with the job of creating laws, not the judicial branch.

They interpret whatever law is being proposed based on the application of the cotus. If it passes, no problem, if it doesn't, then scotus rules it invalid

You say the 2A is murky, but the federal gov authority to regulate marriage is absolute. It's the other way around.
I did not say anything about the feds authority to regulate marriage is absolute . I said that the states authority IS NOT ABSOLUTE. Is it possible that you do not understand the difference? Are you getting more stupid as we go, or just playing more games?

Really? That is not "Legislating from the bench" OK what would be an example of legislating from the bench then.?
Legislating from the bench is interpreting a cotus to mean something it wasn't intended to mean. The courts can't say "gay marriage is the law", they CAN say "the state trying to ban gay marriage violates equal protection according to the cotus, and thus cannot be upheld"

Honestly, this whole argument really stems from what you all did to roe. Scotus just said that women have a right to privacy, and the leftys said "it's law! Scotus said abortion is legal!". They never said any such things, they just ruled on privacy issues, you all took it and ran with it, which is why the Dobbs decision happened. Scotus recognizes that roe was wrong, and it should have been a states rights issue, and they sent it back to the States.

I agree with you on abortion, but it's not a function of the federal gov to codify a medical procedure into law, forcing states to allow it.

You say the 2A is murky, but the federal gov authority to regulate marriage is absolute. It's the other way around.

The 2A is not murky, it's very clear. The right to keep and BEAR arms shall not be infringed. So,.if a state say you can't carry a firearm, that would be infringement. That is against the cotus, and against our rights.

You would say that if cotus says gay marriage is the law, that is fine, then you would also have to recognize that if the cotus said carry laws were unconstitutional, that too would be fine...but you won't, will you?
I would agree that it was law fool. I would not like it, but I would have to accept it as law. Nice try with your "gottcha " bullshit

What the fuck are you blathering about now. There is nothing to reconcile . Of course the Feds must abide by the Constitution. Again, your interpretation of the Constitution is not the only interpretation and not the prevailing one.
I know it's not the prevailing one, because over the years, people have gotten away from it, and we've allowed the Fed gov to run roughshod over it. Again, you'd love nothing more than to get rid of it so you can have your one party rule.

I did not say anything about the feds authority to regulate marriage is absolute . I said that the states authority IS NOT ABSOLUTE. Is it possible that you do not understand the difference? Are you getting more stupid as we go, or just playing more games?
??? We've been arguing for...3 weeks now? About how you are saying that scotus can make laws, and that the federal gov have the authority to make gay marriage law. You've been clear that states rights are not absolute, which must mean you think the Fed gov has more of a jurisdiction

So, if the states authority on gay marriage is not absolute, and the fed.gov authority on gay marriage is not absolute, then, then who or what, on gay marriage IS absolute?

I would agree that it was law fool. I would not like it, but I would have to accept it as law. Nice try with your "gottcha " bullshit
Really? You just got done saying the 2A was "murky", basically trying to push away from the cotus ability to remove state restrictions on carrying.

Honestly, this whole argument really stems from what you all did to roe. Scotus just said that women have a right to privacy, and the leftys said "it's law! Scotus said abortion is legal!". They never said any such things, they just ruled on privacy issues, you all took it and ran with it, which is why the Dobbs decision happened. Scotus recognizes that roe was wrong, and it should have been a states rights issue, and they sent it back to the States.
Case law!! Get a grip!! Star Decisis. Binding precident that stood for 49 years until Trumps far right theocrates tossed it in the trash.

Legislating from the bench is interpreting a cotus to mean something it wasn't intended to mean. The courts can't say "gay marriage is the law", they CAN say "the state trying to ban gay marriage violates equal protection according to the cotus, and thus cannot be upheld"
No shit?? Thats what they did. Your point??

??? We've been arguing for...3 weeks now? About how you are saying that scotus can make laws, and that the federal gov have the authority to make gay marriage law. You've been clear that states rights are not absolute, which must mean you think the Fed gov has more of a jurisdiction

So, if the states authority on gay marriage is not absolute, and the fed.gov authority on gay marriage is not absolute, then, then who or what, on gay marriage IS absolute?
How about "there are no absolutes" I have tried to explain to you how that works but it has become clear that you are too obtuse to get it.

Really? You just got done saying the 2A was "murky", basically trying to push away from the cotus ability to remove state restrictions on carrying.
My point is that I would consider it case law even if I don't agree with it. It is how things work. Try to get your head around that fact

What is truly Orwellian is how those on the left can find “rights” in the Constitution that simply are not there—such as murdering children in the womb or forcing society to recognize a disgusting homosexual mockery of marriage—but they cannot see a right—such as the people's right to keep and bear arms—that is very clearly and explicitly stated and protected.

Case law!! Get a grip!! Star Decisis. Binding precident that stood for 49 years until Trumps far right theocrates tossed it in the trash.
I KNOW!! case law, you say it has the force of law, so it might as well be the same thing. Crap, let's just get rid of states rights then if the fed gov and the courts can simply just overrule the state whenever they want.....

No shit?? Thats what they did. Your point??
My point is, as with roe, YOU all said it was law, that the courts created "settled law"...they didn't, they can't, YOU guys are the ones did that, and now they are calling it "precedent". It's bad precedent, something that should never have been done. If the scotus makes a bad decision, you can't call that law. What they did was to undo that whole mess that you all created.

My point is that I would consider it case law even if I don't agree with it. It is how things work. Try to get your head around that fact
Actually, it shouldn't be "case law", it should be the proper interpretation of the cotus. It something the states shouldn't be able to deny, because it is a cotus protected right.

What is truly Orwellian is how those on the left can find “rights” in the Constitution that simply are not there—such as murdering children in the womb or forcing society to recognize a disgusting homosexual mockery of marriage—but they cannot see a right—such as the people's right to keep and bear arms—that is very clearly and explicitly stated and protected.
I agree that they think cotus is a living breathing document, and thus subject to change based on what they want that day.

Abortion isn't there, gay marriage, however, is protected by 14A. Being "forced to recognize recognize" is a personal issue that you have to deal with on your own, unless that recognition violates your personal rights, such as religious freedom to not lend your talents to the service of a gay wedding.

Whether YOU think it's disgusting or not is irrelevant. Our cotus give people the right to marry whom they choose, but it doesn't give the Fed gov the authority to regulate marriage laws.

Forum List

Back