Terms 'Christmas' and 'Thanksgiving' banned at school

Every child in an American school has the right NOT to celebrate traditional American holidays.

However, every American school receiving taxpayer funding should celebrate traditional American holidays, no question. If someone is offended, they can go to chaperoned study in the cafeteria.

Why not just keep religion at home?

Religion is part of the American tradition. If you don't like the history of the country, too bad.

That said, Christmas may also be celebrated in a secular manner, as may they all.

So we should just impose religion on people then, because it's tradition.

Upon whom is religion forced by a secular celebration?

You don't like us waking you up at 5am with loud noise over speakers and forcing you to go to pray, then feck off and go to another country.

Us? Are you Muslim?

That's called a "public nuisance". I understand that is indeed forced upon non-Muslims in Dearborn, Michigan.

What secular celebration? Christmas? Rubbish is it secular.

Us would be me pretending to speak for those who are the mob, the majority, the people who think that the majority should be able to pound on the minority.

Am I Muslim? Do you expect me to give you personal information?
It's ok, you're among friends :wink_2:
And it's obvious.

I know of many schools where pentagrams and anything that could be perceived as "Satanic" were banned. How is that fair? Why should Christians get to have crosses and Christmas, and a reference to God in the pledge? Why is Christmas so deserving of vacation time, and not the Equinoxes, or Samhain/ Day of the Dead, or some other religious holy days? Why should Pagans or even Wiccans not be able to wear certain sacred symbols like the pentagram? Even Satanists and Luciferians... you may not like them, but why is their religious culture banned while Christian culture has been allowed to flourish?

Fortunately, times are changing. American culture is evolving.

Religion is part of the American tradition. If you don't like the history of the country, too bad.

That said, Christmas may also be celebrated in a secular manner, as may they all.

So we should just impose religion on people then, because it's tradition. You don't like us waking you up at 5am with loud noise over speakers and forcing you to go to pray, then feck off and go to another country.
Kids who don't like it can go to another classroom. That happened when I was at school and it was fine. Newcomers should not be forcing all these changes in our traditions.

Ah, you boy, you're different, fuck off and go somewhere else, we're doing something important and you can't participate.
No, it's you can of course participate, but since/if you don't want to, you don't have to.

Kind of like bullying. You can participate in the fighting, but seeing as you're different (weaker) and will get the shit kicked out of you, you choose not to, however sometimes it's not a matter of whether you choose, you'll be made to feel bad not matter what.

[
What does God have to do with Thanksgiving? Or a gold sticky star?
Thanksgiving Day is the special day set aside to thank....GOD....for all the many blessings He has given us.

Now what does that have to do with God?

I do not understand your question.
Thanksgiving is for giving thanks for food, bounty, etc. One can serve food at home on a special day and God not have anything to do with it. But, ok. I will go along with what you said.

So the next question is..what about those little colored sticky stars?
We didnt have little sticky stars at our school, we were too poor, so I dont know.

:D

Terms 'Christmas' and 'Thanksgiving' banned at school

A Brooklyn principal is generating controversy for her removal of certain traditions at her school.

The New York Post reports that Eujin Kim of PS 169 has put an end to recitations of the Pledge of Allegiance as well as references to Santa Claus, Christmas, and Thanksgiving.

In fact, the latter terms are being broadly referred to as "winter celebrations" and the "harvest festival," respectively.

These new policies were reportedly communicated to staff in a memo that referred to students' diverse families and that "not all children celebrate the same holidays."

PTA officials were also notified of the changes, and the president has said they include a ban on stars which can have a religious association.

Oy. What's next? A ban on breathing?

Concerning yourself with your own kids' schools and not being a busybody?

How are the school's math and reading scores? Is it a safe school? Don't know, don't care?

Why is your god so fragile that he needs to be reminded about his holidays every five minutes?

About as much as he does with snowflakes on a paper cup from Starbucks, but it doesn't stop the Perpetually Aggrieved from howling about them.

Again, if you want to be a Christian martyr, hop a flight to North Korea. You'll only need a one-way ticket.

Every child in an American school has the right NOT to celebrate traditional American holidays.

However, every American school receiving taxpayer funding should celebrate traditional American holidays, no question. If someone is offended, they can go to chaperoned study in the cafeteria.

You don't like us waking you up at 5am with loud noise over speakers and forcing you to go to pray, then feck off and go to another country.

Us? Are you Muslim?

That's called a "public nuisance". I understand that is indeed forced upon non-Muslims in Dearborn, Michigan.
Yes, I think FW just told us he's a Muslim. Not that I'm surprised.

You think? What, you mean you're telling people stuff and you don't know? Why doesn't that surprise me.

"I'm not telling you any personal information" = You're a Muslim.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Some people need to learn some basic brain skills.

So we should just impose religion on people then, because it's tradition. You don't like us waking you up at 5am with loud noise over speakers and forcing you to go to pray, then feck off and go to another country.
Kids who don't like it can go to another classroom. That happened when I was at school and it was fine. Newcomers should not be forcing all these changes in our traditions.

Ah, you boy, you're different, fuck off and go somewhere else, we're doing something important and you can't participate.
No, it's you can of course participate, but since/if you don't want to, you don't have to.

Kind of like bullying. You can participate in the fighting, but seeing as you're different (weaker) and will get the shit kicked out of you, you choose not to, however sometimes it's not a matter of whether you choose, you'll be made to feel bad not matter what.
No, I see it more as Not forcing people to participate in things they'd prefer to opt out of if they want to. But you seem to be saying whatever is tried to be accommodating, we can't win and must therefore just give up our traditions and religious holiday practices. Not really fair. Not really gonna happen, I suspect.

Us? Are you Muslim?

Us would be me pretending to speak for those who are the mob, the majority, the people who think that the majority should be able to pound on the minority.

And it's obvious.

Sure it's obvious. I know loads of stuff that is "obvious" to some people.

Like "all Muslims are terrorists", "Obama is a Muslims", "Obama is a Jew", "Obama was born in Kenya", "Africa is a country", you know, shit like that, shit that people "know" and seems "obvious", simply because they don't know much and don't bother to actually wait until the evidence is there before opening their gobs.

30 years ago it would have been "obvious" that I was a Communist, now it's "obvious" I'm a Muslim because... because you find the common enemy, then you label anyone who disagrees with you with that label.

Well done, you can go to grade 2.

No, I see it more as Not forcing people to participate in things they'd prefer to opt out of if they want to. But you seem to be saying whatever is tried to be accommodating, we can't win and must therefore just give up our traditions and religious holiday practices. Not really fair. Not really gonna happen, I suspect.

I see education as something that should be done by smart people.

I know kids learn better when they're comfortable. Not when they're being bullied. Not when they're made to be singled out.

Us? Are you Muslim?

You think? What, you mean you're telling people stuff and you don't know? Why doesn't that surprise me.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Calm down, you are the one that used the word 'us' in reference to your muezzin doing his thang and calling or forcing the call to prayers on unwilling people. You said 'us'. Either write more clearly or expect the reader to see that you are saying you are a Muslim. And quit swearing at me. It's not my fault you're writing is sometimes incoherent.

I know kids learn better when they're comfortable. Not when they're being bullied. Not when they're made to be singled out.
They aren't being bullied and they are opting out if they want to. Can't change the whole system because some kids or people have different beliefs, and it would be grossly unfair to make them participate. That's the solution, rather than changing everything for the many to completely accommodate the few.

Us? Are you Muslim?

And it's obvious.

Sure it's obvious. I know loads of stuff that is "obvious" to some people.

Like "all Muslims are terrorists", "Obama is a Muslims", "Obama is a Jew", "Obama was born in Kenya", "Africa is a country", you know, shit like that, shit that people "know" and seems "obvious", simply because they don't know much and don't bother to actually wait until the evidence is there before opening their gobs.

30 years ago it would have been "obvious" that I was a Communist, now it's "obvious" I'm a Muslim because... because you find the common enemy, then you label anyone who disagrees with you with that label.

Well done, you can go to grade 2.
OK.... You really don't know that stuff :)

They aren't being bullied and they are opting out if they want to. Can't change the whole system because some kids or people have different beliefs, and it would be grossly unfair to make them participate. That's the solution, rather than changing everything for the many to completely accommodate the few.

So, let's have Muslim stuff, Jewish stuff, Buddhist stuff etc, then anyone who wants to opt out can opt out.

Can't change the system? Why not just take religion out of schools, it doesn't belong in schools. School is for EDUCATION, not for fairy stories.

Us? Are you Muslim?

WHAT THE FUCK?

Calm down, you are the one that used the word 'us' in reference to your muezzin doing his thang and calling or forcing the call to prayers on unwilling people. You said 'us'. Either write more clearly or expect the reader to see that you are saying you are a Muslim. And quit swearing at me. It's not my fault you're writing is sometimes incoherent.
He is a muzzie. He is pissed he outted himself, lol.

Us? Are you Muslim?

WHAT THE FUCK?

You're the one who picked up on a pronoun and decided it was important.

The reality was I was pretending to be someone and then speaking as if I were that person.

But it pisses me off (just so you know) when people make shit up and attack me with it. So next time you make shit up about me, know that I will get pissed off. It's quite simple.

My writing wasn't incoherent either.

Us? Are you Muslim?

WHAT THE FUCK?

He is a muzzie. He is pissed he outted himself, lol.

Oh, shit, I'm a Jew, a Buddhist, an Atheist, a Pagan, a woman, a man, an old person, a young person, black, white, pink, yellow, green and blue too.

I just outed myself. Foooooowkin' hell.

[
Thanksgiving Day is the special day set aside to thank....GOD....for all the many blessings He has given us.

Now what does that have to do with God?

I do not understand your question.
Thanksgiving is for giving thanks for food, bounty, etc. One can serve food at home on a special day and God not have anything to do with it. But, ok. I will go along with what you said.

So the next question is..what about those little colored sticky stars?
We didnt have little sticky stars at our school, we were too poor, so I dont know.

:D
The school usually puts them on homework or art projects for the students that did well. They can be purchased at any novelty store for about 69 cents for 2 dozen or so. It's been a long time for me too.

America is fucked. I blame the fucking canadians. They brought this pussification to North America.

:lol:

You forgot a word. Pussy progressive canucks. Progressive being the key adjective. I can't apologize enough for Celine Dion and the Bieber. But hey we gave you John Candy, Rush and Captain Kirk baby and that's just for starters.

What's wrong with Celine Dion?

Nothing by me. If you know her life story its quite incredible but I get nailed a lot for her, the Bieb and Ann Murray being exports. So I grovel when necessary.

:lol:

So, let's have Muslim stuff, Jewish stuff, Buddhist stuff etc, then anyone who wants to opt out can opt out.

Can't change the system? Why not just take religion out of schools, it doesn't belong in schools. School is for EDUCATION, not for fairy stories.
Well, you have a point there. Could get a bit time consuming, although I'm sure there are schools in Europe which do just that. I do find it sad to think of losing Christmas and Easter at school even though I'm not religious myself. They were lovely times of the year to be in school.

Forum List

Back