Teen Sues Parents for Cash and College Tuition. Does She Have a Case?

CaféAuLait;8721329 said:
'Spoiled' teen Rachel Canning suing parents to support her after she ran away | Mail Online

There are other allegations of theft as well. However, I don't think your initial comment condones this behavior. The fact she supposedly tried to set up a dating website to break her parents up is a lot worse than the petty theft IMO.

Thanks for the link.....first I've seen of that part of the story

My point is that 18 year olds are stupid as hell. As a parent it hurts me to see children permanently break from their parents

I don't see anything she has done that is unforgiveable

Whereas, if the father really did sexually abuse her, that is unforgivable. Not that its necessarily germane to the court case.

But he did not, investigations by DCFS and the police proved his daughter was lying. Not to mention, she claimed the "sexual abuse" was his kissing her on her cheek and saying when they went to a wedding together, "she was his date that evening'.

CaféAuLait;8721465 said:
'Spoiled' teen Rachel Canning suing parents to support her after she ran away | Mail Online

Thanks for the link.....first I've seen of that part of the story

My point is that 18 year olds are stupid as hell. As a parent it hurts me to see children permanently break from their parents

I don't see anything she has done that is unforgiveable

Neither do I. I predict her parents will forgive and embrace her as soon as she is ready. It's in her hands

A New Jersey teenager claiming that her mother and father tossed her out of their home and cut her off financially is suing them for immediate support, current private-school fees and future college tuition. The parents, meanwhile, say that daughter Rachel Canning, 18, moved out voluntarily after refusing to abide by their rules.

“We love our child and miss her. This is terrible. It’s killing me and my wife,” Rachel's father, Sean Canning, a town administrator and retired police officer, tells the Daily Record. “We have a child we want home. We’re not Draconian and now we’re getting hauled into court. She’s demanding that we pay her bills but she doesn’t want to live at home, and she’s saying, ‘I don’t want to live under your rules.’” The rules, he notes, include reconsidering her relationship with a boyfriend who may be a bad influence, being respectful, and abiding by her curfew. He and his wife, Elizabeth, who live in suburban Lincoln Park, about 25 miles outside of New York City, have kept their daughter’s car because they paid for it, says Canning, and he admits that they did stop paying Rachel's tuition at the private Morris Catholic High School. A hearing is scheduled to take place on Tuesday in the Morris County Superior Court.

Teen Sues Parents for Cash, College Tuition. Does She Have a Case?

I think this young woman is in the wrong, because she refused to abide by her parents' rules while living in their home. What do you guys think of this situation?

[MENTION=1322]007[/MENTION]
[MENTION=37250]aaronleland[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11763]ABikerSailor[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13805]Againsheila[/MENTION]
[MENTION=28109]Amelia[/MENTION]
[MENTION=40495]AngelsNDemons[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43537]Anitabeme[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19762]asaratis[/MENTION]
[MENTION=44774]Asclepias[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24388]asterism[/MENTION]
[MENTION=854]Avatar4321[/MENTION]
[MENTION=9429]AVG-JOE[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43888]AyeCantSeeYou[/MENTION]
[MENTION=40891]AzMike[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18990]Barb[/MENTION]
[MENTION=17136]bayoubill[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19441]Big Black Dog[/MENTION]
[MENTION=44336]birddog[/MENTION]
[MENTION=36422]blackhawk[/MENTION]
[MENTION=45717]BlackSand[/MENTION]
[MENTION=25197]BlindBoo[/MENTION]
[MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION]
[MENTION=44536]BobPlumb[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20112]bodecea[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4301]boedicca[/MENTION]
[MENTION=33449]BreezeWood[/MENTION]
@C_Clay_ Jones
[MENTION=13580]CaféAuLait[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20614]candycorn[/MENTION]
[MENTION=35495]Capstone[/MENTION]
[MENTION=14617]Cecilie1200[/MENTION]
[MENTION=25032]ClosedCaption[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION]
[MENTION=40540]Connery[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19448]CrusaderFrank[/MENTION]
[MENTION=38146]Dajjal[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19727]Darkwind[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30999]daws101[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23991]daveman[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46449]Delta4Embassy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21665]Dont Taz Me Bro[/MENTION]
[MENTION=28132]Dot Com[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3136]Dr Grump[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46136]dreolin[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41985]drifter[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11855]driveby[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13101]edthecynic[/MENTION]
[MENTION=32620]earlycuyler[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11278]editec[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22295]emilynghiem[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30139]eflatminor[/MENTION]
[MENTION=26011]Ernie S.[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42498]Esmeralda[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21905]FA_Q2[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30473]flacaltenn[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22983]Flopper[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6847]Foxfyre[/MENTION]
[MENTION=29697]freedombecki[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20527]froggy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19867]G.T.[/MENTION]
[MENTION=34052]g5000[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31362]gallantwarrior[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19543]Geaux4it[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30538]Grampa Murked U[/MENTION]
[MENTION=16291]Harry Dresden[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46151]HelenaHandbag[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31153]HenryBHough[/MENTION]
[MENTION=26153]High_Gravity[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4791]hjmick[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15726]Hossfly[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24610]iamwhatiseem[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42714]IlarMeilyr[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5262]Immanuel[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20285]Intense[/MENTION]
[MENTION=38243]irosie91[/MENTION]
[MENTION=27360]Jackson[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION]
[MENTION=40845]Jeremiah[/MENTION]
[MENTION=3135]jillian[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6882]JimH52[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31057]JoeB131[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22214]john[/MENTION]L.Burk
[MENTION=9370]jon_berzek [/MENTION]
[MENTION=25505]Jroc[/MENTION]
[MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20043]JWBooth[/MENTION]
[MENTION=33658]Katzndogz[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46750]Knightfall[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31092]Kooshdakhaa[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31640]koshergrl[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46690]Libertarianman[/MENTION]
[MENTION=36574]Lipush[/MENTION]
[MENTION=32163]Listening[/MENTION]
[MENTION=34695]Locke11_21[/MENTION]
[MENTION=32973]LoneLaugher[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19381]Lonestar_logic[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39846]longknife[/MENTION]
[MENTION=7538]LordBrownTrout[/MENTION]
[MENTION=32558]Luddly Neddite[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11865]Luissa[/MENTION]
[MENTION=45886]Mad_Cabbie[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18755]mal[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39072]mamooth[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20450]MarcATL[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23094]martybegan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=22889]Matthew[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION]
[MENTION=17949]Meister[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION]
[MENTION=37709]MHunterB[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11800]Missourian[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20424]Misty[/MENTION]
[MENTION=45791]Mojo2[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19302]Montrovant[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30820]Moonglow[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20594]Mr Clean[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20545]Mr. H.[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11735]Mr. President[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46775]Mudflap[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20102]mudwhistle[/MENTION]
[MENTION=38085]Noomi[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46569]norwegen[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20704]Nosmo King[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41423]NoTeaPartyPleez[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18701]NYcarbineer[/MENTION]
[MENTION=45320]Nyvin[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21524]oldfart[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31215]Oldstyle[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31731]OldUSAFSniper[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23516]Papageorgio[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23262]peach174[/MENTION]
[MENTION=27941]percysunshine[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18988]PixieStix[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]
[MENTION=12394]PoliticalChic[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19507]Political Junky[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43245]Pop23[/MENTION]
[MENTION=33194]PredFan[/MENTION]
[MENTION=45665]protectionist[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23420]Quantum Windbag[/MENTION]
[MENTION=27986]R.D.[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24036]R.C. Christian[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24122]racewright[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41494]RandallFlagg[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23063]Rat in the Hat[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30646]Ravi[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5176]RetiredGySgt[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20321]rightwinger[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43831]RKMBrown[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13245]RoadVirus[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39688]RosieS[/MENTION]
[MENTION=36154]Roudy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41356]S.J.[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21821]Samson[/MENTION]
[MENTION=36253]Sally[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18645]Sarah G[/MENTION]
[MENTION=34679]SayMyName[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24452]Seawytch[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21357]SFC Ollie[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18905]Sherry[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46351]Shrimpbox[/MENTION]
[MENTION=40539]skye[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20241]Soggy in NOLA[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24208]Spoonman[/MENTION]
[MENTION=25837]squeeze berry[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43238]Starlight[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11703]strollingbones[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11674]Sunni Man[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21954]Sunshine[/MENTION]
[MENTION=25283]Sallow[/MENTION]
[MENTION=44172]Sweet_Caroline[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23424]syrenn[/MENTION]
[MENTION=24278]Synthaholic[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18909]thanatos144[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31101]theliq[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20452]theDoctorisIn[/MENTION]
[MENTION=28505]The Professor[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39852]TheOldSchool[/MENTION]
[MENTION=39965]TNHarley[/MENTION]
[MENTION=46193]Thx[/MENTION]
[MENTION=25451]tinydancer[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43491]TooTall[/MENTION]
[MENTION=2926]Toro[/MENTION]
[MENTION=27995]Uncensored2008[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31918]Unkotare[/MENTION]
[MENTION=44124]Wake[/MENTION]
[MENTION=45104]WelfareQueen[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23239]westwall[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21679]william the wie[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31703]williepete[/MENTION]
[MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION]
[MENTION=30094]Warrior102[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20297]Wry Catcher[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1528]Yurt[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11971]Valerie[/MENTION]
[MENTION=43534]Vikrant[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13669]Zoom-boing[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20497]Zona[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION]
[MENTION=44974]bianco[/MENTION]
[MENTION=27364]polarbear[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20394]rdean[/MENTION]
[MENTION=33994]katsung47[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20204]Kondor3[/MENTION]
[MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23819]MikeK[/MENTION]
[/QUOTE] I think this is proof of what a selfish spoiled country we have became....

I have a question where is this kid getting the money to pay her attorney?

From the attorney she moved in with (not her boyfriend BTW).

Judge ruled against her today and said he would not make her parents pay her claimed 13 grand in attorney fees now, nor would they have to pay for her private school either. The ruling on college was deferred until April 22. The judge asked them to come to a joint decision before he made another ruling.

Yes, she is the asshole. If you want money from someone its usually a good idea not to piss them off.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

Oh, the fucking irony.

and your point is?

My quote is about GOVERNMENT telling you what to do, not a ban on parents (a private entity) requiring compliance from an ADULT CHILD (another private entity) over an agreement (in this case paying for college).

My parents paid for part of my college, and it came with rules, the most important one being is if I lost my partial scholarship, they would not be making up the difference (my father added the threat of dragging me by my neck to a recruiting office and giving me 4 choices, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines).

The only rules attached to continuing education should be continuing and consistent good grades. She achieved high honors and earned a scholarship that would contribute $20,000.00 a year towards her university costs.That's a pretty solid fucking start.

At what point should parents take a step back from micromanaging young adult lives and start allowing them to learn to be in control themselves? We aren't HERE to keep them under our thumbs forever. We're supposed to let them make and learn from their mistakes from the safety of their parent's homes, and if we do our jobs right, we should have provided the wings to fly away from us, rendering our jobs obsolete.

and this

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

DIRECTLY addresses that.

I would sell vital organs to be able to afford to give my own the solid ground these "parents" could easily afford their daughter, and I would do it with no other "conditions" than that they continue to do their best to be happy, healthy, productive adults. But then, I trust my kids, and I trust that listening to them, allowing them to work through things and think for themselves gave them the skills they needed to handle the bumps in the road once I wasn't immediately available.

A little something from Rachel's atty:

Rachel’s attorney Tanya Hefland hit back, saying: ‘They more than have the ability to pay. In the four months she has been with the Inglesino’s they have not called her, they have not offered a penny to her benefactors.
‘Any normal parent would be so embarrassed… they would reach out to the Inglesino’s to sort this situation out.
‘Mr Inglesino reached out twice to try to sort this out father to father and Mr Canning wasn’t interested.
‘They wanted her to move, they wanted her to fail, they wanted her out of that school. They didn’t care, they were more interested in saving their $6,000.
‘They have failed, they are not interested and it is abundantly clear. They call themselves loving parents… but paint the most disgusting image of their daughter. This is a pretty good kid in my opinion, but all they can do is bad mouth their child.’

She added: ‘They met her boyfriend for five minutes and immediately disliked him. When she was at her worst they went to Vegas leaving two minor’s in her care.
‘It is irrelevant who is at fault. When families have the ability to pay they should pay. Our tax dollars should not be used.’
When asked why she didn’t go home, she replied: ‘Because it is an abusive relationship.’

Everyone here quotes her parent's as if whatever they accuse her of is gospel. I have my doubts.

Last edited:
"Why can't she go home?" the New Jersey family court judge asked.

"Her home life is an "abusive unhealthy situation," the teen's attorney, Tanya Helfand, replied.

I'd love to know more. I mean, I read Mommie Dearest and couldn't figure out what Christina was bitching about. My home life was sheer unmitigated hell. I did run away from home once, but the parents where I landed called my folks because 'she knew how worried they would be.'

Yeah. Worried. Worst beating of my life, and that's saying a lot. But I digress.

I'd like to know what she was up against in the quoted bit.

"Why can't she go home?" the New Jersey family court judge asked.

"Her home life is an "abusive unhealthy situation," the teen's attorney, Tanya Helfand, replied.

I'd love to know more. I mean, I read Mommie Dearest and couldn't figure out what Christina was bitching about. My home life was sheer unmitigated hell. I did run away from home once, but the parents where I landed called my folks because 'she knew how worried they would be.'

Yeah. Worried. Worst beating of my life, and that's saying a lot. But I digress.

I'd like to know what she was up against in the quoted bit.

Read the articles, she lied. She claimed sexual abuse ( being kissed on the cheek by her dad) and emotional abuse, both found to be unfounded by SWS. She tried to break up her parents by starting a dating profile in her fathers name, she stole from them, was suspended at least twice for drinking on school property with the boyfriend her parents did not like.

She has told a lot of lies. There are messages on the phone from her to her mother where she wishes "she could shit on her mothers face" because her mother deserves it, since her mom looks like shit, amongst other vile messages. There are emails between her and her parents, where she is asked to come home and attend counseling and she refuses because her parents don't want her around the boy she has been suspended twice from school with. Not say the parents were perfect, but her lies and exaggeration a caught up with her. Hopefully the family can heal, she hurt her younger sisters as well.

The links are a few pages back.

CaféAuLait;8720639 said:
Here are more indepth stories. FYI, all abuse allegations have been proven false.

According to court documents filed by the defense, children's services authorities investigated Rachel Canning's claims of abuse after she complained to her high school and found no evidence of abuse

NJ Teen Suing Parents Claims Mom Gave Her an Eating Disorder, Dad Got Her Drunk | NBC New York

A lot of information in both articles. She sounds like a kid who is making a bunch of crap up because she did not get her way.

Press Democrat | Mobile | New Jersey teen suing parents to support her (w/video)

Apparently, this came to a head ( her drinking) when her parents had to pick her up from prom where she had been drinking and then was suspended. She was suspended on several occasions.

How could they have picked her up when they were drunk in Vegas? Their action, Rachel's sobriety were documented by a teacher:

Rachel then went on to reference an incident at her Homecoming dance, where she was accused of being drunk.
She said: ‘I was found not to be intoxicated. To be readmitted to the dance, I was required to call my mother in the presence of Kathleen Smith, a teacher at Morris Catholic School.
‘My mother who was In Las Vegas for the week with my father, first hung up…. When I called my parents back again, she and my father were screaming obscenities at me.
‘The teacher heard it in speaker phone…. DCP&P was called by my school when I complained of my parent’s behaviour. My parents, to retaliate, refused to pay my high school tuition and have continued to do so, as well as cutting me off financially.

Oh, the fucking irony.

and your point is?

My quote is about GOVERNMENT telling you what to do, not a ban on parents (a private entity) requiring compliance from an ADULT CHILD (another private entity) over an agreement (in this case paying for college).

My parents paid for part of my college, and it came with rules, the most important one being is if I lost my partial scholarship, they would not be making up the difference (my father added the threat of dragging me by my neck to a recruiting office and giving me 4 choices, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines).

The only rules attached to continuing education should be continuing and consistent good grades. She achieved high honors and earned a scholarship that would contribute $20,000.00 a year towards her university costs.That's a pretty solid fucking start.

At what point should parents take a step back from micromanaging young adult lives and start allowing them to learn to be in control themselves? We aren't HERE to keep them under our thumbs forever. We're supposed to let them make and learn from their mistakes from the safety of their parent's homes, and if we do our jobs right, we should have provided the wings to fly away from us, rendering our jobs obsolete.

and this

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

DIRECTLY addresses that.

I would sell vital organs to be able to afford to give my own the solid ground these "parents" could easily afford their daughter, and I would do it with no other "conditions" than that they continue to do their best to be happy, healthy, productive adults. But then, I trust my kids, and I trust that listening to them, allowing them to work through things and think for themselves gave them the skills they needed to handle the bumps in the road once I wasn't immediately available.

A little something from Rachel's atty:

Rachel’s attorney Tanya Hefland hit back, saying: ‘They more than have the ability to pay. In the four months she has been with the Inglesino’s they have not called her, they have not offered a penny to her benefactors.
‘Any normal parent would be so embarrassed… they would reach out to the Inglesino’s to sort this situation out.
‘Mr Inglesino reached out twice to try to sort this out father to father and Mr Canning wasn’t interested.
‘They wanted her to move, they wanted her to fail, they wanted her out of that school. They didn’t care, they were more interested in saving their $6,000.
‘They have failed, they are not interested and it is abundantly clear. They call themselves loving parents… but paint the most disgusting image of their daughter. This is a pretty good kid in my opinion, but all they can do is bad mouth their child.’

She added: ‘They met her boyfriend for five minutes and immediately disliked him. When she was at her worst they went to Vegas leaving two minor’s in her care.
‘It is irrelevant who is at fault. When families have the ability to pay they should pay. Our tax dollars should not be used.’
When asked why she didn’t go home, she replied: ‘Because it is an abusive relationship.’

Everyone here quotes her parent's as if whatever they accuse her of is gospel. I have my doubts.

Did you read the evidence, the emails a few pages back, the horrid phone messages as well? Where she is asked to go to counseling by her parents and told she could come home as long as she is respectful and attends counseling and stops seeing the boy she has gotten into trouble with? She refused to come back home, two weeks into the ordeal. Not to mention the judge said the parents had been paying the family she was living with. All links are several pages back, not to mention this shows they had contact, telephonic and email when the attorney states otherwise. Attorneys are full of it sometimes.

Tough shit on her. She's 18 and living on her own. She should either deal with her own obligations or abide by her parents' wishes.

She's not living on her own. She's living with her lawyer and his daughter, who is her friend.

CaféAuLait;8720639 said:
Here are more indepth stories. FYI, all abuse allegations have been proven false.

According to court documents filed by the defense, children's services authorities investigated Rachel Canning's claims of abuse after she complained to her high school and found no evidence of abuse

NJ Teen Suing Parents Claims Mom Gave Her an Eating Disorder, Dad Got Her Drunk | NBC New York

A lot of information in both articles. She sounds like a kid who is making a bunch of crap up because she did not get her way.

Press Democrat | Mobile | New Jersey teen suing parents to support her (w/video)

Apparently, this came to a head ( her drinking) when her parents had to pick her up from prom where she had been drinking and then was suspended. She was suspended on several occasions.

How could they have picked her up when they were drunk in Vegas? Their action, Rachel's sobriety were documented by a teacher:

Rachel then went on to reference an incident at her Homecoming dance, where she was accused of being drunk.
She said: ‘I was found not to be intoxicated. To be readmitted to the dance, I was required to call my mother in the presence of Kathleen Smith, a teacher at Morris Catholic School.
‘My mother who was In Las Vegas for the week with my father, first hung up…. When I called my parents back again, she and my father were screaming obscenities at me.
‘The teacher heard it in speaker phone…. DCP&P was called by my school when I complained of my parent’s behaviour. My parents, to retaliate, refused to pay my high school tuition and have continued to do so, as well as cutting me off financially.

I probably should have said "they were called to pick her up". Perhaps you should keep reading, you'll get to the nasty phone calls and the emails as well. I don't believe much of what she says TBH. The emails between her and her parents and the phone messages, along with the SWS investigation finding no abuse, points to her being full of it..

Of course there are family tensions, I think this girl has exaggerated issues and tried to paint her family as something far beyond what it was.

CaféAuLait;8720750 said:
She claims her parents make 250k a year she is demanding 654 dollars a WEEK in child support.

Rachel Canning bulimic: 'Daddy used to get me drunk and kiss me.'

Here is a phone message left to her Mom:

Screen-Shot-2014-03-04-at-3.24.53-PM.png

Nice way to speak to your mom.

The abuse allegations are her father used to kiss her on the cheek.:eek:

BTW @Barb her boyfriends name is Lucas Kitzmiller and he is not Black or Hispanic as you wondered several posts back.

Apparently she also tried to break up her parents, trying to open a dating website in her fathers name to get them to break up and she has stolen their credit cards as well.

This chick is out of control.

Wonder why they hated him on sight then?

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...-against-parents-gets-international-attention

Lisa Kitzmiller swore in her certification that she and her son before the fall-out were on Facetime with Rachel when her father Sean entered her room.

“My recollection was he said ‘Congratulations. You are turning 18 and there are two things you have yet to do: get pregnant or do drugs to the best of my knowledge. You will not be able to see the scumbag or the scumbag’s family anymore.’’’ Kitzmiller wrote that she believes Sean Canning was referring to her son.

Nice way to speak to your very accomplished daughter. As to her message to her mother, that sort of rage does not spring from a vacuum.

CaféAuLait;8720750 said:
She claims her parents make 250k a year she is demanding 654 dollars a WEEK in child support.

BTW @Barb her boyfriends name is Lucas Kitzmiller and he is not Black or Hispanic as you wondered several posts back.

Apparently she also tried to break up her parents, trying to open a dating website in her fathers name to get them to break up and she has stolen their credit cards as well.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...-against-parents-gets-international-attention

Lisa Kitzmiller swore in her certification that she and her son before the fall-out were on Facetime with Rachel when her father Sean entered her room.

“My recollection was he said ‘Congratulations. You are turning 18 and there are two things you have yet to do: get pregnant or do drugs to the best of my knowledge. You will not be able to see the scumbag or the scumbag’s family anymore.’’’ Kitzmiller wrote that she believes Sean Canning was referring to her son.

Nice way to speak to your very accomplished daughter. As to her message to her mother, that sort of rage does not spring from a vacuum.

I'm unsure how you get "hated him on sight", why do you say that? It says before the falling out... and that is coming from his mother, someone whom her parents have said has no control of her son and lets him do anything. Of course she is going to be upset at them...

Children don't need a reason to be hateful, some just are spoiled and hateful. The judge found she has had serious issues with her personal life and she had gone down the wrong path in the past several years. It does not make it the parents fault. Kids can become hooked up with the wrong crowd.

Last edited:
No. No parents are exempt from owning their own because 'she went apeshit.' She is not operating in a vacuum. I see her as stated, a spoiled brat. So if nothing else, they are responsible for that. But I don't think her accusations are completely without merit.

The perpetrator in our household passed a lie detector test, ffs.

No. No parents are exempt from owning their own because 'she went apeshit.' She is not operating in a vacuum. I see her as stated, a spoiled brat. So if nothing else, they are responsible for that. But I don't think her accusations are completely without merit.

You know her basic allegation was he kissed her on the cheek ( sexual abuse) and said "she was his date" when they attended a wedding without her mom. I've seen dads do that, "okay you're my date tonight"! I think she twisted much of this given other facts because she was pissed they no longer wanted her to see that boy.

Of course the parents may have had a hand in her being spoiled rotten, but the changes occurred with her drinking at school and being suspended twice after she started dating her boyfriend.. I think that is what I meant by being hooked up with the wrong crowd.

CaféAuLait;8722768 said:

You know her basic allegation was he kissed her on the cheek ( sexual abuse) and said "she was his date" when they attended a wedding without her mom. I've seen dads do that, "okay you're my date tonight"! I think she twisted much of this given other facts because she was pissed they no longer wanted her to see that boy.

Of course the parents may have had a hand in her being spoiled rotten, but the changes occurred with her drinking at school and being suspended twice after she started dating her boyfriend.. I think that is what I meant by being hooked up with the wrong crowd.

And again, as one daughter among four, all of whom were molested - our molester passed a lie detector test.

What you are seeing and hearing is in no wise the entire picture of what happens in that house. The only people who know aren't necessarily speaking the whole truth, or even part of it.

They know what happened, and they are the only ones who do know.

Might I ask why you are so invested in demonizing the daughter?

CaféAuLait;8722761 said:
CaféAuLait;8720750 said:

I'm unsure how you get "hated him on sight", why do you say that? It says before the falling out... and that is coming from his mother, someone whom her parents have said has no control of her son and lets him do anything. Of course she is going to be upset at them...

Children don't need a reason to be hateful, some just are spoiled and hateful. The judge found she has had serious issues with her personal life and she had gone down the wrong path in the past several years. It does not make it the parents fault. Kids can become hooked up with the wrong crowd.

She added: ‘They met her boyfriend for five minutes and immediately disliked him.

The falling out was in large part do to the fact that they insisted that she dump him.

He's a solid B student and athlete. I'm pretty sure the athletics department in a Catholic school has some pretty stringent rules as to participation.

And the judge didn't "find" anything, he, as most others here, are taking the parent's word against the girl.

CaféAuLait;8722768 said:

And again, as one daughter among four, all of whom were molested - our molester passed a lie detector test.

What you are seeing and hearing is in no wise the entire picture of what happens in that house. The only people who know aren't necessarily speaking the whole truth, or even part of it.

They know what happened, and they are the only ones who do know.

Might I ask why you are so invested in demonizing the daughter?

I've seen you speak of your past before Boop, and I'm sorry this happened to you, truly I am. I know where you've been. :smiliehug: I do believe because people have had pasts such as ours we are quicker to say it must be the truth and not weigh all the facts presented, in many a case. This is not an attack in any way upon you at all. It's just harder to see the Forrest for the trees is all.

I weighed both sides, emails between parents ( which BTW were provided by the daughter to demonize her parents, in fact they do the opposite IMO). The facts she presented do not make sense. If she lived in such an environment, she would not be begging to come home IMO ( of course there are mitigating circumstances in many a case) as she did. and when told she could come home as long as she received counseling and if she showed respect, for her mom, sisters and stopped seeing the boy her parents thought was a bad influence, she was welcome but then she refused to do so for the very reason the parents claimed.

I worked as a victim advocate for years, I've seen both sides of the coin, those who will lie to get their way with unfounded accusations and those who have truly been victimized. sometimes there are clues about those who wish to lie to get their way. IMO this girl is acting indicative of someone who is throwing a tantrum and making up lies.

The parents are not without fault I'm sure. But I don't believe they are what she has claimed.

Last edited:
And I don't believe her accusations are baseless. Stalemate is fine with me. :thup:

Forum List

Back