Texas Governor Gregg Abbott Says New Laws to Be Passed After Elementary School Shooting

THis shooting was the result of one stupid teacher leaving a door open to the outside and another teacher leaving her classroom doors open.

"Texas" had nothing to do with it.
This shooting had a lot more elements to it than open doors.

Since that is likely how he was able to enter the building, and they didn't have a police resource officer...how is that "diverting attention to something else...?" Had the door been locked, those teachers could have locked their classroom doors before he entered the building....
How is it diverting?! well because the topic had been gun control and mental health laws. You’re diverting to blame a traumatized teacher. I thought that was pretty obvious… And douchey

How is it diverting?! well because the topic had been gun control and mental health laws. You’re diverting to blame a traumatized teacher. I thought that was pretty obvious… And douchey
How was she traumatized when she propped and left the door open?

Like what?

Well a mentally I’ll kid with a gun who shot his grandma and posted about shooting a school for starters. I know I know minor details but maybe just a tad bit relevant don’t you think??

Guns don't mass murder.
My comment above had nothing to do with that question on guns.

Guns facilitate mass murder and in my opinion the AR type weapons accomplish that better and quicker than any other civilian firearm.

The particular weapon in question being black is also a factor, as compared to a comparable weapon with a wood stock IMO. I've explained that elsewhere.

Well a mentally I’ll kid with a gun who shot his grandma and posted about shooting a school for starters. I know I know minor details but maybe just a tad bit relevant don’t you think??

I'd say having unimpeded access to the school and a lot to do with it as well.

Last edited:
My comment above had nothing to do with that question on guns.

Guns facilitate mass murder and in my opinion the AR type weapons accomplish that better and quicker than any other civilian firearm.

The particular weapon in question being black is also a factor, as compared to a comparable weapon with a wood stock IMO. I've explained that elsewhere.

The idea should be to address why people kill and what we can do about that as oppose to how they kill. If someone is intent on killing they will do so. What color was the car that the person who drove theirs into a crowd happen to be?

You've obviously never been in either a prison or a school with armed security.
No, I haven't, but I can visualize the situations in prisons in which a shooter would be quite limited on his kill count unless he chose the best situation and opportunity. Then, armed with an AR-15 and enough ammunition, I would suppose he could kill upwards of 30 people at least

The school situation, as we saw with this shooting, killed over 20 and information we already have is that he could have killed many more.
This shooting being an example of an armed guard being a precaution that failed. And of course the police being of no value for an hour.

Can we compare prison security with school security?

NO! that would be pushing the learning environment to the extreme!

I think this is a worthwhile discussion for this board.

The mass media, and the political elites can't decide on a consistent ethical narrative, and you seriously want to blame the American public for "having closed minds?"

Seriously?

6hug4d.jpg
No more 'closed minds' than any other country's people.
The peculiar issues being 'shootings', type of weapon being used, and continuous wars.

The idea should be to address why people kill and what we can do about that as oppose to how they kill.
Yes, of course the reason(s) why they kill is the most important factor by far.
If someone is intent on killing they will do so. What color was the car that the person who drove theirs into a crowd happen to be?
The AR type weapon facilitates the 'large mass' factor. And the black weapon motivates the killer further.
Take a young boy into a gun shop and observe if he's not drawn to the 'black' weapons first? When perhaps he should have been drawn to the weapon that most suits his need.

Wars and weapons of war have huge eye appeal. The further consequences can be explored.

No. Not a Beto supporter and view him as a left wing political opportunist in general. I agree more regulation is needed in Texas, and the country on weapons, but not something I would turn over to a left wing political opportunist. Serious problem, and needs to be address by serious people, but I don't think he is it. I am in Tennessee, not Texas and Texans will have to decide.
Where are the SERIOUS people? All I see are political party party pushers doing what ever it takes to keep our country divided.

Forum List

Back