Texas Governor Leads The Charge

I see that this thread has been hijacked into a meaningless secession discussion. The question as to whether a Constitutional Convention should be convened is a valid one. Those who oppose the idea are generally liberals who want to impose their will on the rest of the country through federal diktat.
You are chasing your tail again.

Get the states to call a convention, and let's see what happens.

COMRADE STARKIEV

WE WILL END UP WITH A "CONSTITUTION" LIKE THE ONE YOU HAD IN THE OLD USSR

WHICH WILL HAVE ONE ARTICLE

WHICH WILL STATE:

WHATEVER THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO DO IS CONSTITUTIONAL THE PEOPLE HAVE NO RIGHTS

Sadly, you're right. Until America comes to her senses and flushes all the Progressive Liberal Pukes (OWG Democrats and RINOS) and puts Patriots in DC.

The states don't have the power.

And there is only one reason why Conty wants a very weak national and states' government. We both know what that it is, Conty, don't we? Son, it ain't agonna happen.

And there is only one reason why Comrade Starkiev wants a powerful central government. We both know what that it is, Comrade, don't we?.
I want a government powerful to make sure people like me make sure people like you can't do what they want. And we have succeeded. :lol: That is never, ever going to change. Say hello to Burke.

And there is only one reason why Conty wants a very weak national and states' government. We both know what that it is, Conty, don't we? Son, it ain't agonna happen.

And there is only one reason why Comrade Starkiev wants a powerful central government. We both know what that it is, Comrade, don't we?.
I want a government powerful to make sure people like me make sure people like you can't do what they want. And we have succeeded. :lol: That is never, ever going to change. Say hello to Burke.
Jake, what Abbott wants is Constitutional The current set-up is un-Constitutional and needs to be corrected.

Hooray for Gov. Abbot. We have enough Republican governors to exact some much needed changes.

AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Texas Governor Greg Abbott is joining the ranks of Republicans who are pushing for the first U.S. constitutional convention in more than 200 years.

Abbott on Friday called on Texas to take the lead in pushing for constitutional amendments that would give states power to ignore federal laws and override decisions by the U.S. Supreme Court.

The idea isn’t new, and successfully assembling a constitutional convention is a long shot.

Doing so would require approval from 34 states, and over the past four decades, more than two dozen states have endorsed the idea at one time or another.

Texas Governor Calls For Convention Of States
Nonsense.

There won't be any 'convention.'

Just because the Constitution prohibits a minority of republican bigots from seeking to disadvantage gay Americans or Muslims Americans isn't 'justification' for a 'convention.'

Your avatar is showing in that one....................

Hmmm..........what do I want...................hmm

Free phone.
Free rent.
Free Food
Free electricity
Free money.
Free Health Care
Free Condoms.
I WANT FREE SHIT........................

OOPS..........Just gave the Dem get out the Vote motto.................so so sorry.:bow2:

Hooray for Gov. Abbot. We have enough Republican governors to exact some much needed changes.

AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Texas Governor Greg Abbott is joining the ranks of Republicans who are pushing for the first U.S. constitutional convention in more than 200 years.

Abbott on Friday called on Texas to take the lead in pushing for constitutional amendments that would give states power to ignore federal laws and override decisions by the U.S. Supreme Court.

The idea isn’t new, and successfully assembling a constitutional convention is a long shot.

Doing so would require approval from 34 states, and over the past four decades, more than two dozen states have endorsed the idea at one time or another.

Nonsense.

Just because the Constitution prohibits a minority of republican bigots from seeking to disadvantage gay Americans or Muslims Americans isn't 'justification' for a 'convention.'

See how the far left drones just come in and run their religious narratives as "facts"..

The funny things is that most of what they spew is what they support in when they vote far left!

If enough states call for a convention, there will be a convention.

My avatar makes fun of the far right 'free shit' brigade, for sure. I am sure I pay several times more in taxes than you make in a year, maybe several years.

All far left drones want the government to dictate to others and rule their lives, that is why you drones always vote far left..

Nonsense.

You think it's about those issues...................................

45074752.jpg

If enough states call for a convention, there will be a convention.

My avatar makes fun of the far right 'free shit' brigade, for sure. I am sure I pay several times more in taxes than you make in a year, maybe several years.
aka................WE MUST OBEY!

Let me think about that for one second.................

wait for it................................

:fu:

You want a powerful central government so

1- it will feed you
2- it will insure you
3- it will clothe you
4- it will quench your thirst
5- it will educate your pikinini.s for free
6- it will operate a central bank which is tied to the Chinese central bank so when they fuck up our stocks will take a massive nosedive

The governor is leading the charge from behind as a good number of other states have already called for a convention while Texas still hasn't.

Alabama joins coalition of states calling for convention to limit federal power

Alabama has become the fourth state to pass legislation calling for a constitutional convention of states to limit the power and jurisdiction of the federal government.

Last week’s move made Alabama the first state to pass such legislation this year after Georgia, Florida, and Alaska which passed the Convention of States resolution in 2014.

RollTide.jpg

I am in total support.

Prohibit Congress from regulating activity that occurs wholly within one State.

Require Congress to balance its budget.

Prohibit administrative agencies--and the unelected bureaucrats that staff them--from creating federal law.

Prohibit administrative agencies--and the unelected bureaucrats that staff them--from preempting state law.

Allow a two-thirds majority of the States to override a U.S. Supreme Court decision.

Require a seven-justice super-majority vote for U.S. Supreme Court decisions that invalidate a democratically enacted law.

Restore the balance of power between the federal and state governments by limiting the former to the powers expressly delegated to it in the Constitution.

Give state officials the power to sue in federal court when federal officials overstep their bounds.

Allow a two-thirds majority of the States to override a federal law or regulation.

Forum List

Back