Ten years is up.....time to release everyone from Gitmo

Pay attention people, People who think like this, are running this country now. Liberal Democrats are Dangerous to American Security. It is that simple.

Sorry....just the way I grew up

I grew up believing that we were the good guys, that we did not torture, that we gave our criminals basic constitutional rights.
I grew up with a father who had inoperable shrapnel in his body. When he was a POW in a Japanese interment camp, they tortured him by hammering the shrapnel. When I was in high school, driving was torture for him. Every time he turned his head to check for an oncoming car, the shrapnel pain jabbed him.

Your problem is you think they're nice guys. They're not. They're brutal torturer/killers, and they are brainwashed into doing it for "Allah." the god that promotes getting even rather than forgiveness.

The only thing standing between these brutal animals and American citizens are our American troops and Homeland Security agents not letting them carry their message of hatred to America in the form of a nuclear weapon.

Right now, the warmonger Ahmadinejad is seeing how much ruckus he can raise for the United States among our neighbors in South America.

He finally figured it out that if he is going to get us in his lifetime, he has to come over here and solicit others with his oil money to inflict any and all kinds of damage against our nation. He's a rat and a villain and hangs with pandering loudmouths like Hugo Chavez.

How many wars is Iran currently engaged in?

What a bunch of mamby pamby bullshit. Grow some fucking balls and man up. Who gives a fuck about some so called moral high ground when compared to the scum of the earth we are detaining.

You fucking bleeding heart libs are a joke. A laughing stock.

Yup, just need to have another 9-11 to happen again. Some just forget about the past.
Do you believe the hatred and resentment that will accrue to us (not to mention the cost) for continuing the detention of suspects (not convicted criminals) will prevent another major terrorist attack on the U.S.?

I believe the opposite. The continued existence of Guantanamo is a festering boil. Best to excise it. If we don't have any condemning evidence on these people, release them.

I grew up believing that we were the good guys, that we did not torture, that we gave our criminals basic constitutional rights.
I grew up with a father who had inoperable shrapnel in his body. When he was a POW in a Japanese interment camp, they tortured him by hammering the shrapnel. When I was in high school, driving was torture for him. Every time he turned his head to check for an oncoming car, the shrapnel pain jabbed him.

Your problem is you think they're nice guys. They're not. They're brutal torturer/killers, and they are brainwashed into doing it for "Allah." the god that promotes getting even rather than forgiveness.

The only thing standing between these brutal animals and American citizens are our American troops and Homeland Security agents not letting them carry their message of hatred to America in the form of a nuclear weapon.

Right now, the warmonger Ahmadinejad is seeing how much ruckus he can raise for the United States among our neighbors in South America.

He finally figured it out that if he is going to get us in his lifetime, he has to come over here and solicit others with his oil money to inflict any and all kinds of damage against our nation. He's a rat and a villain and hangs with pandering loudmouths like Hugo Chavez.

Sorry, but I don't think we prove anything by sinking to their level. We are the United States....We set the moral high ground
Sorry, waterboarding does not compare to getting body parts with shrapnel wounds hammered for taking care of a fellow soldier and creating a death camp from a detainee camp.

The detainees in Gitmo have better medical care than the upper classes in societies they come from. That's some reward for coming after Americans with the worst imaginable deaths they could deliver on 9/11.

We have the right and the responsibility to stop threats to our people and to provide for our own common defense against these human killing machines honed in on killing American citizens.

You can't teach a brainwashed killer anything. You can, however, detain him from ever killing another American citizen in one of two ways: death or permanent living detainment. Death would give others on his side a martyr responsible for further self-righteous homicide bombings and mayhem against Americans.

They're not getting that pleasure. With all due respect, you do not understand this enemy, sir.

Even captured Nazi SS soldiers were either charged and given a trial or released.

What we are doing with these alleged terrorists is inhumane and immoral. :doubt:

After the war was over. :eusa_hand:
What "war?"

The American People haven't been at war since 1945. But their government has engaged in two massively destructive and ruinously costly military aggressions. This Guantanamo issue is a lingering vestige of the latest one.

We are a nation of laws. One of our most cherished documents is the Bill of Rights which guarantees the right to a speedy trial, right to see the evidence against you and right to face your accuser

We, as a nation have done none of that and hold men who are "suspected" of being terrorists in indefinite detention. Isn't it time to put up or shut up and either try or release these men?

Pay attention people, People who think like this, are running this country now. Liberal Democrats are Dangerous to American Security. It is that simple.

Sorry to say this, but your response declaring moral superiority, based on how you were raised, is typical of many Left wingers.

You're willing to put Amercan civilian lives at risk, which is sad.

Do you also think the ppl at gitmo should be able to sue the government for wrongfull imprisonment, after we let them go?

Several if you count their Proxies. Iran Sponsors Proxy groups that attack Israel, as well as Radical Shia Muslim groups across Africa and Parts of Asia.

I am sure you libs think that is just fine and dandy though right.

Several if you count their Proxies. Iran Sponsors Proxy groups that attack Israel, as well as Radical Shia Muslim groups across Africa and Parts of Asia.

So they are just as big of a war mongering nation as we are is what you must be trying to say.

Sorry to say this, but your response declaring moral superiority, based on how you were raised, is typical of many Left wingers.

You're willing to put Amercan civilian lives at risk, which is sad.

Do you also think the ppl at gitmo should be able to sue the government for wrongfull imprisonment, after we let them go?

I don't know who raised him, Because I was raised to believe Terrorist, and Combatants on a Battle Field, Were not common criminals are were subject to Military Tribunal.

Sure don't recall giving any Germans, or Japanese, or Vietnamese Jury Trials.

During WWII we caught Germany Operatives who Carried out Sabotage attacks, and were planning others. They were very quickly tried by the Military and Executed. FDR signed of on it.

So I say again, Who the hell raised you to believe we owe Foreign nationals, Who Are engaged in attempting to Harm this country, the Same rights as Americans, or for that matter the same rights as a common Criminal?

Terrorism is not a Criminal Act, it is an Act of War. Treat it as such.

So they are just as big of a war mongering nation as we are is what you must be trying to say.

Just love how liberals try and put words in peoples mouths.

Not even close, but I am not going to waste another second trying to explain it to you.

They are not criminals jackass. They're terrorists.

They're neither. They're suspects.

They have confessed [...]
If the types of torture used against some of those people by Blackwater "contractors" were used on you, you would "confess," too.

. . . and some were caught in the act.
Caught in the act of doing specifically what -- and by whom?

What more do you need?
I need a lot more than what scumbags like Donald Rumsfeld and George W. Bush tell me.

Just love how liberals try and put words in peoples mouths.

Not even close, but I am not going to waste another second trying to explain it to you.

So I guess you are a closet liberal, Chuck...

^---------What you have to say about liberals regarding this:

The SCOTUS has specifically ruled on this, the US Gov't can indefinitely hold terrorists without trial[...]
What exactly is a "terrorist?" How many of these prisoners are guilty of nothing more than overt or covert armed resistance to a foreign invader -- us. The only difference between them and thousands like them is they got caught -- or are suspected.

And what do these "reviews" consist of? I understand that in many cases the only evidence against some (many?) of them are the words of others who might have been personal enemies and/or reward-seekers.

For those who want to let 'em all go, are you willing to accept the risk that one or more of them would and/or could be responsible for a future terrorist attack against Americans somewhere in the world? I have yet to hear or see a liberal progressive who wants to close Gitmo and release these people man up and say they'll accept the responsibility for those who will die as a result.
These people are being held in captivity in my name. I have a right to know specifically what evidence supports their detention. And if the evidence is not substantial, release them.

We are what we do and we deserve the same.

They are not being held in your name. LMAO

You have no rights regarding these terrorists. The military and government have the right.

You know? Those who were voted in.

Not you. :lol:
Ours is a government of, for and by the People. What our government does it does in our names, yours and mine.

I don't expect you to understand that because you obviously are a subject, not a citizen. And I doubt that you even understand the difference between the two categories.

Y'know, it's probably a good idea just to get rid of trials altogether. I mean, if the police picked you up, you are obviously a criminal and up to no good. Proof really isn't necessary anyway, really. Just the mere fact that someone was caught is proof enough of guilt. Besides, these people are just criminals out to destroy our way of life. What they really deserve is a bullet to the head, so we're letting them off easy.

The SCOTUS has specifically ruled on this, the US Gov't can indefinitely hold terrorists without trial, same as during a declared war. If I'm not mistaken we do conduct a review of each case to determine if indefinite detention is warranted.

For those who want to let 'em all go, are you willing to accept the risk that one or more of them would and/or could be responsible for a future terrorist attack against Americans somewhere in the world? I have yet to hear or see a liberal progressive who wants to close Gitmo and release these people man up and say they'll accept the responsibility for those who will die as a result.

Do the accused get to participate in these reviews? Are they entitled to representation? Can they refute the evidence or lack of evidence against them?

We are America for christ sakes, we are supposed to be better than this

They're terrorists.....try to keep that in perspective.

What evidence do you have every detainee is a terrorist?

Last edited:
The SCOTUS has specifically ruled on this, the US Gov't can indefinitely hold terrorists without trial, same as during a declared war. If I'm not mistaken we do conduct a review of each case to determine if indefinite detention is warranted.

Please explain to me how a trial to determine someone's guilt puts America in danger. If they are guilty, sentence them to life in prison, or execute them. Exactly how does a trial put you at risk?

Last edited:

Sorry, but I don't think we prove anything by sinking to their level. We are the United States....We set the moral high ground

There is no high moral ground in war.

If you fight for the United States.......yes there is

We are a nation of laws. One of our most cherished documents is the Bill of Rights which guarantees the right to a speedy trial, right to see the evidence against you and right to face your accuser

We, as a nation have done none of that and hold men who are "suspected" of being terrorists in indefinite detention. Isn't it time to put up or shut up and either try or release these men?

Oh shut the fuck up, you don't give a shit about the Bill of Rights. You only care about the document when it supports YOUR partial political causes...

As a libertarian I find your post to be an insult...

The Bill of Rights only extends to NATURAL US citizens......

Oh shut the fuck up, you don't give a shit about the Bill of Rights. You only care about the document when it supports YOUR partial political causes...

As a libertarian I find your post to be an insult...

The Bill of Rights only extends to NATURAL US citizens......

The Supreme Court disagrees with you. Non-citizens, even illegal immigrants, are entitled to some rights.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...o_noncitizens_have_constitutional_rights.html

Last edited:

Forum List

Back