🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Teen pregnancy rate up after 10-year decline

18. As JenT said, they cannot be given an aspirin at school without parental consent. Information is important but some of this "info" is clearly propaganda. Planned Parenthood is a very lucrative business. Promoting under-age sex means more contraceptives, more abortions, and more STD testing. Interesting article here:

An American business 'success' story

Fuck really, you're going to ramble on your conspiracy theories and then post a article from WND?! World Net Daily? REALLY?

The same place that said Obama is a Communist spy. :lol:

The whole issue of contraceptives, abortions and underage kids is complex.

People have historically had sexual relations at ages we consider to be "children" or underage. The age of marriage has been as young as 12 in some societies. I'm not advocating this - but the facts say a lot about us, sexual maturity and biology. Kids as young as 15, 16, etc are mentally/psychologically/phsyically not adults but they are biologically mature enough to reproduce. We owe them the truth (ie not abstinence only) while still trying to protect them. But what if protecting them means giving them a safe outlet to talk about a possible pregnancy and what to do? Should the parents always be notified? And...what is the cut off in regards to age?

Great points and then some...I think we were created to procreate at about 15, 16, 17. In pioneer days you were an old maid if you weren't married and having kids by then, but they didn't live as long as we do now.

I think kids are mature enough to start families young, I think what we lack maturity for is all the other distractions and temptations (and consequences) in the world.

WARNING: THIS WAS MY OPINION, ITS JUST AN OPINION, :lol: CALM DOWN

18. As JenT said, they cannot be given an aspirin at school without parental consent. Information is important but some of this "info" is clearly propaganda. Planned Parenthood is a very lucrative business. Promoting under-age sex means more contraceptives, more abortions, and more STD testing. Interesting article here:

Fuck really, you're going to ramble on your conspiracy theories and then post a article from WND?! World Net Daily? REALLY?

Communist spy? No he's a Marxist president.

And dude, WorldNetDaily is a legitimate news operation with a press pass and totally vulnerable to be sued. They HAVE to be truthful, you probably just don't like that they expose a lot of the progressive razzafraz that the Mein Kampf media won't cover

Last edited:
It is not like they tell you to go speak to someone at a Crisis Pregnancy Center for a "second opinion".

They fully expect you to come back for your next appointment and eliminate the "problem".

Thanks for cutting me some slack... I need it tonight. :lol:

Immie

YOu do realize that the majority of people who go to Planned Parenthood are not there to get an abortion? They also provide counceling for girls/women who have become pregnant and plan on keeping their child. Like I said before, you should maybe check the place out before you start assuming what goes on there.

Oh, absolutely I realize that and I have checked them out. I still am no fan of the organization. Although, I do like the idea that they offer things like free mammograms and health screenings, which of course, is well funded by the abortion services they provide.

Once again, they don't send the ladies away because they expect them not to come back. They send them to their own counselors who support the "woman's right to choose" and encourage them to end this crisis... there will be other opportunities if the mother chooses.

Immie

EXACTLY. And I have many friends that waited for those other opportunities but Prince Charming never came along.

And dude, WorldNetDaily is a legitimate news operation with a press pass and totally vulnerable to be sued. They HAVE to be truthful, you probably just don't like that they expose a lot of the progressive razzafraz that the Mein Kampf media won't cover

Are you fucking with me? They aren't legitimate and don't have to be truthful. And then you compare the MSM media to Hitler? Are you just going for the high score of whacked in the head comments?

Look up the name Jeff Gannon, he got a press pass. I don't know why the fuck people think getting a press pass is that difficult. As long as you're not a terrorist, you can probably get one.

I'm not even going to bother to respond to your ignorant comment of Obama.

I will accept the WND numbers unless someone posts otherwise. Selling sex is a big business in this country. No doubt about that.

Accepting anything from WND is like accepting drugs from some stranger on the street.

Yea right! Abstenance education really worked with the Bush daughters

I'm going to go ahead and blame Rick James for the rate increasing. :eusa_shhh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHKXjRliWi8]YouTube - Rick James - Give It To Me Baby[/ame]

Right, and Jeff Gannon, male whore, had a press pass too.
World net daily is about as credible as Jeff was.

I have to say...I'm very very skeptical of anything in WND - they were among the primary pushers of the birther crap...they have a reputation for agenda over fact and Planned Parenthood (along with George Soros and ACORN) is one of the 3 rightwing horsemen of the apocolypse.

Planned Parenthood and Acorn are pieces of shit who think they're above the law or any sort of monitoring. They defend (in PP's case) child sexual abusers, and in Acorn's case, slavers.

It is not like they tell you to go speak to someone at a Crisis Pregnancy Center for a "second opinion".

They fully expect you to come back for your next appointment and eliminate the "problem".

Thanks for cutting me some slack... I need it tonight. :lol:

Immie

YOu do realize that the majority of people who go to Planned Parenthood are not there to get an abortion? They also provide counceling for girls/women who have become pregnant and plan on keeping their child. Like I said before, you should maybe check the place out before you start assuming what goes on there.

Oh, absolutely I realize that and I have checked them out. I still am no fan of the organization. Although, I do like the idea that they offer things like free mammograms and health screenings, which of course, is well funded by the abortion services they provide.

Once again, they don't send the ladies away because they expect them not to come back. They send them to their own counselors who support the "woman's right to choose" and encourage them to end this crisis... there will be other opportunities if the mother chooses.

Immie
They don't encourage them to do anything, they give them the facts, ask them why they have made their decision, and give them all their options including adoption, and keeping the child. And if you have been to planned parenthood where you pay to STD screening, and other services if you have no medical, the waiting room for regular patients usually has triple the amount of the waiting room for abortions. You can keep spreading lies about Planned Parenthood, or you can do something about preventing pregnancies.

Is Bill Clinton chasing young girls again? Is he impregnating them instead of spraying dresses? someone should call Hilary to get her to stop him!!!

For the right, pregnancy is a marriage proposal. If the girls father has a gun, that is. That's the REAL reason they don't want gun laws.

Do you even know what a marxist is?
And by the way Hitler and Nazi's are have more in common with extreme white right wingers, than they do with liberals. By your Mein Kampf statement I can assume you don't know the answer to my first question.

For the right, pregnancy is a marriage proposal. If the girls father has a gun, that is. That's the REAL reason they don't want gun laws.

More and more are not getting married for finiancial reasons. If they get married don't they have more problems getting govt furnished medical care for the pregnancy and newborn?
It is very likely the father cannot finiancially support the mother and child esp the medical expenses.

We are talking teens here.

True. Let the taxpayers take care of them. And yet when someone comes up with an idea like abstinence education or making people work to receive welfare, the left cries foul. There are certain women who will be nothing more than welfare moms. Why can't they at least be "good" welfare moms, and attend their children's parent/teacher conferences?

I do not take the position of WND that Planned Parenthood is responsible for teen pregnancy. There are many reasons for that. But I also feel they have been ineffective in stopping it. And there's no incentive for them to do so. Teen pregnancy is up.

It's a serious problem. It's the number one cause of poverty and all the ugly social issues that go along with that. Throwing money at the problem and making excuses for irresponsible behavior isn't working. Time to come up with some new ideas.

Immie
They don't encourage them to do anything, they give them the facts, ask them why they have made their decision, and give them all their options including adoption, and keeping the child. And if you have been to planned parenthood where you pay to STD screening, and other services if you have no medical, the waiting room for regular patients usually has triple the amount of the waiting room for abortions. You can keep spreading lies about Planned Parenthood, or you can do something about preventing pregnancies.

My goodness you have bought their lies hook line and sinker. Does the hook hurt more going in or do you expect it to hurt pulling it out?

I'm all for sex education including abstinence but not abstinence only, but then you already knew that.

Immie

Teen pregnancy rate up after 10-year decline - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. teen pregnancy rate rose in 2006 for the first time in more than a decade, reversing a long slide, a U.S. think tank reported on Tuesday.

The overall teen pregnancy rate was up 3 percent in 2006, with a 4 percent rise in the rate of births and a 1 percent rise in the rate of abortions, according to the report by the Guttmacher Institute.

The United States has higher rates of teen pregnancy, birth and abortion than in other Western industrialized countries.

There were 71 pregnancies per 1,000 U.S. girls aged 15-19. In 2006, 7 percent of all teenage girls got pregnant, according to the report.

Fewer black teenage girls got pregnant, closing a gap with Hispanic teens. But rates among both groups were still significantly higher than for white teens, the report said, and rates went up for all ethnic groups.

We do know that when we saw the big decline in the '90s, that a lot of that decline was due to improved contraceptive use among teens."

The abstinence-only programs, backed by many social conservatives who oppose the teaching of contraception methods to teenagers in U.S. schools, received about $1.3 billion in federal funds since the late 1990s.

The Obama administration's 2010 budget eliminated spending for abstinence-only, shifting funds to pregnancy prevention education that include abstinence along with "medically accurate and age-appropriate" information.

New Mexico led the states with the highest teenage pregnancy rate with nine percent, followed by Nevada, Arizona, Texas and Mississippi.

New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Minnesota and North Dakota had the lowest rates of teen pregnancies

$1.3 billion to the abstinence-only programs? What a waste.

But hey, all of this new evidence is definitive proof that the abstinence-only program as a whole fails and contraceptive use by teens works.

Quite interesting which states have the highest and lowest rates though. :eusa_think:

Thoughts USMB?

I disagree with the last statements, but would also toss into the mix that this information further proves the moral decline in America.

Forum List

Back