Terms 'Christmas' and 'Thanksgiving' banned at school

I don't much care for Celine Dion. And I loathe Bieber.

Kind of like bullying. You can participate in the fighting, but seeing as you're different (weaker) and will get the shit kicked out of you, you choose not to, however sometimes it's not a matter of whether you choose, you'll be made to feel bad not matter what.

Just like a libtard to think the bigger man wins the fight.

No, the man with the better training, knowledge and heart wins the fight. All other things being equal the guy that gets in the first head shot wins the fight.

Mike Tyson, Rocky Marciano, Royce Gracie and more were much smaller than the people they typically fought and BEAT TO A PULP.

It's not the size, skill and technique beat size and strength, precision beats power and timing beats speed every day.

Last edited:
Kind of like bullying. You can participate in the fighting, but seeing as you're different (weaker) and will get the shit kicked out of you, you choose not to, however sometimes it's not a matter of whether you choose, you'll be made to feel bad not matter what.
No, I see it more as Not forcing people to participate in things they'd prefer to opt out of if they want to. But you seem to be saying whatever is tried to be accommodating, we can't win and must therefore just give up our traditions and religious holiday practices. Not really fair. Not really gonna happen, I suspect.

I see education as something that should be done by smart people.

I know kids learn better when they're comfortable. Not when they're being bullied. Not when they're made to be singled out.
They aren't being bullied and they are opting out if they want to. Can't change the whole system because some kids or people have different beliefs, and it would be grossly unfair to make them participate. That's the solution, rather than changing everything for the many to completely accommodate the few.

So, let's have Muslim stuff, Jewish stuff, Buddhist stuff etc, then anyone who wants to opt out can opt out.

Can't change the system? Why not just take religion out of schools, it doesn't belong in schools. School is for EDUCATION, not for fairy stories.
Well, you have a point there. Could get a bit time consuming, although I'm sure there are schools in Europe which do just that. I do find it sad to think of losing Christmas and Easter at school even though I'm not religious myself. They were lovely times of the year to be in school.
Anyone remember May Day? Flowers in our hair, long flowing skirts, decorating the MayPole out in the recess area. Fun! But....they decided it was too Pagan, so banned it.

So we should just impose religion on people then, because it's tradition.

Upon whom is religion forced by a secular celebration?

You don't like us waking you up at 5am with loud noise over speakers and forcing you to go to pray, then feck off and go to another country.

Us? Are you Muslim?

That's called a "public nuisance". I understand that is indeed forced upon non-Muslims in Dearborn, Michigan.
Yes, I think FW just told us he's a Muslim. Not that I'm surprised.

You think? What, you mean you're telling people stuff and you don't know? Why doesn't that surprise me.

"I'm not telling you any personal information" = You're a Muslim.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Some people need to learn some basic brain skills.
Calm down, you are the one that used the word 'us' in reference to your muezzin doing his thang and calling or forcing the call to prayers on unwilling people. You said 'us'. Either write more clearly or expect the reader to see that you are saying you are a Muslim. And quit swearing at me. It's not my fault you're writing is sometimes incoherent.

You're the one who picked up on a pronoun and decided it was important.

The reality was I was pretending to be someone and then speaking as if I were that person.

But it pisses me off (just so you know) when people make shit up and attack me with it. So next time you make shit up about me, know that I will get pissed off. It's quite simple.

My writing wasn't incoherent either.
No, you're writing was incoherent, and not for the first time. So if you get pissed of at me because you're writing one of you're over-excited confused diatribes and you swear at me, you'll be looking quite the idiot. But be my guest :)

Is this actually a ban or just a change in policy? Will students be punished for using the terms Christmas or Thanksgiving, or wearing clothing in those themes? What about teachers, are they banned from any Christmas or Thanksgiving decoration on clothing or jewelry, etc.?

If the school wants to call it winter celebration instead of Christmas, meh, that's fine.

It's crap like this ^^^^ that will lubricate Trump's rise to presidency

Trump doesn't need lubrication.He's greasy enough already.

No, I see it more as Not forcing people to participate in things they'd prefer to opt out of if they want to. But you seem to be saying whatever is tried to be accommodating, we can't win and must therefore just give up our traditions and religious holiday practices. Not really fair. Not really gonna happen, I suspect.

I know kids learn better when they're comfortable. Not when they're being bullied. Not when they're made to be singled out.
They aren't being bullied and they are opting out if they want to. Can't change the whole system because some kids or people have different beliefs, and it would be grossly unfair to make them participate. That's the solution, rather than changing everything for the many to completely accommodate the few.

So, let's have Muslim stuff, Jewish stuff, Buddhist stuff etc, then anyone who wants to opt out can opt out.

Can't change the system? Why not just take religion out of schools, it doesn't belong in schools. School is for EDUCATION, not for fairy stories.
Well, you have a point there. Could get a bit time consuming, although I'm sure there are schools in Europe which do just that. I do find it sad to think of losing Christmas and Easter at school even though I'm not religious myself. They were lovely times of the year to be in school.
Anyone remember May Day? Flowers in our hair, long flowing skirts, decorating the MayPole out in the recess area. Fun! But....they decided it was too Pagan, so banned it.
Oh yes, I have fond memories of that.

America is fucked. I blame the fucking canadians. They brought this pussification to North America.

:lol:

You forgot a word. Pussy progressive canucks. Progressive being the key adjective. I can't apologize enough for Celine Dion and the Bieber. But hey we gave you John Candy, Rush and Captain Kirk baby and that's just for starters.

Still doesn't make up for Bieber. Either take him back or I want a pony.

I tried to find some sticky stars but all I could find were those dots. The kind you put on yard sale items and whatnot. Back in wagon wheel days, we had tinfoil sticky stars in blue, green, gold, red and silver. In 5th grade, our teacher had a wall with all the kids names written on paper and different colored stars for whatever we were excelling in...which prompted other students to get more stars. Gold were the super duper ones. I had lots of those under the Art section. :)

[
What does God have to do with Thanksgiving? Or a gold sticky star?
Thanksgiving Day is the special day set aside to thank....GOD....for all the many blessings He has given us.

Now what does that have to do with God?

I do not understand your question.

I'll believe Thanksgiving is a religious holiday when Maceys has a giant Jesus balloon.

No, it's you can of course participate, but since/if you don't want to, you don't have to.

We're talking traditions as well. I think the more we embrace everyone's traditions the more hope we have for a better understanding of each other. Yes our countries are melting pots but one has to learn about each ingredient to properly cook our "dish" of multi cultural families uniting under one roof.

And schools should be the "kitchen". To be tolerant is to be well informed and understanding where other people come from. Traditions should be recognized and celebrated.

America is fucked. I blame the fucking canadians. They brought this pussification to North America.

You forgot a word. Pussy progressive canucks. Progressive being the key adjective. I can't apologize enough for Celine Dion and the Bieber. But hey we gave you John Candy, Rush and Captain Kirk baby and that's just for starters.

I'll work on that pony. Sorries for the Bieb.

[
Thanksgiving Day is the special day set aside to thank....GOD....for all the many blessings He has given us.

I'll believe Thanksgiving is a religious holiday when Maceys has a giant Jesus balloon.
Macey's did not define Thanksgiving Day, idjit, the Pilgrims and Abraham Lincoln did.

We're talking traditions as well. I think the more we embrace everyone's traditions the more hope we have for a better understanding of each other. Yes our countries are melting pots but one has to learn about each ingredient to properly cook our "dish" of multi cultural families uniting under one roof.

And schools should be the "kitchen". To be tolerant is to be well informed and understanding where other people come from. Traditions should be recognized and celebrated.

So you're in favor of the schools celebrating Ramadan?

We'll let it slide THIS time. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN. I probably don't have room in my garage for a pony anyway.

Sure, why not? But if Christians, pagans, hindus, etc cannot celebrate, neither can muslims. Give and receive, receive and give. Tolerance goes two ways. However, with that said...I think schools need to keep their noses out of religion, period. ANY religion. But don't ban the words because it IS just words.
No merry xmas in school? No problem. But banning sticky stars and FOOD celebrations? Come on. *eye roll*

We'll let it slide THIS time. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN. I probably don't have room in my garage for a pony anyway.
I'll store it in my shed for you. A pony would fit. But I get to ride it!

[

Macey's did not define Thanksgiving Day, idjit, the Pilgrims and Abraham Lincoln did.

Maceys has pilgrims and turkeys. No Jesus.

Because that is what Thanksgiving is. Celebrating life, sustenance, eating turkey, history of the pilgrims. It really has nothing to do with a specific religion. So to ban the words of Thanksgiving is just flat out stupid.

Sure, why not? But if Christians, pagans, hindus, etc cannot celebrate, neither can muslims. Give and receive, receive and give. Tolerance goes two ways. However, with that said...I think schools need to keep their noses out of religion, period. ANY religion. But don't ban the words because it IS just words.
No merry xmas in school? No problem. But banning sticky stars and FOOD celebrations? Come on. *eye roll*

Nobody in the history of the world has been banned from saying Merry Christmas. Some businesses prefer their employees use more inclusive phrases,like happy holidays, but they also make them say things like "did you find everything you needed". They are free to say anything they want on their own time.

Forum List

Back