Texas billionaire H. Ross Perot dies aged 89

The only conservative I ever voted for for president
Rest in peace sir.

DALLAS (AP) — H. Ross Perot, the colorful, self-made Texas billionaire who rose from a childhood of Depression-era poverty and twice ran for president as a third-party candidate, has died. He was 89.

Perot, whose 19% of the vote in 1992 stands among the best showings by an independent candidate in the past century, died early Tuesday at his home in Dallas surrounded by his devoted family, family spokesman James Fuller said.

As a boy in Texarkana, Texas, Perot delivered newspapers from the back of a pony. He earned his billions in a more modern way, however — by building Electronic Data Systems Corp., which helped other companies manage their computer networks.
https://news.yahoo.com/texas-billionaire-h-ross-perot-142222286.html?.tsrc=notification-brknews

Although unless the Democrats nominate Sanders , Gabbard or maybe Warren, then Trump may be the 2nd conservative I vote for.

Last edited:
Had 3 choices in '92.

Clinton, Bush, and Perot.

Perot got my vote.

Its incredible that still after all these years the sheep just dont get it that both parties are corrupt and one in the same,that the establishment did not care if Bush or clinton got in just as long as one of them did.they dont get it that Perot never had a prayer of a chance of winning or another independent gary johnson will never have a chance as an independent to win,since they are not part of the corrupt two party err,ONE PARTY SYSTEM we have.:rolleyes:

Things today would have been so much better had Perot been elected over Clinton.Unlike Clinton and Bush,HE was against NAFTA.:thup:

Had 3 choices in '92.

Perot got my vote.
I believe that he actually had a good shot at winning had he not dropped out of the race. He did get back in the race, but then all he could do is be the spoiler for Bush 41 and help Clinton be 42.

I can almost still hear that large sucking sound.

Its incredible that still after all these years the sheep just dont get it that both parties are corrupt and one in the same,that the establishment did not care if Bush or clinton got in just as long as one of them did.they dont get it that Perot never had a prayer of a chance of winning or another independent gary johnson will never have a chance as an independent to win,since they are not part of the corrupt two party err,ONE PARTY SYSTEM we have.:rolleyes:

Things today would have been so much better had Perot been elected over Clinton.Unlike Clinton and Bush,HE was against NAFTA.:thup:
The only conservative I ever voted for for president I should say . .
(Reform Party is basically conservative/ libertarian)

He was quite the pioneer. His team sure pulled off a great coup in getting hostages out of Iran.

Had 3 choices in '92.

Perot got my vote.
I believe that he actually had a good shot at winning had he not dropped out of the race. He did get back in the race, but then all he could do is be the spoiler for Bush 41 and help Clinton be 42.

I can almost still hear that large sucking sound.
I just heard on TV that Perot was leading in the polls in July 92 over Bush and Clinton. If I remember correctly, he dropped out of the race because of threats to his family.

Good Riddance -

Without him The Clintons are never thrusted upon the rest of us.
They remain Local Yocals for the rest of their days.

Last edited:
Was never a fan and thanks to him for helping Bill Clinton, but he looks freaking brilliant compared to trumpy poo.

The only Republican I ever voted for.
Rest in peace sir.

DALLAS (AP) — H. Ross Perot, the colorful, self-made Texas billionaire who rose from a childhood of Depression-era poverty and twice ran for president as a third-party candidate, has died. He was 89.

Perot, whose 19% of the vote in 1992 stands among the best showings by an independent candidate in the past century, died early Tuesday at his home in Dallas surrounded by his devoted family, family spokesman James Fuller said.

As a boy in Texarkana, Texas, Perot delivered newspapers from the back of a pony. He earned his billions in a more modern way, however — by building Electronic Data Systems Corp., which helped other companies manage their computer networks.
https://news.yahoo.com/texas-billionaire-h-ross-perot-142222286.html?.tsrc=notification-brknews

I understand many have a negative opinion of Perot & I understand many of the reasons for this but I voted for Ross in 1992.
Perot did himself no favors by dropping out of the race; the reason reportedly being Perot thought Republicans were going to carry out a false campaign to expose his daughter Carolyn as a lesbian to ruin Carolyn's wedding in August, 1992. I attended the reception which was held @ The Meyerson Symphony Center, and Carolyn didn't strike me as being a lesbian.
Ross provided a lot of employment opportunities for a lot of Americans over the years, was married to one woman for 63 years, was a proud father, and a respected member of the community. Ross was a self-made man, and he wasn't the only billionaire residing on Straight Lane in Preston Hallow but he was likely the most respected of the several. Ross was 'old school' and America just lost a real man, and quite a character. RIP Ross ......

He was the baddest CEO in the history of mankind. When Iran took his employees hostage, he hired mercenaries to bust them out and then smuggled everyone out of the country. That dude is a GANGSTER!

https://taskandpurpose.com/texas-billionaire-led-private-commando-raid-amid-iranian-revolution
He was the first Trump. He was an independent warrior.

Had he been president things would have remained the same. It makes no difference who you idiots vote in. They're just show pieces for those who own you flag waving slaves. tRump is fantastic because he's comical.. Kinda like having Robin Wolliams as pResident Mork or maybe Letterman. Carson would have been a good president

Carsons state of the union

Had he been president things would have remained the same. It makes no difference who you idiots vote in. They're just show pieces for those who own you flag waving slaves. tRump is fantastic because he's comical.. Kinda like having Robin Wolliams as pResident Mork or maybe Letterman. Carson would have been a good president

Carsons state of the union

Funny how you guys think. Actually, people like you are why nothing changes.

Forum List

Back