Tell Me Why Unions Are Bad

No, it’s not. No one is trying to stomp on anyone. This idea that the company is in opposition to its employment is completely asinine. A company works in unison with its employment or it goes out of business. It can’t pay substandard wages without losing its talent – also ending in a failed company. This view of us against them is one of the poisonous concepts associated with unions today.

A union’s function is to represent the workers in general and work out the best form and level of compensation collectively. That does not have to involve anyone being ‘stomped’ on.

The problem with public sector unions is rather simple – no one is representing the other side. Is it really that hard to understand that the politician you just paid millions in campaign funds ‘negotiating’ your contract is completely corrupt to the core?

It is painfully obvious the problem here. Can anyone actually defend this asinine practice?

Only, companies lie, they do all sorts of things that put workers in a bad position.

Now, I worked for a company that paid bonuses at the end of the contract. There are plenty of ways they don't care about their workers and cause all sorts of problems, like moving and reducing holidays against the contract and if you oppose this what do you? You can try and go to court or whatever, but as a single person fighting a company that is no doubt richer than you are, you're going to have problems. Hence unions.

Oh, you poor little victim, everyone is out to get you. :eusa_boohoo:

It's almost as if they actually believe their employer is on their side.

an intelligent employer IS on the side of his employees. He realizes that his employees make the business successful and he will take care of them.

a stupid employer will not survive.

Unions will hurt the intelligent employer and his employees, and will not save the stupid employer and his employees.

But people need jobs and someone is probably going to end up working for a stupid employer at some point.

You are wrong. The mass majority of conservatives do not oppose all UNIONS. They oppose PUBLIC SECTOR UNIONS. Private sector unions have a place in our economy. Public sector unions are a scourge and a conflict of interest so obvious that even FDR opposed them.

Public Sector Unions LOL. All Union-ship is about is people trying to get power over a select few trying to stomp on them.

No, it’s not. No one is trying to stomp on anyone. This idea that the company is in opposition to its employment is completely asinine. A company works in unison with its employment or it goes out of business. It can’t pay substandard wages without losing its talent – also ending in a failed company. This view of us against them is one of the poisonous concepts associated with unions today.

A union’s function is to represent the workers in general and work out the best form and level of compensation collectively. That does not have to involve anyone being ‘stomped’ on.

The problem with public sector unions is rather simple – no one is representing the other side. Is it really that hard to understand that the politician you just paid millions in campaign funds ‘negotiating’ your contract is completely corrupt to the core?

It is painfully obvious the problem here. Can anyone actually defend this asinine practice?

You CERTAINLY have a Fox News view of what Unions are. You seem to have no perspective of what Unions have done in the past to help the worker. You, like others, judge current unions and think that that's what they have been all along.

Unions are like Government my friend. They get corrupt and the smart people need to keep them in line. The dumb people throw in the towel right away and say, "they will never work, they had a big problem!"

BTW, you are not my friend. I friend with people with intellect.

It's almost as if they actually believe their employer is on their side.

an intelligent employer IS on the side of his employees. He realizes that his employees make the business successful and he will take care of them.

Unions will hurt the intelligent employer and his employees, and will not save the stupid employer and his employees.

But people need jobs and someone is probably going to end up working for a stupid employer at some point.

Every depression has the same cause. The rich tries to keep all the profits and treat the workers like slaves.

Every depression has the same cause. The rich tries to keep all the profits and treat the workers like slaves.

When has anyone ever demonstrated that is the cause of depressions?

Public Sector Unions LOL. All Union-ship is about is people trying to get power over a select few trying to stomp on them.

You CERTAINLY have a Fox News view of what Unions are. You seem to have no perspective of what Unions have done in the past to help the worker. You, like others, judge current unions and think that that's what they have been all along.

Unions are like Government my friend. They get corrupt and the smart people need to keep them in line. The dumb people throw in the towel right away and say, "they will never work, they had a big problem!"

Are you saying we need smaller unions just like we need smaller government?

‘Fox News’ view of what unions are?

You are an idiot. I never stated that unions should disappear or that they have never done anything good. I don’t oppose the existence or expansion of unions either – just their legal protections that make sure they no longer represent the workers.

You certainly are not ‘anti-party.’ Your posts here continuously demand a black and white, us or them mentality where you MUST lock someone into a ‘fox news’ position even if nothing they stated has shit to do with any particular news agency. My post does not even touch in unions anyway – just the asinine position that the company and workers are at odds. That is just another idiotic extension of the us vs. them mentality.

Forum List

Back