🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Teen pregnancy rate up after 10-year decline

It's not because of abstinence programs, it's because of the free-falling moral decline (more pregnancies to start with at increasingly younger ages) and the Juno movie, there was an explosion of girls keeping their children to term
:clap2:

Genocide of America and the American way of life by way of abortion was never my plan, was it yours?

I heard on the radio that today's kids are noticing the absence of other kids, realizing why and are a bit angered by it, if it's true the tide is definately turning.

That was the one thing that broke my heart when my first born found me and we talked at length about his childhood. Adoptions are so rare any more that he was the only one and he caught some grief about it. That wrecked me, and I thought, I wonder how many of those kids giving him a hard time about being adopted had aborted siblings. Probably a ton.
Teen pregnancy stats are highest amongst Christian fundamentalists.

:eusa_angel: I take that as a compliment to all Christians...we don't just dispose of consequences like some establishments would recommend

LOL, some of you do not. I know of 3 preachers daughters that got abortions.

In any case it shows that your abstinance only approach does not work very well.

Well, that would make a difference if they advised the woman to go see someone that would really tell them what was going to happen and what was really going on inside their bodies rather than the "take two aspirins and call me in the morning" kind of medicine.

Simply telling them to make an appointment and keep it is not like advising them to "think about it".

Immie

I will say it for a third time now, and I will cut you some slack because you are drinking. They do not just make an appointment and tell them to think about it, you have to go through counceling, first when you come in to take the pregnancy test and tell them your decision, and either the appointment where they give you the ultra sound, or the day you have the abortion. They also don't give you any pain killers, they only give you antibiotics and send you home with a prescription for birth control, what you need to do if you conditions worsen, and numbers for councelors. They don't take it lightly, and one should really maybe see what they do before judging them.

It is not like they tell you to go speak to someone at a Crisis Pregnancy Center for a "second opinion".

They fully expect you to come back for your next appointment and eliminate the "problem".

Thanks for cutting me some slack... I need it tonight. :lol:

Immie

YOu do realize that the majority of people who go to Planned Parenthood are not there to get an abortion? They also provide counceling for girls/women who have become pregnant and plan on keeping their child. Like I said before, you should maybe check the place out before you start assuming what goes on there.

No, speaking just for me, I am not in favor of abortion even when it comes to rape, incest or the mother's life is in danger although, I can agree that in those cases it is time to shut up. When those types of cases apply, it is time for the pro-life movement to sit down, shut up and pray that their message about the sanctity of life has been received and understood as well as pray for the mother and the baby.

Immie

Abortions are a thing of personal responsibility. Most women are not heartless beings and having a abortion does have an effect on them that they will likely carry for the rest of their lives. If they want to do that, it's their choice.

What's sad about this is, in today's culture, so many of those getting pregnant are just kids who are just starting to do things independently without holding mom's hand. They find themselves facing some of the toughest choices of their lives and standing next to them is orgs like Planned Parenthood telling us that it's just a blob of cells. This is hitting them at an awfully young age and not used to taking on huge responsibility and are concerned about telling mom and/or dad who might just surprise them and not freak out and actually support whatever choice they make. Most parents realize their teens are facing issues that are extremely difficult. We want our kids to abstain but know in today's culture and media encouragement, it's very unlikely that they're successful. I wouldn't be happy about having such an early grandchild but I sure wouldn't hit the roof and scream at my son like he might think.

So kids are choosing to listen to Planned Parenthood who are NOT telling them they may regret it for the rest of their lives. Not when I was in that seat anyway. All I ever saw was smiles, winks and a "welcome to womanhood' as though abortion tables were par for the course.

I got a kid that should have been there to argue with her, wouldn't that have been cool...

[

In any case it shows that your abstinance only approach does not work very well.

Actually all it proves is those 3 girls didn't listen to their parents advise. If they had followed it, they wouldn't have gotten pregnant.

-TSO

It's not because of abstinence programs, it's because of the free-falling moral decline (more pregnancies to start with at increasingly younger ages) and the Juno movie, there was an explosion of girls keeping their children to term
:clap2:

Genocide of America and the American way of life by way of abortion was never my plan, was it yours?

I heard on the radio that today's kids are noticing the absence of other kids, realizing why and are a bit angered by it, if it's true the tide is definately turning.

That was the one thing that broke my heart when my first born found me and we talked at length about his childhood. Adoptions are so rare any more that he was the only one and he caught some grief about it. That wrecked me, and I thought, I wonder how many of those kids giving him a hard time about being adopted had aborted siblings. Probably a ton.

:eusa_angel: I take that as a compliment to all Christians...we don't just dispose of consequences like some establishments would recommend

Shame on you. If you had more sense, you would be embarrassed.

You really are insane, aren't you?:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Tell me again how adoptive children are made fun of, and women should never be Police Officers?

Does telling me I"m insane because you disagree with me make you feel better? Are you that weak?

Adopted kids? Words along the lines of "Even your own mom gave you away..." He told me he got some of that, kids will try to go after kids for anything.

Police officers? Were we talking about police officers in this thread? I missed it

Your response sort of defies the statement "teen pregnancy stats are highest amongst Christian fundamentalists" doesn't it?

Sadly so, if she was my daughter I'd rather have the kids.

Your response sort of defies the statement "teen pregnancy stats are highest amongst Christian fundamentalists" doesn't it?

Sadly so, if she was my daughter I'd rather have the kids.

PS Even if you have an abortion, it still counts as a teen pregnancy.

I will say it for a third time now, and I will cut you some slack because you are drinking. They do not just make an appointment and tell them to think about it, you have to go through counceling, first when you come in to take the pregnancy test and tell them your decision, and either the appointment where they give you the ultra sound, or the day you have the abortion. They also don't give you any pain killers, they only give you antibiotics and send you home with a prescription for birth control, what you need to do if you conditions worsen, and numbers for councelors. They don't take it lightly, and one should really maybe see what they do before judging them.

It is not like they tell you to go speak to someone at a Crisis Pregnancy Center for a "second opinion".

They fully expect you to come back for your next appointment and eliminate the "problem".

Thanks for cutting me some slack... I need it tonight. :lol:

Immie

YOu do realize that the majority of people who go to Planned Parenthood are not there to get an abortion? They also provide counceling for girls/women who have become pregnant and plan on keeping their child. Like I said before, you should maybe check the place out before you start assuming what goes on there.

They also hand out birth control pills like candy, introducing a whole host of health problems to those taking those pills. And I know those places, I went through them, held a couple of friends' hands as they waited to be called into the room for their abortions too.

We didn't know any better. Abortions are common and so are the tears of the barren women today.

You really are insane, aren't you?:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Tell me again how adoptive children are made fun of, and women should never be Police Officers?

Does telling me I"m insane because you disagree with me make you feel better? Are you that weak?

Adopted kids? Words along the lines of "Even your own mom gave you away..." He told me he got some of that, kids will try to go after kids for anything.

Police officers? Were we talking about police officers in this thread? I missed it
Yeah! It does, and I am not weak. But according to you most women are, so reality you must think you are weak. Your arguement that Planned Parenthood can brain wash us, and that women should not serve in the service because you feel a man does that job better. Well you just pretty much prove that you think all women are weak.
And I have two adopted brothers, neither one of them was made fun of for being adopted.

Do you think condoms are kinky?

:lol:

Of course not.

Would you be frieghtened of banana-favored, glow-in the dark, tenticle shaped condom?

So Planned Parenthood hands them out?

What exactly makes planned parenthood kinky?

I don't know, but I'm certain that if they don't I could qualify for a $1 million Government Grant to study The Efficacy of Kinky Kondoms in Planned Parenthood.

No, speaking just for me, I am not in favor of abortion even when it comes to rape, incest or the mother's life is in danger although, I can agree that in those cases it is time to shut up. When those types of cases apply, it is time for the pro-life movement to sit down, shut up and pray that their message about the sanctity of life has been received and understood as well as pray for the mother and the baby.

Immie

Abortions are a thing of personal responsibility. Most women are not heartless beings and having a abortion does have an effect on them that they will likely carry for the rest of their lives. If they want to do that, it's their choice.

What's sad about this is, in today's culture, so many of those getting pregnant are just kids who are just starting to do things independently without holding mom's hand. They find themselves facing some of the toughest choices of their lives and standing next to them is orgs like Planned Parenthood telling us that it's just a blob of cells. This is hitting them at an awfully young age and not used to taking on huge responsibility and are concerned about telling mom and/or dad who might just surprise them and not freak out and actually support whatever choice they make. Most parents realize their teens are facing issues that are extremely difficult. We want our kids to abstain but know in today's culture and media encouragement, it's very unlikely that they're successful. I wouldn't be happy about having such an early grandchild but I sure wouldn't hit the roof and scream at my son like he might think.

So kids are choosing to listen to Planned Parenthood who are NOT telling them they may regret it for the rest of their lives. Not when I was in that seat anyway. All I ever saw was smiles, winks and a "welcome to womanhood' as though abortion tables were par for the course.

I got a kid that should have been there to argue with her, wouldn't that have been cool...
I call bullshit on your Planned Parenthood story, I have seen two abortion performed and I have a few friends who had had an abortion and their experience was nothing like what you described. So maybe you should do what you think Planned Parenthood should do, and stop spreading lies.

Baloney.

From what I know, they are a compassionate dedicated group of people who take the time to listen and help a woman decide the best course of actions.

There were no smiles, winks, or anything remotely like "welcome to womanhood".

Of course not.

Would you be frieghtened of banana-favored, glow-in the dark, tenticle shaped condom?

I don't know, but I'm certain that if they don't I could qualify for a $1 million Government Grant to study The Efficacy of Kinky Kondoms in Planned Parenthood.

....with or without....attachments? :eusa_eh:

Of course not.

Here is the link to Planned Parenthood's Teen Talk. Some schools use this site as part of their sex ed program. Today"s word of the day is - HAND JOB. Isn't that cute?

Teen Talk - Planned Parenthood
l
I guess we could stick our heads in the sand in regards to what teenagers are doing. Most teenage girls use Planned Parenthood for birth control purposes or STD testing, why not have them in the discussion? For one while the parents stick their hands in the sand, Planned Parenthood is the one helping prevent their daughter from getting pregnant.

....with or without....attachments? :eusa_eh:

I've always subscribed to the philosophy: "The More, the Merrier.":redface:

Forum List

Back