Texas Governor on Obama gun control: Come and Take it!

"Texas Governor on Obama gun control: Come and Take it!"

Oh, brother – true idiocy.

It's both sad and remarkable that a governor of a state would contrive and attempt to propagate such a ridiculous lie.

No one advocates 'taking' anyone's guns, including the president.

Abbott is indeed a rightwing loon.

The federal government has proclaimed that secession is illegal.
Nope, they have not.

Texas v. White

The federal government proclaimed that states don't have a right to secede.
Don't have the right to secede without permission. I vote we give Texas permission....and give them some lovely parting gifts too.

It wasn't the secession that was a problem...it was the firing on a federal fort that caused issues. The stupid Confederates started something they couldn't finish. :lol:

Your President, Mr. Lincoln, seemed to disagree.
Well, let's see if you know your history. When did Lincoln do something.....after the states seceded? Or after the idiots fired on Fort Sumter? Hmmmm?

Nope, they have not.

Texas v. White

Don't have the right to secede without permission. I vote we give Texas permission....and give them some lovely parting gifts too.

Yes, that's what I said. The federal government has proclaimed that no state may leave the union without permission.

Why haven't those cowards seceded yet?

Nope, they have not.

Texas v. White

Yes, that's what I said. The federal government has proclaimed that no state may leave the union without permission.
I don't think it would be too much trouble to give Texas permission. It's really in everyone's best interest for them to be gone.

Well, let's see if you know your history. When did Lincoln do something.....after the states seceded? Or after the idiots fired on Fort Sumter? Hmmmm?

He committed the act that forced the firing on Fort Sumter by:

A. Refusing to cede the fort to the Confederate States of America even though it was in their territory.

And

B. Attempting to resupply the Fort.

Forum List

Back