🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Teen pregnancy rate up after 10-year decline

Oh, absolutely I realize that and I have checked them out. I still am no fan of the organization. Although, I do like the idea that they offer things like free mammograms and health screenings, which of course, is well funded by the abortion services they provide.

Once again, they don't send the ladies away because they expect them not to come back. They send them to their own counselors who support the "woman's right to choose" and encourage them to end this crisis... there will be other opportunities if the mother chooses.

Immie
They don't encourage them to do anything, they give them the facts, ask them why they have made their decision, and give them all their options including adoption, and keeping the child. And if you have been to planned parenthood where you pay to STD screening, and other services if you have no medical, the waiting room for regular patients usually has triple the amount of the waiting room for abortions. You can keep spreading lies about Planned Parenthood, or you can do something about preventing pregnancies.

Are they not first and foremost in the fight to bring abortion on demand to the entire country?

'nough said

Immie

Where you trying to go with that?
I mean, God forbid women have access to birth control and pap smears, because that what a majority of the women who are going to PP are getting.
You like to believe the lies of people who have never gone through an abortion, and will do anything to shut Planned Parenthood down.

I got my first birth control from them.

I met a college student who interned at PP last summer. She spent two months handing out free condoms. I doubt Immie does anything even minutely as useful in the fight to prevent disease and unwanted pregnancy.

I worked with a nurse who interned for them, the funniest part is they only did abortions on I think mondays, thurdsdays, and fridays. The one guy who would show up to protest with his loud speaker, hardly ever showed up on the right days. :lol:
My favorite part about going to planned parenthood is being wanded and having to check my cell phone. The upside is, you always get gifts while there.:lol:
At the one I went to a receptionist and another employee had been shot to death by a protester. I always have utmost respect for anyone who works there. Kudos to you and that nurse for your commitment and bravery!

Some of these PP haters are scary! They will say anything to incite violence.

I didn't work there! :D
I think something happened at the one here, but I can't remember. I do know the people who work there have to park their cars in a locked underground parking garage.

They don't encourage them to do anything, they give them the facts, ask them why they have made their decision, and give them all their options including adoption, and keeping the child. And if you have been to planned parenthood where you pay to STD screening, and other services if you have no medical, the waiting room for regular patients usually has triple the amount of the waiting room for abortions. You can keep spreading lies about Planned Parenthood, or you can do something about preventing pregnancies.

Are they not first and foremost in the fight to bring abortion on demand to the entire country?

'nough said

Immie

I mean, God forbid women have access to birth control and pap smears, because that what a majority of the women who are going to PP are getting.
You like to believe the lies of people who have never gone through an abortion, and will do anything to shut Planned Parenthood down.

That is funny.

I have never asked to have Planned Parenthood shut down.

I don't want them shut down. They provide services that are needed, but they are also the ones who are in the forefront of making abortion commonplace not to mention as acceptable as eating out at a diner.

Immie

Last edited:
Something tells me the welfare rolls are higher in urban areas than the Bible Belt. But teen pregnancy is not a real good thing in any area. I don't see any suggestions here for reducing the rate; unless the Jesus bashers are proposing eliminating religion. That'll go over well - not.

We can finger point all day, but for anyone who thinks that babies having babies is good for society needs their fucking head examined. Any other suggestions besides dissing God?

'nough said

Immie

That is funny.

I don't want them shut down. They provide services that are needed, but they are also the ones who are in the forefront of making abortion commonplace not to mention as acceptable as eating out at a diner.

Immie
Women have been hiding abortions for a long time, and many have died from lack of access. It also won't go away if you don't talk about it, and especially not if it isn't acceptable. And when you have an abortion, it is nothing like going out to dinner.

making abortion commonplace not to mention as acceptable as eating out at a diner.

Immie
What a disgusting image. Where do you dream up this stuff?

It is isn't it. Too bad that is what Planned Parenthood is striving to do.

I do know the people who work there have to park their cars in a locked underground parking garage.

Car bombs are scary stuff! Not much respect for life in those things.

not really!

Not really?

There is no respect for life in the bombing of cars, bombing of abortion clinics or the murder of abortionist. No respect at all.

Immie

That is funny.

Immie
Women have been hiding abortions for a long time, and many have died from lack of access. It also won't go away if you don't talk about it, and especially not if it isn't acceptable. And when you have an abortion, it is nothing like going out to dinner.

Making them illegal won't make them go away either.

It's not on my agenda either.

But making it as acceptable as going out to dinner is the agenda of Planned Parenthood.

Immie

making abortion commonplace not to mention as acceptable as eating out at a diner.

Immie

Car bombs are scary stuff! Not much respect for life in those things.

not really!

Not really?

There is no respect for life in the bombing of cars, bombing of abortion clinics or the murder of abortionist. No respect at all.

Immie

Never said there was.

not really!

Not really?

Immie

Never said there was.

I know that and didn't mean to insinuate that you did.

Just making my side of that point known as well. Unfortunately, those of us who are pro-life are associated with murderers who think they have an inside track on God's will.

Immie

Just making my side of that point known as well. Unfortunately, those of us who are pro-life are associated with murderers who think they have an inside track on God's will.

Immie
Gee, I wonder who might have given them that idea?
Perhaps some anti-choicers who think that they have an inside track on God's will?

Accused says he killed abortion doctor to save lives
January 29, 2010 - 11:50AM

scottroeder-420x0.jpg
Accused ... Scott Roeder. Photo: AP

In an impassioned plea before a US court, a born-again Christian argued on Thursday that he had killed a prominent abortion doctor because he wanted to save the lives of unborn babies."

Accused says he killed abortion doctor to save lives

'nough said

Immie

That is funny.

Immie

Umh...no Immie. I don't think you've been there have you? I've never known one to make abortion as "acceptable as eating out at a diner". Ending a potential life within you is never ever that - not to anyone. What planned parenthood does is it gives the woman the information she needs to make the best choice for HER - without condemnation, coercion or judgement. Every situation is unique.

This is what happens when you approach the real world with a fantastical view of life, and refuse to budge. Common sense should of told you abstinence only education is so completely stupid. Biology to have sex is so strong, just saying "no, you can't do this" is not the answer. Urging them not to is a good thing, but they will do it anyway. So teaching both is the only way to go, to prevent this stuff.

Sometimes I'm so astounded by the idiocy of social conservative policy, and the people that support it. Unreal.

That is funny.

Immie

Umh...no Immie. I don't think you've been there have you? I've never known one to make abortion as "acceptable as eating out at a diner". Ending a potential life within you is never ever that - not to anyone. What planned parenthood does is it gives the woman the information she needs to make the best choice for HER - without condemnation, coercion or judgement. Every situation is unique.

Planned Parenthood is attempting to make abortion something that is not even thought about. They want to make it something that just happens and no one ever even thinks about it when it does happen.

They want it to be like going to get one's haircut. No one ever thinks about going to get a haircut. Walk in, abort the child aka "a clump of cells" and walk out. No harm/no foul. But there is harm.

Planned Parenthood wants society to accept abortions, whether it is 1,500,000/year or 85,000,000/year, as if they are no different than getting a haircut and by your own words:

Ending a potential life within you is never ever that - not to anyone

abortion IS different.

If the pro-life movement were to simply cave-in and be silent, then abortion would become as acceptable as getting a hair cut. We can't have that. It is important to keep the issue in the front of our minds in order to limit the number of times it happens. Why can't we be silent? Because if we are silent then ending a life within you will become like getting a haircut. It wouldn't happen over night, but eventually, that life within you would not mean anything at all. Not to you and not to society.

I believe most pro-choicers want abortions to be as rare as I do, but silence on this issue would allow it to become commonplace and that would be a tragedy.

And I don't have to have been a client of Planned Parenthood. I have read their own literature and their own website. In their own words they speak of making it "okay" to have an abortion. When it becomes "okay" to have an abortion we as a people will have become insensitive and uncaring. Life won't matter anymore. Not for anyone.

Immie

Why can't anti-choice people be honest? I mean come on. If there wasn't anti choice movement, abortions would be like haircuts? You seriously believe that tripe? it's not an easy decision for anybody ,and there can be health risks involved, so nobody takes it lightly. tHat's just another anti-choice argument

also the "abortion is a business" like PP is pushing for abortions, when they help prevent them by supplying affordable birth control and counseling and education for people that are thinking or are having sex. Plus, its a non-profit organization, so I hardly see how they are in the business of abortion.

Why can't anti-choice people be honest? It doesn't help your cause, and makes many look like nuts. I lived next to a PP and the vile stuff they would yell, disrupting a residential area at early hours of the morning, having unfactual signs, and even anti homosexual stuff. You think anybody is going to change their mind with those tactics?

Instead of focusing on actually helping people and preventing unwanted babies, and try to limit abortion that way, they just demand that it not even be an option, and it helps nobody. Like FoF spending 3 million on a superbowl commercial. Imagine what that money could do to help women keep the baby and have resources to raise them

That is funny.

Immie

Immie is the expert on PP. He will never be convinced otherwise. He's in control you know.

Love your new avatar, btw!

Immie

I guess I should not be surprised that such a revolting comparison would come from someone who supported the comparison of a woman's womb to a smoke filled barroom and place of business.

You don't get far with your arguments when you let your Hannibal Lector tendancies loose.

Forum List

Back