Teenager won't apologize to Kansas governor for tweet

I find it curious that they quoted Sherriene Jones-Sontag, the governor’s spokeswoman as it pertains to the governors response to a sit down dialogue with the young girl........

But there was no name offered as to the person who allegedly contacted the principals office.

A teenage girl won't have to apologize for a negative tweet about the Kansas governor after she garnered support from around the country.

Emma Sullivan, a senior at Shawnee Mission East High School in Prairie Village, Kan., made national news when she said she was called to the principal's office last week after he received a call from an irate communications director for Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback.

The governor's office was upset because Sullivan, 18, had tweeted, "Just made mean comments at gov. brownback and told him he sucked, in person, #heblowsalot."

Her Twitter account at the time had 60 followers, and mostly updates about normal teenage girl topics, such as the new “Twilight” movie.

Emma Sullivan won

The only other person wrong here is the wimpy principle.

I wouldn't call it a person, but indeed the wimpy principle that says all partisan nutters must get their panties in a twist anytime one of their guys is criticized is extremely wrong, as far as principles go.

I wonder if Gov. Brownback agrees with Willow that this girl is a whore?

If elected officials have the right to childishly criticize Americans, then I see it appropriate the other way around.
The speaker of the house at the time, criticized the Tea Paryers by referringt to them as an astroturf movement.

Which of course it was.
Which, of course, shows us where YOUR thinking comes from.
Learn to think on your own. You will find that others will see you more interesting and you would find it less important to use an avatar that gives off a "bolder" impression.

Have a Koch and a smile?

A teenage girl won't have to apologize for a negative tweet about the Kansas governor after she garnered support from around the country.

Emma Sullivan, a senior at Shawnee Mission East High School in Prairie Village, Kan., made national news when she said she was called to the principal's office last week after he received a call from an irate communications director for Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback.

The governor's office was upset because Sullivan, 18, had tweeted, "Just made mean comments at gov. brownback and told him he sucked, in person, #heblowsalot."

Her Twitter account at the time had 60 followers, and mostly updates about normal teenage girl topics, such as the new “Twilight” movie.

Emma Sullivan won

I assume you see the principal as overstepping his boundaries as it pertains to his role as an educator?

I have yety to see any proof that the Goivernor or his staff insisted on an apology....just the words of a politico reporter..

But if the governor wanted to stifle the free speech of an American? Shame!

Which of course it was.
Learn to think on your own. You will find that others will see you more interesting and you would find it less important to use an avatar that gives off a "bolder" impression.

Have a Koch and a smile?

Yeah...yeah....OK.

That pretty much solidifies the point I was making.

I find it curious that they quoted Sherriene Jones-Sontag, the governor’s spokeswoman as it pertains to the governors response to a sit down dialogue with the young girl........

But there was no name offered as to the person who allegedly contacted the principals office.

Do you think that person does not want to be the one identified as the person who is bringing Brownhole down?

Emma Sullivan won

I assume you see the principal as overstepping his boundaries as it pertains to his role as an educator?

I have yety to see any proof that the Goivernor or his staff insisted on an apology....just the words of a politico reporter..

brownback is already apologizing for the over reation of "his staff".....

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...en-wont-apologize-to-gov-her-following-soars/

Emma Sullivan won

I don't care who did what or how or why.

That Brownback and/or his staff had a fit over what a teenage girl said to her friends is unbelievably funny.

Do you think that person does not want to be the one identified as the person who is bringing Brownhole down?

1) Not sure what you mean by that...if he/she did it, it is public record.
2) Name calling the governor as you did is childish...albeit within your rights as an American.

But I have the right to judge you....it was childsih and speaks volumes about you.

Emma Sullivan won

That Brownback and/or his staff had a fit over what a teenage girl said to her friends is unbelievably funny.

So lets see....

What is proven and admitted...the fact that a Principal tried to stifle a students free speech..... means nothing to you.

What is alleged and curiously not proven with a name....that the governor and his staff were upset about it....THAT you want to talk about.

Got it.

Have a Koch and a smile?
Solid evidence that you defer your thinking to others.

:thup:

Internal Romney campaign memo: The Koch brothers are the “financial engine of the Tea Party…”

Americans for Prosperity is led by billionaire Republican donor David Koch, whose endorsement Romney seeks. An Oct. 4 internal Romney campaign memo obtained by The Washington Examiner describes Koch as the “financial engine of the Tea Party”

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDIQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fthepoliticalcarnival.net%2F2011%2F11%2F03%2Finternal-romney-campaign-memo-the-koch-brothers-are-the-financial-engine-of-the-tea-party%2F&ei=ONfTTqKIJo6msAKNoaCMDg&usg=AFQjCNGVo_Mysl98MhCNN7W1uvQ1DLNp_Q&sig2=46XOSfONusNWKN8aewPGgg

Do you need links to Cain saying the Koch's are his brothers from another mother?

Have a Koch and a smile?

Internal Romney campaign memo: The Koch brothers are the “financial engine of the Tea Party…”

Americans for Prosperity is led by billionaire Republican donor David Koch, whose endorsement Romney seeks. An Oct. 4 internal Romney campaign memo obtained by The Washington Examiner describes Koch as the “financial engine of the Tea Party”

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDIQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fthepoliticalcarnival.net%2F2011%2F11%2F03%2Finternal-romney-campaign-memo-the-koch-brothers-are-the-financial-engine-of-the-tea-party%2F&ei=ONfTTqKIJo6msAKNoaCMDg&usg=AFQjCNGVo_Mysl98MhCNN7W1uvQ1DLNp_Q&sig2=46XOSfONusNWKN8aewPGgg

Do you need links to Cain saying the Koch's are his brothers from another mother?
Which does two things in support of the astroturf claim - jack and shit.

Congrats on your parroting skills, though.

Have a Koch and a smile?

lol....people like you keep blogs alive and well.

So lets see....

What is proven and admitted...the fact that a Principal tried to stifle a students free speech..... means nothing to you.

What is alleged and curiously not proven with a name....that the governor and his staff were upset about it....THAT you want to talk about.

Got it.

“My staff over-reacted to this tweet, and for that I apologize. Freedom of speech is among our most treasured freedoms,” Brownback said in a statement.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...en-wont-apologize-to-gov-her-following-soars/

So lets see....

Got it.
:eusa_shhh: There is no freedom of speech on a school sponsored field trip. That the principal now claims he won't violate her freedom of speech by making her write an apology is just his own stupidity.

And yes, Brownback's office has admitted to whining.

So lets see....

Got it.
:eusa_shhh: There is no freedom of speech on a school sponsored field trip. That the principal now claims he won't violate her freedom of speech by making her write an apology is just his own stupidity.

And yes, Brownback's office has admitted to whining.

you seem to frequently and pathetically make things up in when you debate on here.

You are a farce in my eyes.

Emma Sullivan won

brownback is already apologizing for the over reation of "his staff".....

Good for him. ;)

So lets see....

Got it.

“My staff over-reacted to this tweet, and for that I apologize. Freedom of speech is among our most treasured freedoms,” Brownback said in a statement.

As he should :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back