Texas Man Cleared of Shooting Burglars

Also, I just want you gun hating crybabies to know.... Im having a grand ole time watching you freak out because illegal alien burglars were killed while on "the job". Maybe you should stop crying that sky is falling and go get your grassroots effort on?

;)

Yeah, but as dumb as you are you'll forget to check your back and get shot there.

yea yea yea... vent as much as you need to Ravi.... Maybe someone will protect you with a gun someday and you'll get into an argument over how feathers and pillow talk would have worked just as well.

Yeah, but as dumb as you are you'll forget to check your back and get shot there.

Well, it sure as hell won't be some non-gun toting lib that shoots him will it!

I kinda like this ruling, makes it easier to not only spot the sheep but to eat em too.

Well, it sure as hell won't be some non-gun toting lib that shoots him will it!

I kinda like this ruling, makes it easier to not only spot the sheep but to eat em too.

No, it will probably be a gun-toting Progressive that fears his second hand smoke.

No, it will probably be a gun-toting Progressive that fears his second hand smoke.

talk about an oxymoron. GUN TOTING PROGRESSIVE? you have an easier time collecting a snipe, jackalope and a fucking chupacabra than skinning a single example of a gun toting progressive.

But, just so you know, that "progressive" will have made the personal decision to enter the smoke-friendly bar that I am in so he'd better know how to use his peice besides posturing like a fucking poser.

talk about an oxymoron. GUN TOTING PROGRESSIVE? you have an easier time collecting a snipe, jackalope and a fucking chupacabra than skinning a single example of a gun toting progressive.

But, just so you know, that "progressive" will have made the personal decision to enter the smoke-friendly bar that I am in so he'd better know how to use his peice besides posturing like a fucking poser.
If you happen to be smoking legally, no problem. If you aren't, who knows?

allie, it's about the legal precedent, not just those two individuals who happened to be illegal aliens. what if they had turned out to be american citizens? does that change your view?

No, it doesn't. Because people in Texas have the right to defend their homes from intruders, and themselves from attack.

That these guys just happen to be illegals proves that illegals are a problem, as well, and they aren't just flooding the borders to raise their children, collect food stamps and work at jobs that nobody else wants.

according to the law, he can't shoot any burglar unless it is night time....?

Under Texas law, people may use deadly force to protect their own property or to stop arson, burglary, robbery, theft or criminal mischief, at night.

wasn't this broad daylight?

and how come the stories on this NEVER MENTIONED a detective on site when he shot them early on? no news reported such....?

this was a burglary, NOT EVEN A ROBBERY.....for goodness sakes!

i feel sorry for mr horn, but this should have gone to trial ACCORDING TO the 3 laws posted by Brian, he met none of those scenarios, with his testimony or his voice as witness, on tape....

if it went to trial, he could have plead temporary insanity....cuz he DEFINATELY had lost his mind, IF YOU LISTEN to the full tape....and he planned on killing them for committing the burglary. HE DID NOT even know THIS neighbor....he would have killed them SOONER if it had been the neighbor on his other side, who he did know...... :(

so, if these were 2 white, American 18 year olds, WOULD Mr horn have not been in the very least tried for this possible vigilante crime?

care

Last edited:
so, i guess, in texas if you find out your landscaper is an illegal alien, you can just shoot him on your lawn and say you felt threatened by the hedge clippers in his hand.

If your landscaper is crawling in and out of your bedroom window with a big sack of your stuff and hedge-clippers....YES MA'AM.

allie, it's about the legal precedent, not just those two individuals who happened to be illegal aliens. what if they had turned out to be american citizens? does that change your view?

There is no legal precedent set by this. This case was not adjudicated, this is just a grand jury refusing to indict.

in my very first post on this subject, i said the shooter did not know whether or not they were illegal aliens or american citizens.

let's assume they were american citizens...would you feel differently about the end result? i do not believe the shooter was acting in self defense...he was not in imminent danger.

Still, the loss of two criminals--who were also part of a larger Houston burglary ring--does not really sadden me.

There's no point in talking sense. They see the guy who protected himself as the bad guy, and the criminals as the victims, and no amount of talking will change their minds because they know that all Americans are baaaaddddd....

Under Texas law, people may use deadly force to protect their own property or to stop arson, burglary, robbery, theft or criminal mischief, at night.

wasn't this broad daylight?

and how come the stories on this NEVER MENTIONED a detective on site when he shot them early on? no news reported such....?

this was a burglary, NOT EVEN A ROBBERY.....for goodness sakes!

i feel sorry for mr horn, but this should have gone to trial ACCORDING TO the 3 laws posted by Brian, he met none of those scenarios, with his testimony or his voice as witness, on tape....

if it went to trial, he could have plead temporary insanity....cuz he DEFINATELY had lost his mind, IF YOU LISTEN to the full tape....and he planned on killing them for committing the burglary. HE DID NOT even know THIS neighbor....he would have killed them SOONER if it had been the neighbor on his other side, who he did know...... :(

so, if these were 2 white, American 18 year olds, WOULD Mr horn have not been in the very least tried for this possible vigilante crime?

care

What really makes you wonder is what if it had been his neighbor breaking into his own house because he forgot his key? I understand the neighbor was Vietnamese.

Agreed, this sets a really bad legal precedent. Americans now have the right to shoot people and claim they saw that person doing an illegal act.

No calling the cops first. No due process.

Just shoot first and go "Whoops, sorry" later.

I think the only thing that saved this guy was the testifying of the cops who SAW him shoot. Had he just shot someone walking in the street or walking through his yard. If you take the same two guys, and just have them walking through his yard (not doing anything bad) and a Cop wasn't there to see the shooting. Joe Horn would be in Prison right now. THey would not have just taken his word for it if the evidence didn't point to illegal activity. IF you use Glori.B's scenario and shoot your gardener with hedge-clipers because you find out he's an illegal alien, and the cops show up and don't find that your gardener was doing anything illegal, there would have been a different turnout IMO.

He knows his neighbor. Why would he attack his NEIGHBOR, WHO HE KNOWS?
If it wasn't so pathetic, it would be funny watching people try to turn this into a racial thing.

There's no point in talking sense. They see the guy who protected himself as the bad guy, and the criminals as the victims, and no amount of talking will change their minds because they know that all Americans are baaaaddddd....

Wrong. All three in the equation are probably bad guys. But since two of them were killed without a trial, we'll never really know if this nimrod coward that shot them in the back was telling the truth about anything that happened.

I see that you, like RGS, like to apply presumption of innocence only when it suits you.

I think the only thing that saved this guy was the testifying of the cops who SAW him shoot. Had he just shot someone walking in the street or walking through his yard. If you take the same two guys, and just have them walking through his yard (not doing anything bad) and a Cop wasn't there to see the shooting. Joe Horn would be in Prison right now. THey would not have just taken his word for it if the evidence didn't point to illegal activity. IF you use Glori.B's scenario and shoot your gardener with hedge-clipers because you find out he's an illegal alien, and the cops show up and don't find that your gardener was doing anything illegal, there would have been a different turnout IMO.

Yes, because the guy didn't shoot them because they were Hispanic. He shot them because he'd just watched them commit a burglary, they'd behaved menacingly, and they refused to stop when told to do so.

Tough break for the bad guys. Next subject.

I don't think this is accurate. Two of the acts specified have to be at night. The rest don't appear to be limited.

Looks to me like the guy falls under 9.42(2)(B), 9.42(3)(A), and 9.43(1).

Why? It becomes the shooter's word against a dead person. How would you prove the shooters thoughts were true or not true? This is almost like hate crime legislation in a twisted sort of way. You can kill someone because of what you think.

He knows his neighbor. Why would he attack his NEIGHBOR, WHO HE KNOWS?
If it wasn't so pathetic, it would be funny watching people try to turn this into a racial thing.
Lots of people feud with and kill their neighbors. Why give them an out?

Forum List

Back