Texas DA to request reversal of pardon for former Army soldier who fatally shot BLM protester

Actually. Everything he wrote is accurate. As I wrote above. Perry rolled down his window before he started shooting. If it was an immediate threat that required deadly force, how did he have time to roll the window down? Why did he say in the interview that he was afraid the guy with the rifle would aim at him. How did a Veteran with combat experience not see that the AK was on Safe? The switch is huge and can’t be manipulated without removing a hand from something to do it.
rioter illegally blocking the streets he had a right to use

He had just dropped off a ride-share customer and turned onto a street filled with protesters. He said he was trying to get past the crowd and fired his pistol THEN Foster pointed a rifle at him.

Could have turned around which most people would have done.

Doesn't matter. Texas is not a "duty to retreat" state. You have no duty to retreat from somewhere you legally are, such as a public road.

omg. for crying out loud. the dude was defending himself. course the da is black and a liberal. this is crazy.
The trouble I have with nullifying a pardon is the subsequent double jeopardy that would occur which is against the law as I understand trying a person once again and is not permitted.

omg. for crying out loud. the dude was defending himself. course the da is black and a liberal. this is crazy.

Defending himself?

He ran a red light, drove his car into a bunch of people.

He made posts on social media saying he wanted to shoot protesters.

Why was he there? He was there to cause trouble. He said he believed the man (he killed) was going to aim the gun at him. So, he HADN'T aimed the gun at him. He was merely stopped by a guy who had a gun.

If that's justifiable, if that's self defense, then you're allowed to kill ANYONE in Texas who has a gun on them.

Forum List

Back