Teenager won't apologize to Kansas governor for tweet

I know that if I were speaking somewhere and I became aware of someone lying about what happened, I would say something to the people she represented, irrespective of whether it was a political event or not.

That's just me.

More to the point on this, the school is likely pressuring this kid to apologize because they do not want their educational program to have a black eye as lying in social media whenever they attend a political event. This might preclude them from being invited to future political events and hinder education.

So, I can completely understand why the principal does not want this kid to ruin future learning opportunities.

Undeniably complex thinking going on here. You think that is "likely" the case, do ya?
Yup.

Unlike so many on the left, I am on the side of education. This liar will ruin access for others interested in a real-life lesson.

She should at least be kicked out of the program so she doesn't ruin it for other students. Access is important for this type of program and I imagine they expect a certain type of conduct from the students participating in the program.

I doubt lying on social media about an event is acceptable conduct for that program.

whatever floats your liberal boat.. she said what she said and now she can suck up the blow back.. harsh being a whore innit?

Oh my god Willow, what is wrong with you? Why would you speak like that to someone? It's so rude and disrespectful and makes you a whore to use those words.

It used to amaze me how quickly and easily those kinds of words get used in Willow's posts. Now, I've just come to expect them. It's what she does well. It's what she's comfortable with.

She's a whore because she criticized a Republican?

Damn, you get more insane by the day.

Settle down miss prissy pants. :rolleyes:

WillowTreee only called her a whore afterall, that's nothing to get upset about. I mean, it's not like she called her gay or anything, because that would be WAY over the line and we all know that WT has standards. :thup:

:lol:

What's interesting is that Willow could actually be sued for slander for claiming this girl is a whore.

Libel actually and unless the girl could show that she suffered a financial loss as a result of WT's comments it would be a pretty quick trial.

Emma rocks.

It's about time someone stood up to the pro child abuse Brownback.

I'm afraid I'll have to take the opposing view on this one.

Yes, a voter has the right to critisize a politician but there is a right way and wrong way to do that. First of all what she "tweeted" (whatever the hell that is) was a lie. She never openly spoke to him as she alluded to. Second, if she had that would have been enormously disrespectful. My daughters have been raised to respect their elders. And that girl should be able to express her opinion without telling some older than her that "You suck". I would have raised holy hell with either of my daughters had they done that and forced them to apologize.

If elected officials have the right to childishly criticize Americans, then I see it appropriate the other way around.
The speaker of the house at the time, criticized the Tea Paryers by referringt to them as an astroturf movement.

Yes, a voter has the right to critisize a politician but there is a right way and wrong way to do that. First of all what she "tweeted" (whatever the hell that is) was a lie. She never openly spoke to him as she alluded to. Second, if she had that would have been enormously disrespectful. My daughters have been raised to respect their elders. And that girl should be able to express her opinion without telling some older than her that "You suck". I would have raised holy hell with either of my daughters had they done that and forced them to apologize.

If elected officials have the right to childishly criticize Americans, then I see it appropriate the other way around.
The speaker of the house at the time, criticized the Tea Paryers by referringt to them as an astroturf movement.

Which of course it was.

so let me understand this......

some high schooler was forced to listen to a politician drone on........

the highschoolers tweets something about that politician that the politician found offensive......

politician called the principal of the school and demanded the high schooler apologize.....

high schooler refused.....

now republican panties are in a bunch and they resorted to high school antics of attacking this high schooler........

is that about right?

the highschoolers tweets something about that politician that the politician found offensive......

politician called the principal of the school and demanded the high schooler apologize.....

now republican panties are in a bunch and they resorted to high school antics of attacking this high schooler........

is that about right?
is that true? The part about the governor calling the principal?
If yes, the governor was in the wrong.

is that about right?

People on the right defending this elected crybaby, lets go into Bill Oreilly mode and try a no spin zone here.

is that about right?

from the article in the op.....

She actually made no such comment and said she was “just joking with friends.” But Brownback’s office, which monitors social media for postings containing the governor’s name, saw Sullivan’s post and contacted the Youth in Government program.

Sullivan received a scolding at school and was ordered to send Brownback an apology letter. She said Prinicipal Karl R. Krawitz even suggested talking points for the letter she was supposed to turn in Monday.

is that about right?

It was his people of course, so yes, it was him. What he did was wrong and it totally backfired on him.

The only other person wrong here is the wimpy principle.

Which of course it was.
Which, of course, shows us where YOUR thinking comes from.
Learn to think on your own. You will find that others will see you more interesting and you would find it less important to use an avatar that gives off a "bolder" impression.

I wonder if the Dems/libs in here who are outraged at the idea of an apology to a Republican governor would feel just as outraged if it were a Democratic governor. I think not.

You think wrong. What kind of stupid asshat complains about a tweet from a high school student? He's the governor and his staff run the state. The principal is even worse and I don't know the party affiliation of that dummy.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. If he was a dem, I would call him out. That is the difference between the left and right sometimes. We call out fools no matter what party they are affiliated with. The right defends the right no matter what. NO MATTER WHAT.

What kind of man in an elected office, goes after tweet's he does not like. I guess he showed her by going to her principle and tattling on her to her principle.

He is going to lose on this one and so are his defenders (which the right always does).

Probably a man who saw Bachmann whining because a senior vice-president from NBC apologized, rather than the president. Whiner. She's a whining whiner who whines, and he's following suit.

is that about right?

from the article in the op.....

She actually made no such comment and said she was “just joking with friends.” But Brownback’s office, which monitors social media for postings containing the governor’s name, saw Sullivan’s post and contacted the Youth in Government program.

Sullivan received a scolding at school and was ordered to send Brownback an apology letter. She said Prinicipal Karl R. Krawitz even suggested talking points for the letter she was supposed to turn in Monday.

So the governors office made a recommendation to a principal regarding something that no one said, no one saw and no one heard....just something that someone SAID was said?

I dont know.....I need to seem some evidence of the governors office making any move regarding this. If anything, I think the principal claimed the governors office told him to reprimand the child after he got the backlash for reprimanding her.

But...if, in fact, such a call was truthfully made? The governor should be ashamed.

The principal? He should be reprimanded for his actions whether the governors office suggested it or not.

Dere senator Brownbak,

At refess this morning Tommy Curtis said he met you onced and you smell funy.

I am telin youse in case you wanna telled our prinipal.

love,

Joey

Poor Joey. Now he will be kicked out of the sand box.

Forum List

Back