Texas Files Lawsuit at SCOTUS Against GA, PA, MI, and WI

When it refers to election laws, it refers only to state election laws. Please quote anywhere it does otherwise. All elections in this country are run by states.
1233796371590.gif
I knew you couldn't quote anything.
LOLOL

Why do you think it's my job to educate you?? :cuckoo:

"This is about Texas challenging state laws, BECAUSE I WANT IT TO BE!!! FUCK EVERYTHING THAT HAS TOLD ME REPEATEDLY THAT THIS IS ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION, BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THAT THING!!!"

No, it's because they don't have standing, dumbass.

It's like CA suing TX for allowing fracking.

God you guys are stupid.
See page 15 for standing....

"The constitutional failures of Defendant States injure Plaintiff States because [the right of suffrage is denied]."

The right to suffrage isn't denied. The folks in Texas got to vote.

The idea that you've lost your right to sufferage if your candidate loses is silly.
You aren't thinking if you think it is simple. I hope that is an exception for you, and not the norm.

If states illegally change their voting rules, such that the election outcome is changed, all of the people in other states who voted for other candidates have effectively had their votes nullified, illegally.

It's somewhat analogous to water rights of states that share the same river. If an upstream state builds a dam, the other states still have access to the river basin, but when they turn on their taps, they don't get as much water as before.

And the proper forum for recourse is the Supreme Court.

It's my opinion that the Dems in some states used the plandemic to illegally steal the election, in violation of their, and the US Constitutions. It's similar to stealing the river water that adjacent states share.

Virginia also changed its voting regulations this year, rather dramatically, but they did it through the legislature, consistent with the Constitution.

Regards,
Jim

The issues of whether or not the voting rules were changed 'illegally' has already been adjudicated by the States themselves. The answer was a resounding 'No'.

State voting laws, adjudication and implementation are self contained. They don't involve any other State. And no other State has standing in them.
So sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

I'm not the target audience for this Theater for Dipshits. Nor am I laughing at the show.

I'm laughing at the audience.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

I'm not the target audience for this Theater for Dipshits. Nor am I laughing at the show.

I'm laughing at the audience.
So sit back, relax and enjoy the show.
Nah, I'm enjoying laughing at the audience of this Theater for Dipshits entirely too much.

Plus, the gloating after.
Fine...I'm sure that after Biden destroys all those new businesses in Black areas, you will help pay their bills.

Biden should probably be paying some bills to you.....as he's living rent free in your head.
I have to admit that I, unlike you, feel for the less fortunate who have started local businesses since after Trump's Small Business Tax Break.
Perhaps you are a self-serving scumbag?
You tell me.

Or....perhaps silly attempts at insults are all you have left as you abandon the topic of the thread.

You stick with your 'feelings'. I'll stick with mocking this steaming pseudo-legal turd of a lawsuit from Texas. And its intended audience.

Deal?
I deal with economic reality...every strata of America has done better under Trump than under any other President.
You're the one who claims you hate (a feeling) him and can't specify a reason.

When you start at your opponent's 5 yard line, it is not too hard to score. The unemplyment rats was under 5 when Trump took office. Trump has never hard a yearly GDP over 3%.
He's the only president on record to accomplish that. He's also never had a quarter of GDP growth rech 4%.

The complaint itself is hypocritical. It complains that state courts can't change laws governing elections but simultaneously asks the SCOTUS to suspend laws governing safe harbor and the meeting of the electoral college.
Courts are not supposed to change laws. That is a function of the legislature.

Only commie marxist globalists want to rule a nation through the courts, just like they did in Nazi Germany for illegitimate Hitler. Joe Biden is illegitimate and is a Senile Puppet of China, Big Tech, and Russia, The UN and should not be allowed within 200 yards of The White House ever.
LOLOL

Stumpy, the Texas lawsuit is asking for the SCOTUS to extend the Dec. 14 deadline for certification of presidential electors, i.e., change the law. Which they can't do.

Glad to see even you think this lawsuit is bogus, even if you still don't know why you think that.
If GA can do it, then why can't SCOTUS?

Georgia changed no laws.

Why would Republicans object to a primarty that didn't affect them? That's a bogus argument, just like all your other arguments.
LOLOLOLOL

You're such a fucking moron, you don't even realize you just propped up my point in a 24K golden frame.

:dance:

Fucking moron, if it was unconstitutional, it doesn't matter if it's Democrats or Republicans. If it was unconstitutional, it would have been unconstitutional for all political parties.

It also foretold the future. Biden got more votes than Trump in the Pennsylvania primary.

Biden - 1,264,624

Trump - 1,053,616

This is a joke right? Trump was the incumbent who had no opponents in the primary. Yet he received historically high primary votes across the country. In previous primaries incumbent presidents regularly receive less votes than candidates from the opposing party, for example, Romney received more votes in the Republican primary than Obama (incumbent) for the Democrats.

Biden had no opposition either as Sanders had dropped out.

Untrue. The legislature can delegate that authority to other bodies such as in Michigan where voters can initiate a proposition that can be voted on by voters. The proposition won by a 2-1 margin. That allowed no-excuse mail in balloting in Michigan.
FALSE. What you are alleging, is in violation of the US Constitution Article 2, section 1, and the state (Sect of State, Governor, etc) can neither bypass the legislature, or pass laws to allow that, or have the legislature delegate its power to non-legislative entity.

The US Constitution is the law of the land. If it could be changed any time some state officials feel like it , we wouldn't have a US Constitution at all.

The Constitution has entrusted the states to determine their electors in a presidential election. Consistent with Michigan law, the State of Michigan has certified its presidential vote and the election in Michigan is over. The challenge here is an unprecedented one, without factual foundation or a valid legal basis. This Court should summarily dismiss the motion to file the bill of complaint. To do otherwise would make this Court the arbiter of all future national elections.
The Trumpets can't stop breathing their own entrails without understanding the meaning of the actions of the AG's under Trump's spell...Trump's word is worthless to me and the Supreme Court will agree that these allegations are not a solid basis to disenfranchise millions of voters because one man is throwing a tantrum....
It will not end well...

What exactly are they doing unconstitutionally to disenfranchise all the voters?
I'll answer that with the words of the Texas AG who initiated the suit, with the exact answer to your question in bold print.

“The four states exploited the COVID-19 pandemic to justify ignoring federal and state election laws and unlawfully enacting last-minute changes, thus skewing the results of the 2020 General Election,”

“The battleground states flooded their people with unlawful ballot applications and ballots while ignoring statutory requirements as to how they were received, evaluated and counted. Those changes are inconsistent with relevant state laws and were made by non-legislative entities, without any consent by the state legislatures,The acts of these officials thus directly violated the Constitution."

“Trust in the integrity of our election processes is sacrosanct and binds our citizenry and the States in this Union together. Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin destroyed that trust and compromised the security and integrity of the 2020 election. The states violated statutes enacted by their duly elected legislatures, thereby violating the Constitution. By ignoring both state and federal law, these states have not only tainted the integrity of their own citizens’ vote, but of Texas and every other state that held lawful elections."

The complaint itself is hypocritical. It complains that state courts can't change laws governing elections but simultaneously asks the SCOTUS to suspend laws governing safe harbor and the meeting of the electoral college.
Courts are not supposed to change laws. That is a function of the legislature.

Only commie marxist globalists want to rule a nation through the courts, just like they did in Nazi Germany for illegitimate Hitler. Joe Biden is illegitimate and is a Senile Puppet of China, Big Tech, and Russia, The UN and should not be allowed within 200 yards of The White House ever.
LOLOL

Stumpy, the Texas lawsuit is asking for the SCOTUS to extend the Dec. 14 deadline for certification of presidential electors, i.e., change the law. Which they can't do.

Glad to see even you think this lawsuit is bogus, even if you still don't know why you think that.
If GA can do it, then why can't SCOTUS?
Georgia didn't extend that date, fucking moron. You should know that since today is only the 10th.
Where did I say it did extend the date. How could GA possibly extend the safe harbor date? GA did change its election laws, however. Rather, that spineless cuck governor and the douchebag SOS did.

No they did not.

So now we have 17 states joining with Texas. Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, and West Virginia joined with Missouri to file an amicus brief supporting Texas.

The Hilbilly states of America.
The Blue and Red States are 99% hillbillys.

There is a trend. Biden won Georgia because of the suburban vote which voted for a Republican governor just 6 years ago. It will only get worse as rural states lose voters while the suburbs gain voters. The states that went to Trump are at the bottom in education. The red states are hillbillies.
Teachers and non-MD Health Care Workers are not quite the most highly educated.
You Liberals flatter yourselves way too much but you can get away with that because you hang out with each other.

Trump supporters are the dumbest people on the planet.

And that is a GOOD thing, trust me.
All the sophisticated people I know want to live with the hillbillys when they retire.

Or, with each other as they slowly shift States Blue.

Ask Texas, Georgia and Arizona.
That's what happens when Liberals are afraid of the Blue War Zone they created and they flee to Safe States.
Of course, these Liberals are still Mentally Ill and turn the Safe State into yet another Blue War Zone.

Or they sell their homes from States with high property values for tons of money and move to States with low property values and live large.

Its a similar situation for ex-pats moving to say, Mexico.

Yeah, that's why Elan Musk told CA to pound sand and moved to TX, yep, must be. LMAO

Elon Musk isn't who is turning Arizona, Georgia and Texas blue.

No, that would be all the other refugees flooding out of the shining example of the shit policies you cherish. Granted, many of them are still too stupid from being "educated" by the school policies you also think are spiffy to make the connection between "Where we came from sucked" and "We voted for the policies that made them suck". But hopefully, some of them will eventually learn what a pile of garbage you're espousing, even if you're too brainwashed to do so.

Those four states didn't follow the law in their state. The change in ballot approvals, per law in each of those states, was supposed to go through the state legislature. That didn't happen.

What you have said here is untrue.

No, it's true. It didn't go through state legislatures.

These states followed the relevent laws in their state.

That's a lie, GA required ID from some voters, not from others. In PA some counties allowed voters to cure defective ballots and not in others. Both violates the States and federal due process clauses and State election laws.

The PA curing issue was already adjudicated by the federal courts and found to be perfectly legal. Appeals to the Supreme Court have never received cert.

"Have never received cert . . . in the whole 24 hours since the case was filed. It MUST mean that the Supreme Court agrees with me! It can't be because I'm a fucking moron who doesn't understand time."

It is illegal if it's not a law in the state, and unless the legislature voted to make it a law, then it's illegal. The governor or state courts cannot change the law unilaterally. What part of that don't you get?
Many states grant the chief executive special powers normally held by the legislature, during declared emergencies.

ARTICLE 3 - EMERGENCY POWERS
PART 1 - GOVERNOR
§ 38-3-51 - Emergency powers of Governor

(4) To perform and exercise such other functions, powers, and duties as may be deemed necessary to promote and secure the safety and protection of the civilian population.
Those powers don't apply to election law. The Constitution grants those powers only to the state legislature. How many times does that fact have to pounded into your thick skull?
Sorry but the SC has held that "the legislature" extends to the voters and to the courts as well
Utter bullshit.

Please cite the case.

You're asking for sources? You? Who routinely makes up steaming piles of pseudo-legal horseshit and can never back any of it?

Um, you.

The Trumpets can't stop breathing their own entrails without understanding the meaning of the actions of the AG's under Trump's spell...Trump's word is worthless to me and the Supreme Court will agree that these allegations are not a solid basis to disenfranchise millions of voters because one man is throwing a tantrum....
That's not what's happening. It is PA, GA, WI, and MI that are disenfranchising all the voters of the USA by engaging in illegal UNCONSTITUTIONAL actions, which the other states are not engaging in. They have violated Constitution Article 2 Section 1 ("in such Manner as the Legislature therof may direct")

As for Trump, he is merely reacting normally as one who has had something stolen from him. But it's not just Trump who is the theft victim. It is all of America.

You are the thieves who are trying to steal the election. All state laws were followed. Trump is acting just like a dictatorial thug. Att3empting to seize power in a coup.

So now we have 17 states joining with Texas. Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, and West Virginia joined with Missouri to file an amicus brief supporting Texas.

There is a trend. Biden won Georgia because of the suburban vote which voted for a Republican governor just 6 years ago. It will only get worse as rural states lose voters while the suburbs gain voters. The states that went to Trump are at the bottom in education. The red states are hillbillies.
You Liberals flatter yourselves way too much but you can get away with that because you hang out with each other.

Nah!
In fact, you're proof that Liberals are dumb as dog shit.

What exactly are they doing unconstitutionally to disenfranchise all the voters?
I'll answer that with the words of the Texas AG who initiated the suit, with the exact answer to your question in bold print.

“The four states exploited the COVID-19 pandemic to justify ignoring federal and state election laws and unlawfully enacting last-minute changes, thus skewing the results of the 2020 General Election,”

“The battleground states flooded their people with unlawful ballot applications and ballots while ignoring statutory requirements as to how they were received, evaluated and counted. Those changes are inconsistent with relevant state laws and were made by non-legislative entities, without any consent by the state legislatures,The acts of these officials thus directly violated the Constitution."

“Trust in the integrity of our election processes is sacrosanct and binds our citizenry and the States in this Union together. Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin destroyed that trust and compromised the security and integrity of the 2020 election. The states violated statutes enacted by their duly elected legislatures, thereby violating the Constitution. By ignoring both state and federal law, these states have not only tainted the integrity of their own citizens’ vote, but of Texas and every other state that held lawful elections."

There is nothing unlawful about sending out absentee ballot applications. The courts in Michigan said that state officials acted in a lawful manner. All state laws were followed. Specify which ones were not.

Nah!

Trump supporters like you prove that dogshit is smarter than you are.

Nah!

Be original.
I know that request requires intelligence, so forget I asked.

Untrue. The legislature can delegate that authority to other bodies such as in Michigan where voters can initiate a proposition that can be voted on by voters. The proposition won by a 2-1 margin. That allowed no-excuse mail in balloting in Michigan.
FALSE. What you are alleging, is in violation of the US Constitution Article 2, section 1, and the state (Sect of State, Governor, etc) can neither bypass the legislature, or pass laws to allow that, or have the legislature delegate its power to non-legislative entity.

The US Constitution is the law of the land. If it could be changed any time some state officials feel like it , we wouldn't have a US Constitution at all.

Yes they can. Michigan among other states allow voter propositions to be voted on and are bound by them. You lose. The US Constitution does not come into play. State legislatures can delegate their legislative powers to others.

Nah!

Be original.
I know that request requires intelligence, so forget I asked.

You are original. You are a original moron. You have been forgotten.

Forum List

Back