Texas Governor Leads The Charge

Hossfly

ZIONIST
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 5, 2008
Ft Worth,TX
Hooray for Gov. Abbot. We have enough Republican governors to exact some much needed changes.

AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Texas Governor Greg Abbott is joining the ranks of Republicans who are pushing for the first U.S. constitutional convention in more than 200 years.

Abbott on Friday called on Texas to take the lead in pushing for constitutional amendments that would give states power to ignore federal laws and override decisions by the U.S. Supreme Court.

The idea isn’t new, and successfully assembling a constitutional convention is a long shot.

Doing so would require approval from 34 states, and over the past four decades, more than two dozen states have endorsed the idea at one time or another.

Texas Governor Calls For Convention Of States

Hooray for Gov. Abbot. We have enough Republican governors to exact some much needed changes.

AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Texas Governor Greg Abbott is joining the ranks of Republicans who are pushing for the first U.S. constitutional convention in more than 200 years.

Abbott on Friday called on Texas to take the lead in pushing for constitutional amendments that would give states power to ignore federal laws and override decisions by the U.S. Supreme Court.

The idea isn’t new, and successfully assembling a constitutional convention is a long shot.

Doing so would require approval from 34 states, and over the past four decades, more than two dozen states have endorsed the idea at one time or another.

time has run out for you guys on that

Texas always is sensible. I've mentioned before how much I like Texas, having spent 6 months there....during that time I acquired a very lovely Texan boyfriend.

His opening words to me were "you talk a bit like Marlene Dietrich, let's have a beer"....I mean, what was a girl supposed to do, but just give in? :smoke:

time has run out for you guys on that
Nope, the convention of states clause has no time limit.

HUGE MISTAKE

THE GOVERNMENTS ARE POPULATED BY GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS' BRAINWASHED GOVERNMENT SUPREMACISTS.

When will Texas secede like they promised?

How would this work, could they do this?
They promised they would. They should do it....I'm sure we will let them go as long as they don't do something stupid like fire on a federal installation. It would be a Win/Win for Texas and for the Sane United States.

They promised they would. They should do it....I'm sure we will let them go as long as they don't do something stupid like fire on a federal installation. It would be a Win/Win for Texas and for the Sane United States.

I agree I think it sounds like a good idea. I'm just wondering, the Washington DC crowd would do something to stop it, yes/no?

Texas would approve a secession bill in its legislature, and if is smart, send it to a referendum of all citizens.

If it passes the referendum, then it would petition Congress to approve it. If that happens, then to the President for signature.

YEEEHAAWWW! Welcome back, Jim Crow! We have a table for you right up front, sir.

Please pay no mind to the bloodstains on the floor. Some faggot thought he was special and could eat at the exact same places we do.

WUT?

HOW CAN ANY ONE TAKE THEM SERIOUSLY IF THEY DON'T FIRE UPON A FEDERAL INSTALLATION?!?!?!?!?

Texas has no plans to secede Never had reason. A Constitutional Convention has nothing to do with secession. I don't think any of you Progressive Liberal Pukes read the proposed issues. It is not a river in Egypt.

I recall someone in Texas threatening to secede, but I don't remember them promising. Could you provide a link to that promise and who made it?

Forum List

Back