Teen Sues Parents for Cash and College Tuition. Does She Have a Case?

OK so is the boyfriend willing to help pay for her school?
Are they willing to work to pay back the costs if they borrow money up front?

If they are willing to accept responsibility, why not support them in doing so?
This sounds like an ideal opportunity to teach a young couple financial independence
and the freedom that comes with it when you choose whom to borrow from.

WTF? A "young couple?"

She was DATING him, and she's NOT living with him!

She worked her ass off all through a school her parents PICKED for her, achieved high honors and earned a fucking twenty grand scholarship! THEY promised her that if she worked hard in school they would help her go to a good college. THEY decided that they didn't like who she was dating and now want to dump her like yesterdays trash, and everyone here acts like SHE'S the asshole.

:blowup:

Yes, she is the asshole. If you want money from someone its usually a good idea not to piss them off.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

Oh, the fucking irony.

WTF? A "young couple?"

She worked her ass off all through a school her parents PICKED for her, achieved high honors and earned a fucking twenty grand scholarship! THEY promised her that if she worked hard in school they would help her go to a good college. THEY decided that they didn't like who she was dating and now want to dump her like yesterdays trash, and everyone here acts like SHE'S the asshole.

Yes, she is the asshole. If you want money from someone its usually a good idea not to piss them off.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

Oh, the fucking irony.

and your point is?

My quote is about GOVERNMENT telling you what to do, not a ban on parents (a private entity) requiring compliance from an ADULT CHILD (another private entity) over an agreement (in this case paying for college).

My parents paid for part of my college, and it came with rules, the most important one being is if I lost my partial scholarship, they would not be making up the difference (my father added the threat of dragging me by my neck to a recruiting office and giving me 4 choices, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines).

Since the school year for the private catholic school was started and contractually obligated while she was still 17, I think the parents should probably pay for that. Anything else, if the 18 year old wants to be on her own, then she should be on her own. Otherwise, go home and follow the rules.

Last edited:
A New Jersey teenager claiming that her mother and father tossed her out of their home and cut her off financially is suing them for immediate support, current private-school fees and future college tuition. The parents, meanwhile, say that daughter Rachel Canning, 18, moved out voluntarily after refusing to abide by their rules.

“We love our child and miss her. This is terrible. It’s killing me and my wife,” Rachel's father, Sean Canning, a town administrator and retired police officer, tells the Daily Record. “We have a child we want home. We’re not Draconian and now we’re getting hauled into court. She’s demanding that we pay her bills but she doesn’t want to live at home, and she’s saying, ‘I don’t want to live under your rules.’” The rules, he notes, include reconsidering her relationship with a boyfriend who may be a bad influence, being respectful, and abiding by her curfew. He and his wife, Elizabeth, who live in suburban Lincoln Park, about 25 miles outside of New York City, have kept their daughter’s car because they paid for it, says Canning, and he admits that they did stop paying Rachel's tuition at the private Morris Catholic High School. A hearing is scheduled to take place on Tuesday in the Morris County Superior Court.

Teen Sues Parents for Cash, College Tuition. Does She Have a Case?

I think this young woman is in the wrong, because she refused to abide by her parents' rules while living in their home. What do you guys think of this situation?

[MENTION=1322]007[/MENTION]
[MENTION=37250]aaronleland[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11763]ABikerSailor[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13805]Againsheila[/MENTION]
[MENTION=28109]Amelia[/MENTION]
[MENTION=40495]AngelsNDemons[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43537]Anitabeme[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19762]asaratis[/MENTION]
[MENTION=44774]Asclepias[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24388]asterism[/MENTION]
[MENTION=854]Avatar4321[/MENTION]
[MENTION=9429]AVG-JOE[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43888]AyeCantSeeYou[/MENTION]
[MENTION=40891]AzMike[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18990]Barb[/MENTION]
[MENTION=17136]bayoubill[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19441]Big Black Dog[/MENTION]
[MENTION=44336]birddog[/MENTION]
[MENTION=36422]blackhawk[/MENTION]
[MENTION=45717]BlackSand[/MENTION]
[MENTION=25197]BlindBoo[/MENTION]
[MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION]
[MENTION=44536]BobPlumb[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20112]bodecea[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4301]boedicca[/MENTION]
[MENTION=33449]BreezeWood[/MENTION]
@C_Clay_ Jones
[MENTION=13580]CaféAuLait[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20614]candycorn[/MENTION]
[MENTION=35495]Capstone[/MENTION]
[MENTION=14617]Cecilie1200[/MENTION]
[MENTION=25032]ClosedCaption[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION]
[MENTION=40540]Connery[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19448]CrusaderFrank[/MENTION]
[MENTION=38146]Dajjal[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19727]Darkwind[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30999]daws101[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23991]daveman[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46449]Delta4Embassy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21665]Dont Taz Me Bro[/MENTION]
[MENTION=28132]Dot Com[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3136]Dr Grump[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46136]dreolin[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41985]drifter[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11855]driveby[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13101]edthecynic[/MENTION]
[MENTION=32620]earlycuyler[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11278]editec[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22295]emilynghiem[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30139]eflatminor[/MENTION]
[MENTION=26011]Ernie S.[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42498]Esmeralda[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21905]FA_Q2[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30473]flacaltenn[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22983]Flopper[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6847]Foxfyre[/MENTION]
[MENTION=29697]freedombecki[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20527]froggy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19867]G.T.[/MENTION]
[MENTION=34052]g5000[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31362]gallantwarrior[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19543]Geaux4it[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30538]Grampa Murked U[/MENTION]
[MENTION=16291]Harry Dresden[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46151]HelenaHandbag[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31153]HenryBHough[/MENTION]
[MENTION=26153]High_Gravity[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4791]hjmick[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15726]Hossfly[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24610]iamwhatiseem[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42714]IlarMeilyr[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5262]Immanuel[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20285]Intense[/MENTION]
[MENTION=38243]irosie91[/MENTION]
[MENTION=27360]Jackson[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION]
[MENTION=40845]Jeremiah[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3135]jillian[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6882]JimH52[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31057]JoeB131[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22214]john[/MENTION]L.Burk
[MENTION=9370]jon_berzek [/MENTION]
[MENTION=25505]Jroc[/MENTION]
[MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20043]JWBooth[/MENTION]
[MENTION=33658]Katzndogz[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46750]Knightfall[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31092]Kooshdakhaa[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31640]koshergrl[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46690]Libertarianman[/MENTION]
[MENTION=36574]Lipush[/MENTION]
[MENTION=32163]Listening[/MENTION]
[MENTION=34695]Locke11_21[/MENTION]
[MENTION=32973]LoneLaugher[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19381]Lonestar_logic[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39846]longknife[/MENTION]
[MENTION=7538]LordBrownTrout[/MENTION]
[MENTION=32558]Luddly Neddite[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11865]Luissa[/MENTION]
[MENTION=45886]Mad_Cabbie[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18755]mal[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39072]mamooth[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20450]MarcATL[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23094]martybegan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22889]Matthew[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION]
[MENTION=17949]Meister[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION]
[MENTION=37709]MHunterB[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11800]Missourian[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20424]Misty[/MENTION]
[MENTION=45791]Mojo2[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19302]Montrovant[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30820]Moonglow[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20594]Mr Clean[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20545]Mr. H.[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11735]Mr. President[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46775]Mudflap[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20102]mudwhistle[/MENTION]
[MENTION=38085]Noomi[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46569]norwegen[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20704]Nosmo King[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41423]NoTeaPartyPleez[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18701]NYcarbineer[/MENTION]
[MENTION=45320]Nyvin[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21524]oldfart[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31215]Oldstyle[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31731]OldUSAFSniper[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23516]Papageorgio[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23262]peach174[/MENTION]
[MENTION=27941]percysunshine[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18988]PixieStix[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]
[MENTION=12394]PoliticalChic[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19507]Political Junky[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43245]Pop23[/MENTION]
[MENTION=33194]PredFan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=45665]protectionist[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23420]Quantum Windbag[/MENTION]
[MENTION=27986]R.D.[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24036]R.C. Christian[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24122]racewright[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41494]RandallFlagg[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23063]Rat in the Hat[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30646]Ravi[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5176]RetiredGySgt[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20321]rightwinger[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43831]RKMBrown[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13245]RoadVirus[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39688]RosieS[/MENTION]
[MENTION=36154]Roudy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41356]S.J.[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21821]Samson[/MENTION]
[MENTION=36253]Sally[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18645]Sarah G[/MENTION]
[MENTION=34679]SayMyName[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24452]Seawytch[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21357]SFC Ollie[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18905]Sherry[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46351]Shrimpbox[/MENTION]
[MENTION=40539]skye[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20241]Soggy in NOLA[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24208]Spoonman[/MENTION]
[MENTION=25837]squeeze berry[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43238]Starlight[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11703]strollingbones[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11674]Sunni Man[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION]
[MENTION=25283]Sallow[/MENTION]
[MENTION=44172]Sweet_Caroline[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23424]syrenn[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24278]Synthaholic[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18909]thanatos144[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31101]theliq[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20452]theDoctorisIn[/MENTION]
[MENTION=28505]The Professor[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39852]TheOldSchool[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39965]TNHarley[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46193]Thx[/MENTION]
[MENTION=25451]tinydancer[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43491]TooTall[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2926]Toro[/MENTION]
[MENTION=27995]Uncensored2008[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31918]Unkotare[/MENTION]
[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]
[MENTION=45104]WelfareQueen[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23239]westwall[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21679]william the wie[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31703]williepete[/MENTION]
[MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30094]Warrior102[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20297]Wry Catcher[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1528]Yurt[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11971]Valerie[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43534]Vikrant[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13669]Zoom-boing[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20497]Zona[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION]
[MENTION=44974]bianco[/MENTION]
[MENTION=27364]polarbear[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20394]rdean[/MENTION]
[MENTION=33994]katsung47[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20204]Kondor3[/MENTION]
[MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23819]MikeK[/MENTION]
[/QUOTE]

If she's 18, they owe her nothing.

Yes, you spend the best years of your life investing in your children, ...then they grow up and it all goes sour.

Big waste of time and money really.

Not always. When I got sick back in 2011 mine were going to take me in, support me, and care for me. I just wouldn't quit my job and go.

It's America which is the most litigating society in the world so yes, it's likely she has a case. Is it a winning case?

:dunno:

Considering this generation of entitlement it's not surprising that she will find support. Also, she's pretty hawt and that ensures a media grab. The daughter decides to move out because her parents are not approving of her hanging around with what they see as a bad influence and then sues for support and her best friends father pays for the case?

Strange, that.

Without some other face to it, no lawyer would take this because they could lose their license for filing a frivolous suit. It adds up to nothing.

Sure if they had a contractual agreement to pay for her school, they should stick to that.
But if they change their minds, they should be able to change the contract by consensus.

The problem here is they don't agree what to change the terms to.

The parents don't agree to pay under the terms she wants.
She is not willing to change the terms to what they want in order for them to pay.
The conflict is mutual.

You can't force people to give unconditionally.
If there are conditions attached, the people need to work those out MUTUALLY.

Lincoln Park teen sues parents, claims she was thrown out of home | NJ.com

YUP! Just as I thought, it was all about the boyfriend!

watch the vid at the link

This sounds like an ideal opportunity to teach a young couple financial independence

WTF? A "young couple?"

BTW any two people can still count as a couple.

if they are NOT dating mutually exclusively
and are NOT that serious, I don't see the issue with letting that interfere with her school.

If they are just casually dating, they could wait until she is done with school if she really has no other way to pay.

Maybe I'm biased: I had to give up visiting my family to work two jobs to pay costs of trying to work out damages done to a historic district where there is no legal help to handle the degree (even gave up the years I could have had kids); because I was the only one willing to pay to support the community recovering from political abuses no one else would touch.

I only get to see my family in other cities or states maybe once a year if I can arrange it, and I have missed watching my nephews grow up while not being able to have kids of my own. I had to face the reality my boyfriend may end up marrying someone else, because these issues have dragged for years without redress of grievances or any compensation.

The damages done to the community were not my fault, but I was the only one willing to help pay until these grievances are redressed, so it landed on me in the meantime.

I figured it was like how Vets go to war and lose their health, minds or even the breadwinner of their families, defending rights and freedoms as worth the sacrifice.

I believe the principles at stake outweighed all else, or I wouldn't have done all this.

So my standard of taking responsibility for defending something from injustice is a bit different from other people. After seeing damage done by this system of not solving problems unless a court orders it, I believe in mediation as the best, inclusive way to protect all interests equally to prevent damage, instead of lawsuits that cost everyone too much, where damage to relationships cannot be undone, and are too easily abused to force an outcome without resolving the root conflict. It is unreal to me what people will spend on lawyers to sue over things that could be easily mediated. Especially compared with the wrongs committed over centuries, abusing taxdollars to destroy national history that is irreplaceable, left unaddressed because the legal system is not equipped to handle that.

It's just hard for me to imagine not trying to mediate what seem to be simple issues, next to extensively complicated cases, covered up by denial, that I've been pushing to mediate.

Sorry if my bias shows here. I'd either make the world's worst, cruelest judge by ordering people to mediate until consensus is reached, and save all their money for the solution.
Or make the most popular judge because everyone's consent would be equally protected and included in the decision or I wouldn't approve a ruling. Mediation and consensus would either be people's worst nightmare or their saving grace, but that's what I believe in.

I have just seen too much damage done, and sick of paying the costs of cleaning up after.

Sure if they had a contractual agreement to pay for her school, they should stick to that.
But if they change their minds, they should be able to change the contract by consensus.

The problem here is they don't agree what to change the terms to.

The parents don't agree to pay under the terms she wants.
She is not willing to change the terms to what they want in order for them to pay.
The conflict is mutual.

You can't force people to give unconditionally.
If there are conditions attached, the people need to work those out MUTUALLY.

WTF? A "young couple?"

BTW any two people can still count as a couple.

if they are NOT dating mutually exclusively
and are NOT that serious, I don't see the issue with letting that interfere with her school.

If they are just casually dating, they could wait until she is done with school if she really has no other way to pay.

Maybe I'm biased: I had to give up visiting my family to work two jobs to pay costs of trying to work out damages done to a historic district where there is no legal help to handle the degree (even gave up the years I could have had kids); because I was the only one willing to pay to support the community recovering from political abuses no one else would touch.

I only get to see my family in other cities or states maybe once a year if I can arrange it, and I have missed watching my nephews grow up while not being able to have kids of my own. I had to face the reality my boyfriend may end up marrying someone else, because these issues have dragged for years without redress of grievances or any compensation.

The damages done to the community were not my fault, but I was the only one willing to help pay until these grievances are redressed, so it landed on me in the meantime.

I figured it was like how Vets go to war and lose their health, minds or even the breadwinner of their families, defending rights and freedoms as worth the sacrifice.

I believe the principles at stake outweighed all else, or I wouldn't have done all this.

So my standard of taking responsibility for defending something from injustice is a bit different from other people. After seeing damage done by this system of not solving problems unless a court orders it, I believe in mediation as the best, inclusive way to protect all interests equally to prevent damage, instead of lawsuits that cost everyone too much, where damage to relationships cannot be undone, and are too easily abused to force an outcome without resolving the root conflict. It is unreal to me what people will spend on lawyers to sue over things that could be easily mediated. Especially compared with the wrongs committed over centuries, abusing taxdollars to destroy national history that is irreplaceable, left unaddressed because the legal system is not equipped to handle that.

It's just hard for me to imagine not trying to mediate what seem to be simple issues, next to extensively complicated cases, covered up by denial, that I've been pushing to mediate.

Sorry if my bias shows here. I'd either make the world's worst, cruelest judge by ordering people to mediate until consensus is reached, and save all their money for the solution.
Or make the most popular judge because everyone's consent would be equally protected and included in the decision or I wouldn't approve a ruling. Mediation and consensus would either be people's worst nightmare or their saving grace, but that's what I believe in.

I have just seen too much damage done, and sick of paying the costs of cleaning up after.

Always appreciate hearing from people with a different life history than my own. I can't say it sways my opinion of the situation, but I do enjoy seeing how people come to their conclusions.

Actually, your post was quite refreshing.

I worked my way through college got a masters
if at all possible every one should have to work to pay for college.
the benefits are your student loans are less and paid off sooner.
the "real life" experience is priceless.
the girl needs an ass kicking...

Last edited:
Here are more indepth stories. FYI, all abuse allegations have been proven false.

According to court documents filed by the defense, children's services authorities investigated Rachel Canning's claims of abuse after she complained to her high school and found no evidence of abuse

NJ Teen Suing Parents Claims Mom Gave Her an Eating Disorder, Dad Got Her Drunk | NBC New York

A lot of information in both articles. She sounds like a kid who is making a bunch of crap up because she did not get her way.

Press Democrat | Mobile | New Jersey teen suing parents to support her (w/video)

Apparently, this came to a head ( her drinking) when her parents had to pick her up from prom where she had been drinking and then was suspended. She was suspended on several occasions.

AIIIIYYYYYY!!!

Y'all do know that EVERY TIME you quote the op, we ALL get mentions in our inbox, dontcha?

TAKE ME OFF!!! Please! No more mentions from mass notices!!!

CaféAuLait;8720639 said:
Here are more indepth stories. FYI, all abuse allegations have been proven false.

According to court documents filed by the defense, children's services authorities investigated Rachel Canning's claims of abuse after she complained to her high school and found no evidence of abuse

NJ Teen Suing Parents Claims Mom Gave Her an Eating Disorder, Dad Got Her Drunk | NBC New York

A lot of information in both articles. She sounds like a kid who is making a bunch of crap up because she did not get her way.

Press Democrat | Mobile | New Jersey teen suing parents to support her (w/video)

Apparently, this came to a head ( her drinking) when her parents had to pick her up from prom where she had been drinking and then was suspended. She was suspended on several occasions.

Sounds like your typical rich hottie who got her way her entire life. She was told no for the first time and she's learning the hard way.

She claims her parents make 250k a year she is demanding 654 dollars a WEEK in child support.

Rachel Canning bulimic: 'Daddy used to get me drunk and kiss me.'

Here is a phone message left to her Mom:

Screen-Shot-2014-03-04-at-3.24.53-PM.png

Nice way to speak to your mom.

The abuse allegations are her father used to kiss her on the cheek.:eek:

BTW @Barb her boyfriends name is Lucas Kitzmiller and he is not Black or Hispanic as you wondered several posts back.

Apparently she also tried to break up her parents, trying to open a dating website in her fathers name to get them to break up and she has stolen their credit cards as well.

'Spoiled' teen Rachel Canning suing parents to support her after she ran away | Mail Online

This chick is out of control.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8720750 said:
She claims her parents make 250k a year she is demanding 654 dollars a WEEK in child support.

BTW @Barb her boyfriends name is Lucas Kitzmiller and he is not Black or Hispanic as you wondered several posts back.

Apparently she also tried to break up her parents, trying to open a dating website in her fathers name to get them to break up.

'Spoiled' teen Rachel Canning suing parents to support her after she ran away | Mail Online

She needs to get a short hair cut and claim her parents are republicans who wouldn't pay for her birth control. That will turn this around.

CaféAuLait;8720750 said:

Apparently she also tried to break up her parents, trying to open a dating website in her fathers name to get them to break up and she has stolen their credit cards as well.

This just gets uglier and uglier.

And do you suppose the attorney knew these things would come out making her look this bad, but still wanted his piece of the pie?

Lincoln Park teen sues parents, claims she was thrown out of home | NJ.com

YUP! Just as I thought, it was all about the boyfriend!

watch the vid at the link

WTF? A "young couple?"

A promise and a contract are two different things. She knew the rules and didn't abide by them. Yay for her parents. Your parents' home is not a democracy.

CaféAuLait;8720750 said:

Looks like she's trying to blackmail them.

Just so thankful to have the children I have.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8720750 said:

This just gets uglier and uglier.

And do you suppose the attorney knew these things would come out making her look this bad, but still wanted his piece of the pie?

Honestly, I think Dad was right when he said " they are misguided". BUT I am not defending the attorney. I think he was wrong to tell her to sue and then support it. He should have realized this was a kid who had issues.

It just seems to me that a parent and an 18 year old child should be able to work things out without lawsuits

The girl seems to be a decent kid. Good grades and good prospects. But she is 18 and 18 year olds are stupid as all hell.

Mark Twain said: When I was 18, I thought my father was the stupidest man on earth. By the time I was 21, I was amazed at how much he had learned in three years

It would be a shame if a permanent rift between this girl and her family comes of this

Forum List

Back