🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Teen pregnancy rate up after 10-year decline

Planned Parenthood and Acorn are pieces of shit who think they're above the law or any sort of monitoring. They defend (in PP's case) child sexual abusers, and in Acorn's case, slavers.

The "evidence" supporting that is very questionable indeed.

True. Let the taxpayers take care of them. And yet when someone comes up with an idea like abstinence education or making people work to receive welfare, the left cries foul. There are certain women who will be nothing more than welfare moms. Why can't they at least be "good" welfare moms, and attend their children's parent/teacher conferences?

I do not take the position of WND that Planned Parenthood is responsible for teen pregnancy. There are many reasons for that. But I also feel they have been ineffective in stopping it. And there's no incentive for them to do so. Teen pregnancy is up.

It's a serious problem. It's the number one cause of poverty and all the ugly social issues that go along with that. Throwing money at the problem and making excuses for irresponsible behavior isn't working. Time to come up with some new ideas.

Abstinence is a valuable part of any sex education program - but it can't be the only part.

According to the CDC, teen pregnancy rates have been steadily going down since 1975 until 2006 when we started to see an increase. That increase is taking place at a time when abstinence only education would be showing it's effects and increased political obstacles towards birth control and accurate information.

The other thing I wonder is this - is it a serious problem? I tend to think so - but the reasons for it are not straight forward.

I was really surprised when I read this: Teen Pregnancy - Encyclopedia of Children and Childhood in History and Society -- teen pregnancy is not a new and urgent problem, nor has the trend increased from some sort of perceived "golden age" represented in Leave it to Beaver and Father Knows Best. The trend has remained remarkably consistent.

When you consider too, the trend towards marriage at later ages, I wonder whether we are fighting biology by insisting on "abstinence only"?

Communist spy? No he's a Marxist president.

And dude, WorldNetDaily is a legitimate news operation with a press pass and totally vulnerable to be sued. They HAVE to be truthful, you probably just don't like that they expose a lot of the progressive razzafraz that the Mein Kampf media won't cover

Are you fucking with me? They aren't legitimate and don't have to be truthful. And then you compare the MSM media to Hitler? Are you just going for the high score of whacked in the head comments?

Look up the name Jeff Gannon, he got a press pass. I don't know why the fuck people think getting a press pass is that difficult. As long as you're not a terrorist, you can probably get one.

I'm not even going to bother to respond to your ignorant comment of Obama.

Honey, if I was _____ you, trust me you'd know it

WND DOES have to be truthful, they're liable for any untruths, they're not a fly-by-night organization that can easily disappear...you know, like AirAmerica. I've seen how WND covers stories first hand and they're more accurate and dependable than oh, NBC or CBS for starters, you don't see WND publishing fake GW letters and then claiming they're real even after it's proved they're not. They do add in commentary openly, but it's still based on fact, you just don't like it.

As for the press pass, I was talking about with the White House, though it's probably no good with the current administration.

Oh, absolutely I realize that and I have checked them out. I still am no fan of the organization. Although, I do like the idea that they offer things like free mammograms and health screenings, which of course, is well funded by the abortion services they provide.

Once again, they don't send the ladies away because they expect them not to come back. They send them to their own counselors who support the "woman's right to choose" and encourage them to end this crisis... there will be other opportunities if the mother chooses.

Immie
They don't encourage them to do anything, they give them the facts, ask them why they have made their decision, and give them all their options including adoption, and keeping the child. And if you have been to planned parenthood where you pay to STD screening, and other services if you have no medical, the waiting room for regular patients usually has triple the amount of the waiting room for abortions. You can keep spreading lies about Planned Parenthood, or you can do something about preventing pregnancies.

My goodness you have bought their lies hook line and sinker. Does the hook hurt more going in or do you expect it to hurt pulling it out?

I'm all for sex education including abstinence but not abstinence only, but then you already knew that.

Immie

No, I have actually been to Planned Parenthood.

They don't encourage them to do anything, they give them the facts, ask them why they have made their decision, and give them all their options including adoption, and keeping the child. And if you have been to planned parenthood where you pay to STD screening, and other services if you have no medical, the waiting room for regular patients usually has triple the amount of the waiting room for abortions. You can keep spreading lies about Planned Parenthood, or you can do something about preventing pregnancies.

My goodness you have bought their lies hook line and sinker. Does the hook hurt more going in or do you expect it to hurt pulling it out?

I'm all for sex education including abstinence but not abstinence only, but then you already knew that.

Immie

As have I and what Luissa has said echos my own experiences.

Immie

As have I and what Luissa has said echos my own experiences.
:eusa_shhh: Don't say that, it is easier for them to keep believing the lie.

Do they have abstinence only programs in those states? Or just a high rate of Hispanics? I'm curious as to whether there is really a connection. I am not for abstinence only programs but I am also skeptical about the efficacy of more comprehensive programs. NJ has a very comprehensive program, but it's done very little good in the inner cities and in my own home town. I would suspect that 99% of teens know how NOT to get pregnant. Most of the teen moms I know wanted a baby.

The group that has sex at the earliest age, and resultant unwed pregnancies are evangelicals, white and black. Their denial of basic instincts, and rejection of preventive action assures this.

Dept. of Disputation: Red Sex, Blue Sex : The New Yorker

A handful of social scientists and family-law scholars have recently begun looking closely at this split. Last year, Mark Regnerus, a sociologist at the University of Texas at Austin, published a startling book called “Forbidden Fruit: Sex and Religion in the Lives of American Teenagers,” and he is working on a follow-up that includes a section titled “Red Sex, Blue Sex.” His findings are drawn from a national survey that Regnerus and his colleagues conducted of some thirty-four hundred thirteen-to-seventeen-year-olds, and from a comprehensive government study of adolescent health known as Add Health. Regnerus argues that religion is a good indicator of attitudes toward sex, but a poor one of sexual behavior, and that this gap is especially wide among teen-agers who identify themselves as evangelical. The vast majority of white evangelical adolescents—seventy-four per cent—say that they believe in abstaining from sex before marriage. (Only half of mainline Protestants, and a quarter of Jews, say that they believe in abstinence.) Moreover, among the major religious groups, evangelical virgins are the least likely to anticipate that sex will be pleasurable, and the most likely to believe that having sex will cause their partners to lose respect for them. (Jews most often cite pleasure as a reason to have sex, and say that an unplanned pregnancy would be an embarrassment.) But, according to Add Health data, evangelical teen-agers are more sexually active than Mormons, mainline Protestants, and Jews. On average, white evangelical Protestants make their “sexual début”—to use the festive term of social-science researchers—shortly after turning sixteen. Among major religious groups, only black Protestants begin having sex earlier.

Read more: Dept. of Disputation: Red Sex, Blue Sex : The New Yorker

Okay so like, who runs around asking these questions?

I didn't read your poll or the other polls that closely, personally I think anything that starts with "studies show" is suspect. There is SO MUCH manipulation of numbers, both honestly and dishonestly (witness the latest global warming revelations)

Evangelicals aren't the ones getting pregnant in Chicago, Camden, or Detroit.

Blame religion. Good try.

Its not the Mormons or Amish that are draining the welfare rolls.

wouldn't draining the welfare rolls be good?
That ould mean less people on welfare.

Those bible belters sure are good at having out of wedlock babies though.

And it is not even frowned on much now by the bible belter culture.

There is a correlation between level of "religiousity" and teen pregnancy in a state. Correlation doesn't necessarily equal causation but in this case I think it must be a factor. Most fundamentalist faiths regard sex as a necessary evil and out of wedlock sex as sin. There is a reluctance to talk about it, bring up birth control etc because that implies that their children are having sex. These are the same demographic groups that fight so hard to prevent access to birth control by teens and sexual education in schools. Education is key to giving a teenager accurate information and if the parents can't/won't provide then they are left to picking it up from their peers with often disasterous results.

YOu do realize that the majority of people who go to Planned Parenthood are not there to get an abortion? They also provide counceling for girls/women who have become pregnant and plan on keeping their child. Like I said before, you should maybe check the place out before you start assuming what goes on there.

Oh, absolutely I realize that and I have checked them out. I still am no fan of the organization. Although, I do like the idea that they offer things like free mammograms and health screenings, which of course, is well funded by the abortion services they provide.

Once again, they don't send the ladies away because they expect them not to come back. They send them to their own counselors who support the "woman's right to choose" and encourage them to end this crisis... there will be other opportunities if the mother chooses.

Immie

:clap2:

Immie

I got my first birth control from them.

I met a college student who interned at PP last summer. She spent two months handing out free condoms. I doubt Immie does anything even minutely as useful in the fight to prevent disease and unwanted pregnancy.

Do they have abstinence only programs in those states? Or just a high rate of Hispanics? I'm curious as to whether there is really a connection. I am not for abstinence only programs but I am also skeptical about the efficacy of more comprehensive programs. NJ has a very comprehensive program, but it's done very little good in the inner cities and in my own home town. I would suspect that 99% of teens know how NOT to get pregnant. Most of the teen moms I know wanted a baby.

Facts on American Teens' Sexual and Reproductive Health

"•Black and Hispanic women have the highest teen pregnancy rates (126 and 127 per 1,000 women aged 15–19, respectively); non-Hispanic whites have the lowest rate (44 per 1,000)."

The crappy thing about these stats is they include 19 year olds.

19 year olds are adults.

Only if they have a husband and/or a career. Otherwise they are children. And they will stay in a perpetual state of arrested development as long as the nanny state takes care of them. Never never land.

Immie

I met a college student who interned at PP last summer. She spent two months handing out free condoms. I doubt Immie does anything even minutely as useful in the fight to prevent disease and unwanted pregnancy.

I worked with a nurse who interned for them, the funniest part is they only did abortions on I think mondays, thurdsdays, and fridays. The one guy who would show up to protest with his loud speaker, hardly ever showed up on the right days. :lol:
My favorite part about going to planned parenthood is being wanded and having to check my cell phone. The upside is, you always get gifts while there.:lol:

YOu do realize that the majority of people who go to Planned Parenthood are not there to get an abortion? They also provide counceling for girls/women who have become pregnant and plan on keeping their child. Like I said before, you should maybe check the place out before you start assuming what goes on there.

Immie

Are they not first and foremost in the fight to bring abortion on demand to the entire country?

'nough said

Immie

I worked with a nurse who interned for them, the funniest part is they only did abortions on I think mondays, thurdsdays, and fridays. The one guy who would show up to protest with his loud speaker, hardly ever showed up on the right days. :lol:
My favorite part about going to planned parenthood is being wanded and having to check my cell phone. The upside is, you always get gifts while there.:lol:
At the one I went to a receptionist and another employee had been shot to death by a protester. I always have utmost respect for anyone who works there. Kudos to you and that nurse for your commitment and bravery!

Some of these PP haters are scary! They will say anything to incite violence.

Forum List

Back