Terms 'Christmas' and 'Thanksgiving' banned at school

Every child in an American school has the right NOT to celebrate traditional American holidays.

However, every American school receiving taxpayer funding should celebrate traditional American holidays, no question. If someone is offended, they can go to chaperoned study in the cafeteria.

Why not just keep religion at home?

Religion is part of the American tradition. If you don't like the history of the country, too bad.

That said, Christmas may also be celebrated in a secular manner, as may they all.

So we should just impose religion on people then, because it's tradition.

Upon whom is religion forced by a secular celebration?

You don't like us waking you up at 5am with loud noise over speakers and forcing you to go to pray, then feck off and go to another country.

Us? Are you Muslim?

That's called a "public nuisance". I understand that is indeed forced upon non-Muslims in Dearborn, Michigan.
Yes, I think FW just told us he's a Muslim. Not that I'm surprised.

PS 169 Pledge of Allegiance and Holiday Ban Controversy

On 14 December 2015 a New York City DoE representative confirmed to Snopes.com that Kim "in no way disallowed celebration of Thanksgiving," and indicated that the Pledge of Allegiance would again be recited over the loudspeaker with morning announcements (versus individually in classrooms.) The DoE further confirmed that its directive allowed "secular representation of the holiday season, and allows the use of Santa as a holiday symbol with secular dimensions," clarifying some confusion over whether he was considered a religious symbol

Gosh, who to believe?

(Billy flips a coin.)

As I thought. It's amazing the changes that can be wrought when school administrators are seized by the sheer terror of parental outrage.
Yes...should we believe a hysterical parent screaming War on Christmas or the actual facts of the case?

Every child in an American school has the right NOT to celebrate traditional American holidays.

However, every American school receiving taxpayer funding should celebrate traditional American holidays, no question. If someone is offended, they can go to chaperoned study in the cafeteria.

Religion is part of the American tradition. If you don't like the history of the country, too bad.

That said, Christmas may also be celebrated in a secular manner, as may they all.

You don't like us waking you up at 5am with loud noise over speakers and forcing you to go to pray, then feck off and go to another country.

Us? Are you Muslim?

That's called a "public nuisance". I understand that is indeed forced upon non-Muslims in Dearborn, Michigan.
The Germans and Swiss call that 'loudspeaker jihad', a type of stealth jihad.

images

Do you have a problem celebrating the cultural diversity of all of society or like most progressives are you so hypocritical that you only wish to recognize only your select groups of individuals when celebrating their cultural diversity?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

America is fucked. I blame the fucking canadians. They brought this pussification to North America.

:lol:

You forgot a word. Pussy progressive canucks. Progressive being the key adjective. I can't apologize enough for Celine Dion and the Bieber. But hey we gave you John Candy, Rush and Captain Kirk baby and that's just for starters.

The pity of it is we should be celebrating all traditions. That's how we have learned about our neighbors traditions and they have learned about ours.

I remember one great teacher I had who loved to throw a potluck where every child would bring a dish from their parents or grandparents homeland that they immigrated from. I remember falling in love with Caribbean w/jerk and curries. These days some asshole progressive would be calling for her to be fired.

It's getting out and out stupid.
These days, the asshole progressives won't even permit children to bring homemade goodies of any stripe into school. Only approved, pre-packaged treats are allowed. I cannot imagine what kind of hell would be raised if an international potluck of homemade dishes were to be provided.

America is fucked. I blame the fucking canadians. They brought this pussification to North America.

You forgot a word. Pussy progressive canucks. Progressive being the key adjective. I can't apologize enough for Celine Dion and the Bieber. But hey we gave you John Candy, Rush and Captain Kirk baby and that's just for starters.

What's wrong with Celine Dion?

TD...you are cool...but you will never convince me canada isn't useless.

The pity of it is we should be celebrating all traditions. That's how we have learned about our neighbors traditions and they have learned about ours.

I remember one great teacher I had who loved to throw a potluck where every child would bring a dish from their parents or grandparents homeland that they immigrated from. I remember falling in love with Caribbean w/jerk and curries. These days some asshole progressive would be calling for her to be fired.

But no matter how fucking straight out of National Lampoon stupid these things get, the usual crew of Soros bots will defend it to the death and insist that itis just more proof that conservatives are out of step with the rest of America.
Ahem....conservatives are the rest of America!

Little Jane and Little Johnny will no longer get the coveted sticky stars on their homework or art any more either. It might OFFENSIVE to someone that doesn't like stars.

Ayeyiyiyiyai!
Maybe smiley faces are less offensive?

Terms 'Christmas' and 'Thanksgiving' banned at school

A Brooklyn principal is generating controversy for her removal of certain traditions at her school.

The New York Post reports that Eujin Kim of PS 169 has put an end to recitations of the Pledge of Allegiance as well as references to Santa Claus, Christmas, and Thanksgiving.

In fact, the latter terms are being broadly referred to as "winter celebrations" and the "harvest festival," respectively.

These new policies were reportedly communicated to staff in a memo that referred to students' diverse families and that "not all children celebrate the same holidays."

PTA officials were also notified of the changes, and the president has said they include a ban on stars which can have a religious association.

Oy. What's next? A ban on breathing?

Concerning yourself with your own kids' schools and not being a busybody?

How are the school's math and reading scores? Is it a safe school? Don't know, don't care?

Why is your god so fragile that he needs to be reminded about his holidays every five minutes?
What does God have to do with Thanksgiving? Or a gold sticky star?

So we should just impose religion on people then, because it's tradition. You don't like us waking you up at 5am with loud noise over speakers and forcing you to go to pray, then feck off and go to another country.
Kids who don't like it can go to another classroom. That happened when I was at school and it was fine. Newcomers should not be forcing all these changes in our traditions.

Ah, you boy, you're different, fuck off and go somewhere else, we're doing something important and you can't participate.

Doesn't that do away with freedom of religion?

No.

Care to elaborate?

No really. Had what I replied to been of sufficient detail, then my post would have reflected that.

[
Thanksgiving Day is the special day set aside to thank....GOD....for all the many blessings He has given us.

Now what does that have to do with God?

I do not understand your question.

Doesn't that do away with freedom of religion?

No.

Care to elaborate?

No really. Had what I replied to been of sufficient detail, then my post would have reflected that.

yawn.gif

So we should just impose religion on people then, because it's tradition. You don't like us waking you up at 5am with loud noise over speakers and forcing you to go to pray, then feck off and go to another country.
Kids who don't like it can go to another classroom. That happened when I was at school and it was fine. Newcomers should not be forcing all these changes in our traditions.

Ah, you boy, you're different, fuck off and go somewhere else, we're doing something important and you can't participate.
No, it's you can of course participate, but since/if you don't want to, you don't have to.

Us? Are you Muslim?

What secular celebration? Christmas? Rubbish is it secular.

Us would be me pretending to speak for those who are the mob, the majority, the people who think that the majority should be able to pound on the minority.

Am I Muslim? Do you expect me to give you personal information?

But no matter how fucking straight out of National Lampoon stupid these things get, the usual crew of Soros bots will defend it to the death and insist that itis just more proof that conservatives are out of step with the rest of America.

My favorite mayor of all times hit this head on in Toronto a while back. I freaking loved it and still do. They did their PC bullshit at City Hall by turning the Christmas tree into a holiday tree. Lastman and his councillors went ballistic. They came out guns a blazing.

:)

Here's what they did.

"The first off the mark was Councillor Gloria Lindsay-Luby, who said she would introduce a motion at next week's council meeting that the tree be called a Christmas tree.

"Calling a Christmas tree a 'Holiday' tree is taking political correctness too far," Ms. Lindsay-Luby said in a statement.

"It's like calling the Menorah a 'Holiday Flame' without proper acknowledgment of its history. In Toronto, we are inclusive to all religions and customs. This does not mean that we should tear down existing traditions."

AND the Mayor.

"Our special-events staff went too far with their political correctness when they called it a holiday tree," Mr. Lastman said. "They were trying to be inclusive, and their hearts were in the right place. But you can't be politically correct all the time. Let me set the record straight: Toronto has a Christmas tree in Nathan Phillips Square."

Yay Mel!

Toronto mayor, councillors push for Christmas, not holiday, tree

[
Thanksgiving Day is the special day set aside to thank....GOD....for all the many blessings He has given us.

Now what does that have to do with God?

I do not understand your question.
Thanksgiving is for giving thanks for food, bounty, etc. One can serve food at home on a special day and God not have anything to do with it. But, ok. I will go along with what you said.

So the next question is..what about those little colored sticky stars?

Forum List

Back