Terrorism and Privilege: Understanding the Power of Whiteness

540694_240729912718654_438945557_n.jpg

Where are all the "black faces" from the murders in Chicago and Detroit? If you want to talk about real terrorism..... how many blacks hide every day in these cities, praying that their loved ones and themselves will not be shot at the hands of their black "youths"? How many of these cities are losing tourists' dollars because those that can travel, want no part of going into these cities where you can be "shot" standing on the street minding your own business.

All those faces you posted, how many did the community pitch in and catch? They didn't leave it to the police; they didn't shut the police out, they assisted in catching these men. Why can't the black communities in these terrorist zones in the urban areas do the same thing?

Excuse me? Do you know anything about the history of Chicago? Violence and mayhem have always been a part of the culture. Blacks didn't create the culture....they assimilated it. The culture was created and instigated by "white people". Al Capone was the mob boss of Chicago, somewhat profiled in the HBO series, "Boardwalk Empire". Similar events were going on in major cities across the nation, in the 20's, 30's to present day. See: Once Upon a Time in America (1984) - Full cast and crew

I recall my family moving to Garfield Park, on Chicago's West Side, circa 1964. My brother and I were accosted by a young black guy, older than us, who demanded a quarter. We complied, and he told us if anyone messed with us, tell them we know "Redd". I can't tell you how many times our asses were spared an ass-kicking because "we knew Redd".
Chicago is all about gangs, thugs, and turf. But white people started it. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Egads, is there no end to you blaming "white people" for every problem in your life? I never stated that "blacks" started the problem (but if you want to go back to "African tribes", there was a "violence problem" there, as well). The black communities in the major cities operate relatively free of "whites". Why aren't they coming together, and dealing with the violence, from "within"? Why is it, when police are in the communities to solve crimes, doors are slammed in their faces, and then the communities cry they are not treated "the same"? It is time to put on your big boy pants and start dealing with "your" community, yourself. Blaming other people is keeping you in a perpetual victim mode, where you just sit and cry, instead of being proactive in changing the situations.

Excuse me? Do you know anything about the history of Chicago? Violence and mayhem have always been a part of the culture. Blacks didn't create the culture....they assimilated it. The culture was created and instigated by "white people". Al Capone was the mob boss of Chicago, somewhat profiled in the HBO series, "Boardwalk Empire". Similar events were going on in major cities across the nation, in the 20's, 30's to present day. See: Once Upon a Time in America (1984) - Full cast and crew

I recall my family moving to Garfield Park, on Chicago's West Side, circa 1964. My brother and I were accosted by a young black guy, older than us, who demanded a quarter. We complied, and he told us if anyone messed with us, tell them we know "Redd". I can't tell you how many times our asses were spared an ass-kicking because "we knew Redd".
Chicago is all about gangs, thugs, and turf. But white people started it. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Wow. Before you said blacks aren't men because of slavery and now they're murderers because of gangs 90 years ago.

:lmao:

Again, you continue to show your lack of reasoning ability. I never said blacks aren't men because of slavery. Go back and get my quote accurately. I'm not now going to do what you failed to do for you, moron. The system was set in motion by whites...and you want to deny any responsibility for the system. Life doesn't work that way. We are what we eat, what we learn, and what we remember.

So what "system" would you prefer?

Wow. Before you said blacks aren't men because of slavery and now they're murderers because of gangs 90 years ago.

Again, you continue to show your lack of reasoning ability. I never said blacks aren't men because of slavery. Go back and get my quote accurately. I'm not now going to do what you failed to do for you, moron. The system was set in motion by whites...and you want to deny any responsibility for the system. Life doesn't work that way. We are what we eat, what we learn, and what we remember.

Yes and you feast upon lies and iniquity and come here like a whiny lil bitch :clap2:

Where are all the "black faces" from the murders in Chicago and Detroit? If you want to talk about real terrorism..... how many blacks hide every day in these cities, praying that their loved ones and themselves will not be shot at the hands of their black "youths"? How many of these cities are losing tourists' dollars because those that can travel, want no part of going into these cities where you can be "shot" standing on the street minding your own business.

All those faces you posted, how many did the community pitch in and catch? They didn't leave it to the police; they didn't shut the police out, they assisted in catching these men. Why can't the black communities in these terrorist zones in the urban areas do the same thing?

Egads, is there no end to you blaming "white people" for every problem in your life? I never stated that "blacks" started the problem (but if you want to go back to "African tribes", there was a "violence problem" there, as well). The black communities in the major cities operate relatively free of "whites". Why aren't they coming together, and dealing with the violence, from "within"? Why is it, when police are in the communities to solve crimes, doors are slammed in their faces, and then the communities cry they are not treated "the same"? It is time to put on your big boy pants and start dealing with "your" community, yourself. Blaming other people is keeping you in a perpetual victim mode, where you just sit and cry, instead of being proactive in changing the situations.

Totally laughable. Why must you always go back to Africa, as if there is something inherently wrong with African peoples and their descendants? Big boy pants? Never took them off. No, blaming the responsible people is not "playing the victim", but calling those into responsibility. Nice spin, though.
And the problems in my life are relatively (and thankfully) "few". This the backlash from trying to demonize me, personally, as a result of being intimidated.

Yes and you feast upon lies and iniquity and come here like a whiny lil bitch :clap2:

Show the lies. Do you even understand "iniquity"?

What about these greyboys with camoflage clothing on running around with assault rifles and autmatic handguns.If they are so bad,why dont they go to these troubled cities and battle with these Blacks with their weapons.Whats wrong no balls,or all you like to do is pick on weak azzed grey boys.huh You so bad Bringit.

Those are spree killers. And as you can see from this list; they occur on all the continents and are perpetrated by all races.

List of rampage killers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:lol:

Gotta love it.

"Spree".

That's what they're called. Or would you rather persist with the misnomer of serial killers?

That's what YOU call it.

Rudolph and McVeigh definitely had a political and religious agenda.

The book's still out on Loughner.

Show the lies. Do you even understand "iniquity"?

Absolutely.

Ah! this board's continued obsession with race issues does grow tedious, doesn't it?

[/QUOTE]"White privilege is knowing that even if the Boston Marathon bomber turns out to be white, his or her identity will not result in white folks generally being singled out for suspicion by law enforcement, or the TSA, or the FBI."[/QUOTE]

Utter bull shit. White folks are singled out all the time.

White privilege is just something jealous black folks made up.

Really? Then why is a white man preaching it? Tim Wise » About

Dismiss him if you can.

really it's easy.

Uncle Tim makes money from white guilt and the persecution complex of minorities, especially blacks.

Uncle Tim????? Interesting. I imagine you are likening him to a "white Uncle Tom" (a "black" Uncle Tom would be a panderer and a suppliant to whites, while a "white" Uncle Tim, obviously would pander and be suppliant to blacks.....)
And whatever would whites have to feel guilty about? Did they do something that would warrant "guilt"? Persecution complex of minorities? What reason would minorities have to feel "persecuted"?

Really? Then why is a white man preaching it? Tim Wise » About

Dismiss him if you can.

really it's easy.

Uncle Tim makes money from white guilt and the persecution complex of minorities, especially blacks.

Uncle Tim????? Interesting. I imagine you are likening him to a "white Uncle Tom" (a "black" Uncle Tom would be a panderer and a suppliant to whites, while a "white" Uncle Tim, obviously would pander and be suppliant to blacks.....)
And whatever would whites have to feel guilty about? Did they do something that would warrant "guilt"? Persecution complex of minorities? What reason would minorities have to feel "persecuted"?

The fact that you propagate and validate terms like Uncle Tom in the first place, speaks to your entrenched racism.

really it's easy.

The fact that you propagate and validate terms like Uncle Tom in the first place, speaks to your entrenched racism.

No, in fact, "it doesn't". Did I author the term? No. It describes a black who panders to and is subservient to whites (like the old slave in "Uncle Tom's Cabin", by Harriet Beecher Stowe)

No, in fact, "it doesn't". Did I author the term? No. It describes a black who panders to and is subservient to whites (like the old slave in "Uncle Tom's Cabin", by Harriet Beecher Stowe)

That term made sense in that context. Now, you routinely apply it to accomplished individuals who pursue dignified agendas that are counter to your sloth.

Forum List

Back