Terrorism and Privilege: Understanding the Power of Whiteness

540694_240729912718654_438945557_n.jpg

Where are all the "black faces" from the murders in Chicago and Detroit? If you want to talk about real terrorism..... how many blacks hide every day in these cities, praying that their loved ones and themselves will not be shot at the hands of their black "youths"? How many of these cities are losing tourists' dollars because those that can travel, want no part of going into these cities where you can be "shot" standing on the street minding your own business.

All those faces you posted, how many did the community pitch in and catch? They didn't leave it to the police; they didn't shut the police out, they assisted in catching these men. Why can't the black communities in these terrorist zones in the urban areas do the same thing?

Excuse me? Do you know anything about the history of Chicago? Violence and mayhem have always been a part of the culture. Blacks didn't create the culture....they assimilated it. The culture was created and instigated by "white people". Al Capone was the mob boss of Chicago, somewhat profiled in the HBO series, "Boardwalk Empire". Similar events were going on in major cities across the nation, in the 20's, 30's to present day. See: Once Upon a Time in America (1984) - Full cast and crew

I recall my family moving to Garfield Park, on Chicago's West Side, circa 1964. My brother and I were accosted by a young black guy, older than us, who demanded a quarter. We complied, and he told us if anyone messed with us, tell them we know "Redd". I can't tell you how many times our asses were spared an ass-kicking because "we knew Redd".
Chicago is all about gangs, thugs, and turf. But white people started it. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Those are spree killers. And as you can see from this list; they occur on all the continents and are perpetrated by all races.

List of rampage killers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh really? But you were so quick to call up a racial pejorative, "whitey", as you obviously saw the OP (authored by a white man, btw), as an attack on whites, in general. What the fuck difference does the fact that they were spree killers have to do with anything? Instead of acknowledging reality you make excuses and caveats. Typical, as you know white people are always right and never ever do anything wrong.

Excuse me? Do you know anything about the history of Chicago? Violence and mayhem have always been a part of the culture. Blacks didn't create the culture....they assimilated it. The culture was created and instigated by "white people". Al Capone was the mob boss of Chicago, somewhat profiled in the HBO series, "Boardwalk Empire". Similar events were going on in major cities across the nation, in the 20's, 30's to present day. See: Once Upon a Time in America (1984) - Full cast and crew

I recall my family moving to Garfield Park, on Chicago's West Side, circa 1964. My brother and I were accosted by a young black guy, older than us, who demanded a quarter. We complied, and he told us if anyone messed with us, tell them we know "Redd". I can't tell you how many times our asses were spared an ass-kicking because "we knew Redd".
Chicago is all about gangs, thugs, and turf. But white people started it. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Wow. Before you said blacks aren't men because of slavery and now they're murderers because of gangs 90 years ago.

:lmao:

Tim Wise » Terrorism and Privilege: Understanding the Power of Whiteness

"White privilege is knowing that even if the Boston Marathon bomber turns out to be white, his or her identity will not result in white folks generally being singled out for suspicion by law enforcement, or the TSA, or the FBI.
White privilege is knowing that even if the bomber turns out to be white, no one will call for whites to be profiled as terrorists as a result, subjected to special screening, or threatened with deportation.
White privilege is knowing that if the bomber turns out to be white, he or she will be viewed as an exception to an otherwise non-white rule, an aberration, an anomaly, and that he or she will be able to join the ranks of pantheon of white people who engage in (or have plotted) politically motivated violence meant to terrorize — and specifically to kill — but whose actions result in the assumption of absolutely nothing about white people generally, or white Christians in particular......And white privilege is knowing that if this bomber turns out to be white, the United States government will not bomb whatever corn field or mountain town or stale suburb from which said bomber came, just to ensure that others like him or her don’t get any ideas. And if he turns out to be a member of the Irish Republican Army we won’t bomb Belfast. And if he’s an Italian American Catholic we won’t bomb the Vatican.
In short, white privilege is the thing that allows you (if you’re white) — and me — to view tragic events like this as merely horrific, and from the perspective of pure and innocent victims, rather than having to wonder, and to look over one’s shoulder, and to ask even if only in hushed tones, whether those we pass on the street might think that somehow we were involved.
It is the source of our unearned innocence and the cause of others’ unjustified oppression.
That is all. And it matters."

Now the semantics are being debated if one can be both "white" and "Muslim". The two are not "mutually exclusive".

You and the writer of the article racist pieces of crap. I'll waste no more time on you.

I understand. The truth "hurts". Didn't invite you to the BBQ, in the first place. Bye.

Poet is a racist

No, actually not. Me, pointing out "white privilege" and double standards in America, does not translate to racism on my part. I understand how you might feel that way, though. Rarely, if ever, have you confronted a black man, let alone a gay black man, who would stand up to criticism from white Neanderthals, who spend their time swilling beer at wet t-shirt contests, to oblivion, thinking that they own the world, and everyone else should bow down before them, because in their pea-sized brains, they believe they represent the best and the brightest in America.
A) You're a retarded reject, resting on your "white privilege" to see you through.
B) You didn't do well in school, by virtue of the fact that your commentary is reduced to "one-liners", which any 6th grader could come up with.
3) You think your avatar is sexy
4) You couldn't out-think a bag of rocks.
Now that we've cleared that up, you can resume your regular programming.

What makes you a racist is that you are only pointing out one race, never mind about other races

Well, it seems that you being the majority for so long, you would oversee yourselves, edit, reprimand, chastise and corral your own, but that never happens, so, folks like me, are behooved to point out your failings on that front, as you are so apt to point out the failings of my community. As stewards and model citizens, you have failed, epically. And I am, by no means, excusing the bad behavior and poor judgment of those in my community....we have our problems and they are severe and troubling. But I would only caveat and never "whitewash" them, as to the causes and consequences. Therein lies the difference.

And here we have it....the apologist and political correctness gone wild comes out again.
Let's ignore the fact that hundreds and hundreds of terrorist attacks world-wide and concentrate on a handful and say there is no connection because of it. That we should ignore 99.8% of reality to favor the .2% of exception.
Damn.

Where are all the "black faces" from the murders in Chicago and Detroit? If you want to talk about real terrorism..... how many blacks hide every day in these cities, praying that their loved ones and themselves will not be shot at the hands of their black "youths"? How many of these cities are losing tourists' dollars because those that can travel, want no part of going into these cities where you can be "shot" standing on the street minding your own business.

All those faces you posted, how many did the community pitch in and catch? They didn't leave it to the police; they didn't shut the police out, they assisted in catching these men. Why can't the black communities in these terrorist zones in the urban areas do the same thing?

Excuse me? Do you know anything about the history of Chicago? Violence and mayhem have always been a part of the culture. Blacks didn't create the culture....they assimilated it. The culture was created and instigated by "white people". Al Capone was the mob boss of Chicago, somewhat profiled in the HBO series, "Boardwalk Empire". Similar events were going on in major cities across the nation, in the 20's, 30's to present day. See:

We gave chicago to the coons a long, long time ago.

Oh, there's a brilliant retort. Tolerance and common sense 1 Racism and bigotry 0

Having never been to Chicago, no doubt. LOL

Wow. Before you said blacks aren't men because of slavery and now they're murderers because of gangs 90 years ago.

:lmao:

Again, you continue to show your lack of reasoning ability. I never said blacks aren't men because of slavery. Go back and get my quote accurately. I'm not now going to do what you failed to do for you, moron. The system was set in motion by whites...and you want to deny any responsibility for the system. Life doesn't work that way. We are what we eat, what we learn, and what we remember.

Poet hates anyone who's not black, because he wishes he wasn't black himself.

Darling, there are so many black folks I do not care for, it's not funny.
On the other hand, there are so many whites that I love and adore, it's not funny, either.
Wishes he wasn't black??? WTF? You're doing way too many drugs.

Poet hates anyone who's not black, because he wishes he wasn't black himself.

Darling, there are so many black folks I do not care for, it's not funny.
On the other hand, there are so many whites that I love and adore, it's not funny, either.
Wishes he wasn't black??? WTF? You're doing way too many drugs.

C'mon, admit it, if you could, you'd turn white, like Michael Jackson.

Is that supposed to be clever or humorous.... I can't tell ?
Apparently, you have nothing relevant or interesting to say....so I can safely place you on ignore with the rest of the nothings. Bye.

This message is hidden because Icare is on your ignore list.
Not interested.

Forum List

Back