🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ted Cruz..wow!

While a working class individual stands up for what they feel is right and want a decent liveable wage, most of the neo-cons on this page chastise them by using rude and ridiculous names.
Ummm?
ted cruz brave?
What a travesty.

What the hell does a living wage have to do with this thread?

Are you sure you are in the one you wanted to be in?

It's the same logic as all the other votes to defund Obamacare, really. House Republicans have long known that all those votes were futile, but they had 40+ votes so that they can all claim they "voted against it".

Cruz is pulling the same bullshit here. He knows that what he's doing actually means absolutely nothing as far as tomorrow's vote goes. It's grandstanding at it's finest. But it gives him the ability to say that he did it when he goes hunting for that sweet sweet PAC money.

The reality is that Republicans are desperate because they are fully aware that once Obamacare is actually implemented, it will be impossible to get rid of. It's all fine and good to bluster about being against Obamacare in the abstract, but once it goes into effect and removing it means that people see benefits that they've become accustomed to actually disappearing, that's a whole different ballgame.

Cruz is playing Republican voters. And apparently some of them are dumb enough to fall for it.

One of the most ignorant political posts I have ever witnessed. You don't have a grasp on the difference between a politician and a public servant.

Cruz promised his constituents that he would try everything in his power to stop Obamacare. AND he is doing just that.

Living up to his campaign promise as a true public servant compared to the rest of the RINO politicians in the R party who run to the right and then become progressives as soon as they get back to Washington's dinner circuit.

Are you new to this board? Cause there's plenty of ignorance to go around.

What Cruz is doing will have no effect on Obamacare whatsoever. Just so you know, even if the government shuts down Obamacare will still be funded. It's mandatory spending. So while soldiers won't get paid, Obamacare will get funded no matter how much the House Republicans and Cruz stomp their feet and hold their breath.

Are you really so blind that you can't see what Cruz is doing? Do you think that CRUZ isn't aware of the above?

He's counting on your ignorance, and you're merrily smiling away and lavishing him with praise for being oh so brave. It's mostly sad, really.

How on earth is what Cruz did courageous? It's not even a real filibuster.

Well at least we now know that Cruz can read at first grade level. He did a great job reading Green Eggs and Ham.

But he couldn't have comprehended the meaning of the book. If he did he made a very poor selection for the occasion. I'll bet his fans don't know the meaning of Green Eggs and Ham.

For years libs have read "hidden meanings" into the book.

You progressives crack me up. You read your slag in Slate this morning did you?

Too funny.

Here's the real deal. Dr. Seuss is legendary in the world of authors for pulling this off. And this link was the first one I could find to the truth. But it's out there on other links. I don't have time to find one that might suit your fancy.

Dr. Seuss was challenged by his publisher, Bennett Cerf, to see if he could write a kid's book with a vocabulary of less than 50 words, so first-graders and even kindergarteners could learn to read it themselves. He did it with 50 words, in fact 49 of them are monosyllabic (the exception being 'anywhere').

There is no hidden meaning. There's nothing in the book that can't be understood by a 5-year-old.

The 50 words are:

a
am
and
anywhere
are
be
boat
box
car
could

dark
do
eat
eggs
fox
goat
good
green
ham
here house
I
if
in
let
may
me
mouse
not

on
or
rain
Sam
say
see
so
thank
that
the

them
there
they
train
tree
try
will
with
would
you

What is the hidden meaning behind the Dr. suess book " Green Eggs and Ham"? - Yahoo! Answers

Last edited:
It's the same logic as all the other votes to defund Obamacare, really. House Republicans have long known that all those votes were futile, but they had 40+ votes so that they can all claim they "voted against it".

Cruz is pulling the same bullshit here. He knows that what he's doing actually means absolutely nothing as far as tomorrow's vote goes. It's grandstanding at it's finest. But it gives him the ability to say that he did it when he goes hunting for that sweet sweet PAC money.

The reality is that Republicans are desperate because they are fully aware that once Obamacare is actually implemented, it will be impossible to get rid of. It's all fine and good to bluster about being against Obamacare in the abstract, but once it goes into effect and removing it means that people see benefits that they've become accustomed to actually disappearing, that's a whole different ballgame.

Cruz is playing Republican voters. And apparently some of them are dumb enough to fall for it.

One of the most ignorant political posts I have ever witnessed. You don't have a grasp on the difference between a politician and a public servant.

Cruz promised his constituents that he would try everything in his power to stop Obamacare. AND he is doing just that.

Living up to his campaign promise as a true public servant compared to the rest of the RINO politicians in the R party who run to the right and then become progressives as soon as they get back to Washington's dinner circuit.

What Cruz is doing will have no effect on Obamacare whatsoever. Just so you know, even if the government shuts down Obamacare will still be funded. It's mandatory spending. So while soldiers won't get paid, Obamacare will get funded no matter how much the House Republicans and Cruz stomp their feet and hold their breath.

Are you really so blind that you can't see what Cruz is doing? Do you think that CRUZ isn't aware of the above?

He's counting on your ignorance, and you're merrily smiling away and lavishing him with praise for being oh so brave. It's mostly sad, really.

For all those on the right side who say this was a waste of time......I am curious....what have YOUR representatives of choice done to get Obama Care repealed?

For all those on the left that are making fun of Cruz' antics...I am curious.....what are your thoughts on the fact that YOUR representatives asked for an exemption from Obama Care for themselves and their staffers?

Well?

Actually, what is sad is that you voted in reps who applauded and bragged about a healthcare law they never truly read...and when they did, they still applauded it and then asked to be exempted from it.

And you smile and continue to say "we won"

Hey Lumpy! Think again.

I thought what Cruz did was impressive, he certainly inspired the pathetic Democrat media to bring out the hatchets, axes, lies and bombs. :lol:.. Chris Mathew's and the MSNBC lie mongers were frothing like rabid dogs.

I figure anytime a politician stands up for the American people, informs them on the realities and puts his career on the line, that is a honorable.

It's also interesting to me that Democrats operate in lock step like mindless potato heads.

What do Democrats politicians care, all the indications are Obama-care is screwing up the economy and personal medical care but they in Washington, the government employees won't suffer (their special and immuned), the productive American people do.

What's up mindless potato head?

When Obamacare kicks in and Americans are suffering even more than they are now, who are Democrats going to blame, my bet is that you'll continue to be a parroting potato head and do what your told...:lol:

Well at least we now know that Cruz can read at first grade level. He did a great job reading Green Eggs and Ham.

But he couldn't have comprehended the meaning of the book. If he did he made a very poor selection for the occasion. I'll bet his fans don't know the meaning of Green Eggs and Ham.

Too funny.

Here's the real deal. Dr. Seuss is legendary in the world of authors for pulling this off. And this link was the first one I could find to the truth. But it's out there on other links. I don't have time to find one that might suit your fancy.

Dr. Seuss was challenged by his publisher, Bennett Cerf, to see if he could write a kid's book with a vocabulary of less than 50 words, so first-graders and even kindergarteners could learn to read it themselves. He did it with 50 words, in fact 49 of them are monosyllabic (the exception being 'anywhere').

There is no hidden meaning. There's nothing in the book that can't be understood by a 5-year-old.

The 50 words are:

a
am
and
anywhere
are
be
boat
box
car
could

dark
do
eat
eggs
fox
goat
good
green
ham
here house
I
if
in
let
may
me
mouse
not

on
or
rain
Sam
say
see
so
thank
that
the

them
there
they
train
tree
try
will
with
would
you

What is the hidden meaning behind the Dr. suess book " Green Eggs and Ham"? - Yahoo! Answers

yeah, the only Suess book with an agenda that I saw was the Oh the places you will go, which was my fav reading to my kid. I miss that. Darn her for growing up. (-:

It seems that the only thing Democrats could comprehend was, "Green Eggs and Ham"...:lmao:

Am I new to this board? Well compared to some others, I am certain that I would be one of the newer ones.

Feel free to school me.

:lol:

Too funny.

The 50 words are:

a
am
and
anywhere
are
be
boat
box
car
could

dark
do
eat
eggs
fox
goat
good
green
ham
here house
I
if
in
let
may
me
mouse
not

on
or
rain
Sam
say
see
so
thank
that
the

them
there
they
train
tree
try
will
with
would
you

I don't read Slate. My knowledge regarding Green Eggs and Ham comes from having kids. I never knew it had hidden meanings or that people debated about it's meaning(s). Kids always think it's meaning is "don't be afraid to try something new or different", but hey, what would a KID know about a book written for KIDS?

Too funny.

The 50 words are:

a
am
and
anywhere
are
be
boat
box
car
could

dark
do
eat
eggs
fox
goat
good
green
ham
here house
I
if
in
let
may
me
mouse
not

on
or
rain
Sam
say
see
so
thank
that
the

them
there
they
train
tree
try
will
with
would
you

I don't read Slate. My knowledge regarding Green Eggs and Ham comes from having kids. I never knew it had hidden meanings or that people debated about it's meaning(s). Kids always think it's meaning is "don't be afraid to try something new or different", but hey, what would a KID know about a book written for KIDS?

Most kids books are written for interpretation by the kids themselves.

Green Eggs and Ham was actually written as the result of a dare....and Seuss was genius enough to have an easily interpreted moral to the story....."try new things"

Most kids books are written for interpretation by the kids themselves.

Green Eggs and Ham was actually written as the result of a dare....and Seuss was genius enough to have an easily interpreted moral to the story....."try new things"

Exactly. So Sen. Cruz decided that while speaking about whether or not to try a new kind of health care program, used a childrens book that says "try new things".

What Senator Cruz proved was that the Dem's are for the government and their policy rather than for the people.
The people who are telling Washington the harmful things that have and are happening to them, be it left ,right or independent, are not being heard by the Dem's.
The Dem's would rather shut down the Government and inflict more harm to the people and our soldiers, rather than not funding the Health Care Bill for one year.
If the bill was not funded we would have a year to work out the problems.

Am I new to this board? Well compared to some others, I am certain that I would be one of the newer ones.

Feel free to school me.

That's funny :lol:
Tinydancer joined in Oct. 2010 and mack20 joined in Aug. 2012 and he doesn't even read the top of your post to see when you joined. :eusa_whistle:

Feel free to school me.

That's funny :lol:
Tinydancer joined in Oct. 2010 and mack20 joined in Aug. 2012 and he doesn't even read the top of your post to see when you joined. :eusa_whistle:

I didn't need to. It was sarcasm.

(and by the way, "he" is a "she")

Since he admitted that up front, how is it ignorant to point out that he is actually trying to call attention to the problem?

It seems that the only thing Democrats could comprehend was, "Green Eggs and Ham"...:lmao:

it was approved by Michelle....

green-eggs-ham-book3.jpg

eat your greens...

I remember when Republicans actually beleved that they were elected to find ways to solve the nation's problems, rather than to grandstand meaninglessly like a 2nd grader doing a "show and tell" presentation.

It seems so long ago....

Can someone tell me if Calgary Cruz sang (or spoke) any song lyrics during his phony filibuster? Because if he did, I'm guessing it's an old song by the Lettermen.

It's "Turn Around, Look at Me"

Oh that was hateful.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2oK_7fKi30]The Vogues - Turn Around, Look at Me - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0e9_4Tx_b8]turn around bright eyes glee - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back