Ted Cruz wants to increase H-1B visas from 65,000 to 325,000 annually

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Cruz had my vote when he said he would repeal all of Obama's EOs, but now he has lost my vote. I want H1-B's eliminated entirely. The claim that a corporation can't find a qualified individual in a nation of 330 million people is absurd. Whenever I go to work on a job site I'm surrounded by people with brown faces. I'm tired of having my wages driven down by people from third world countries willing to work for 1/3 of my salary.

WASHINGTON, DC: When it comes to increasing skilled workers on H-1B visas, one could say presidential candidate Ted Cruz is a bit of a black sheep amongst the GOP.

The Republican presidential candidate wants to increase the H-1B visas by 500 percent from its 65,000 to 325,000.

Cruz, who announced his run for the Oval office this morning, had made the proposition in 2013 as an amendment to the Senate’s comprehensive immigration bill.

While the Senate’s Judiciary Committee torpedoed Cruz’s amendment, they did approve an increase of 180,000 in the H-1B cap, but the House never acted on the legislation.

It’s not clear if Cruz had only the base 65,000 H-1B visas for skilled workers from around the globe to emigrate to the US in mind, and he didn’t want to include the 20,000 other H-1B visas which are allocated especially for students who graduate from universities in the US.

yep , he also had my vote , don't know what I'll do now but no more money from me . He also voted against my wishes yesterday on the trade bill .

seems that he's not correct on either and I was a staunch supporter of Ted till this trade bill deal vote and learning about his 'h1b' hoped for increases Jake .

don't think so , Ted has been in the news for a couple years and some of his thinking is coming out just lately Candy .

seems that he's not correct on either and I was a staunch supporter of Ted till this trade bill deal vote and learning about his 'h1b' hoped for increases Jake .

H1b's are bad but not as bad as the perfectly legal 900,000 Green cards and the 700,000 naturalizations. Those are 90% non-white each and the naturalized can vote.

Ted needs come out against
-h1b's
-Green cards
and naturalizations

He needs to stop it for a decade because if he doesn't then the republicans won't have a chance in hell to win in 2020. I look at the county by county voting in both Nev and Florida in 2012...It is apparent to me that the republicans lose both states because of 3 counties with heavy Hispanic voting base. We can't win with the Hispanic vote going 73% democrat!!! The majority of the Hispanic base supports legalization and free shit.

I want no more immigrant of any type for minimum of my lifetime Matthew !!

Gee, the bloom left the flower quickly.

Much like Shillary's approval ratings :)

Still beats anyone in the GOP field easily.

Not Rand Paul, she doesn't

"Jain" (that is German for YES and NO)

Paul makes it more competitive but still does not beat Hillary in a number of states, like Virginia, Florida and surprisingly, North Carolina. But he did, for the first time, take a 3 point lead on her in Ohio, both of them in the very low fourties.

You don't get out much....the field has tightened considerably. The good people of America are onto the old bitch

Poll favor Ms. Clinton over any GOP challenger.

The GOP has no front runner, when it's clear she will have problems, she's lost the independent vote and she'll never get the black vote in numbers like Obama had. Not only that she can't debate, she struggles, if the GOP candidate can carry water in debates he/she will massacre Hillary

Not Rand Paul, she doesn't
Or kasich it turns out.

Neither will get the GOP nomination.

Kasich is just in Ohio, which makes sense given he's the governor, but Paul has lead in polls in Ohio, Iowa, New Hampshire, Colorado, and Pennsylvania.

None of that matters anyway this early, but for you to say that nobody comes close is stating the way you want it to be, not the way it is.

Forum List

Back