Texas Man Cleared of Shooting Burglars

When told to stop they charged the guy with the gun. .....
But hey ignore those minor facts since they are inconvenient for you and your position.

Both were shot in the back while fleeing, Brian points out that an undercover cop saw one suspect turn around towards the shooter then turn away. Both were shot in the back. So where are you getting this "fact" about them charging the shooter?

Both were shot in the back while fleeing, Brian points out that an undercover cop saw one suspect turn around towards the shooter then turn away. Both were shot in the back. So where are you getting this "fact" about them charging the shooter?

That's what I posted earlier. THe undercover cop testified that one of the guys charged/ran towards Horn and then turned away. I'm not justifying his actions, I'm just saying he is within Texas Law.

He turned away when he saw he had a gun.
He was within the law, and the law is right in this instance.

While I don't not doubt for a moment that this guy had a huge boner when he got to shoot fleeing criminals in the back, I'm not going to lose a whole lot of sleep over the death of a couple of home invading illegal aliens.

While I don't not doubt for a moment that this guy had a huge boner when he got to shoot fleeing criminals in the back, I'm not going to lose a whole lot of sleep over the death of a couple of home invading illegal aliens.

If he had shot anyone else, he'd have been indicted and they'd have let the jury decide.

If he had shot anyone else, he'd have been indicted and they'd have let the jury decide.

so, i guess, in texas if you find out your landscaper is an illegal alien, you can just shoot him on your lawn and say you felt threatened by the hedge clippers in his hand.

so, i guess, in texas if you find out your landscaper is an illegal alien, you can just shoot him on your lawn and say you felt threatened by the hedge clippers in his hand.

No doubt. In Florida, we can just mow them down if they're walking down the street.

We've already talked about how that isn't an accurate parallel.

There was no mistaking the intent of these guys. They were burglars. They were blatant and aggressive burglars, who made the mistake of behaving in a threatening manner towards the neighbor before realizing he had a gun.

Dumb mistake.

But now watch the bleeding hearts make it a racial issue. What a load of crap.

Nice attempt at leaps... unfortunately it was like Homer Simpson trying to jump Springfield Gorge with Bart's skateboard

Self defense is not dispensing justice... it is reaction to an immediate situation

And since when was anything said that this was BECAUSE they were illegal aliens or that murder of illegal aliens is justified??? Nice try.... but use of force against a dangerous criminal in a situation that has unknowns is sometimes the right thing to do....

leaps? have you met allie?

Originally Posted by AllieBaba View Post
"Don't bother with the facts...there has been a grave injustice done to our illegal alien criminal brothers! They had every right to burglarize American citizens, and nobody had the right to take that right away from them!

Now they'll miss out on a lifetime of victimizing Americans, while remaining invisible. For shame!"

Last edited:
We've already talked about how that isn't an accurate parallel.

There was no mistaking the intent of these guys. They were burglars. They were blatant and aggressive burglars, who made the mistake of behaving in a threatening manner towards the neighbor before realizing he had a gun.

Dumb mistake.

Allie, you wouldn't know an accurate parallel if it was running up your backside.

in my very first post on this subject, i said the shooter did not know whether or not they were illegal aliens or american citizens.

let's assume they were american citizens...would you feel differently about the end result? i do not believe the shooter was acting in self defense...he was not in imminent danger.

Last edited:
Allie, you wouldn't know an accurate parallel if it was running up your backside.

Shooting somebody who has just burglarized your neighbor and moved threateningly towards you is not parallel to shooting the gardener because he's using hedge clippers.

You didn't just watch the gardener commit a felony, nor did he behave menacingly towards you. Plus, you know him and would expect him to have garden tools.

Which you know, but don't care because you are trying to cloud the issue. Whenever the left doesn't like something but can't really make an argument against it, they accuse whoever they don't agree with of racism.

Typical. And the reason racism is a problem here.

Shooting somebody who has just burglarized your neighbor and moved threateningly towards you is not parallel to shooting the gardener because he's using hedge clippers.

You didn't just watch the gardener commit a felony, nor did he behave menacingly towards you. Plus, you know him and would expect him to have garden tools.

Which you know, but don't care because you are trying to cloud the issue. Whenever the left doesn't like something but can't really make an argument against it, they accuse whoever they don't agree with of racism.

Typical. And the reason racism is a problem here.

The way the law is written you could pretend you were frightened and kill your yard man and get away with it. The law is stupid. If he were really defending himself the law wouldn't be needed.

allie, it's about the legal precedent, not just those two individuals who happened to be illegal aliens. what if they had turned out to be american citizens? does that change your view?

Agreed, this sets a really bad legal precedent. Americans now have the right to shoot people and claim they saw that person doing an illegal act.

No calling the cops first. No due process.

Just shoot first and go "Whoops, sorry" later.

Agreed, this sets a really bad legal precedent. Americans now have the right to shoot people and claim they saw that person doing an illegal act.

No calling the cops first. No due process.

Just shoot first and go "Whoops, sorry" later.

Shog better be careful when he lights up.

:rofl:

Forum List

Back