Texans can now openly carry guns in public without a permit or training...CNN: "Police say the new law makes it harder to do their jobs"

what happened to my body my choice???

guess that only matters when a women wants to kill her child,,

Mental illness is a disease. If someone, in a rational state of mind, wants to end their life, it is their choice.

Mental illness is a disease. If someone, in a rational state of mind, wants to end their life, it is their choice.
you would know all about mental illness first hand,,

so why are you saying they cant have a gun because they will commit suicide??

By all means…

Let untrained and uncleared morons run around with guns
Driving while texting causes far more fatalities per capita than guns. I leave cellphones at home, and my gun is used only to shoot water mocassins, rattlers, coral snakes and copperheads that meet at twilight time at the pond. The little gun never leaves my farmstead, and I avoid going out at day's beginning and day's end. Why worry since most people don't use guns when they are not needed as a chore.

We just honor the Second Amendment rights in Texas. that's all.

Crime went up in St Louis, MO when the same was done here.

You don't know what you are talking about......

As for Everytown’s claims, just take a look at what’s happened in Florida since they “weakened their permitting process” in 1987. From 1988 to 2019, the state’s homicide rate declined from 11.1 to 5.2 per 100,000; a drop of more than 50%. Similarly, overall violent crime rates fell from a whopping 1,117.7 in 1988 to 378.4 in 2019. At the same time, the number of Floridians with concealed carry licenses grew from 0 to nearly 2,000,000.

Arizona adopted Constitutional Carry in 2010, and since then its homicide rate has fallen from 6.4 to 5.0 per 100,000. In Kansas the homicide rate has declined from 4.3 to 3.6 per 100k in the first three years that the law was in place. During that same time period, murders in “may issue” Maryland rose from 8.0 to 9.0 per 100k.

They do? So all of the people I know who committed suicide by drugs were the exception?

The only thing relative about you is the the fact that you are relatively stupid.
He is right you know. Most suicide attempts with drugs fail. Most with guns are successful.

In 2019, firearms accounted for 50.39% of all suicide deaths.

Florida had a 3-day waiting period. It performed no function except waste gasoline.
You know this how?

I stand corrected on the rates, but my point still stands concerning suicides and gun ownership.
there is no correlation; you are mixing apples and oranges when comparing US and Japanese suicide rates. Guns matter here, they are not a factor in Japan.

He is right you know. Most suicide attempts with drugs fail. Most with guns are successful.

With drugs, you have an hour to change your mind
With a gun, you have a split second to change your mind

cool...now go back to your 2A echochamber moron, since you can't possibly concrie of using very moderate gun control measures to lower suicide rates here.
You cannot demonstrate that any of the resritction syou seek for the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms by the law abiding will do anything to reduce suicide rates .

I don't hate guns and I'm a gun owner. I just hate psychopathic gun nuts like you who oppose any restrictions whatsoever, no matter what.
I oppose unnecessary and ineffective restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms by the law abiding.
Don't you?

I didn't say all guns,,,
You said:
"That's why no one should have access to weapons capable of killing many in just minutes."
Every mass shooting ever committed in the US -- except one -- could have been equally perpetrated with a pump-action shotgun - or a revolver.
Thus, you want to ban all guns.

In 2019, firearms accounted for 50.39% of all suicide deaths.

You know this how?

I lived in Florida!

Forum List

Back