Texas Man Fathers Child With His Own Daughter, Arrested For Sexual Abuse

Few were whining for gay marriage 30 years ago. We just need a bit more often opening of the American mind....

You are clinging to your strawman, aren't you? People changed their opinion of what consenting adults do. In this case, that does not apply. But keep ranting about pedophiles and gays being the same. I'm sure Stevie can use the company.

His point about how rapid change is, is valid.

People did not change "their view of what consenting adults do" they had their views of right and wrong changed.

The definition of what is considered a consenting adult has changed in my lifetime, who is to say it won't change again.

Indeed, it is likely to.

And I have no problem with views changing concerning consenting adults. But this case is not about consenting adults.

Also, we have become much more accepting of various sexual activities and sexualities. But at the same time we have become more and more protective of children. So the trend has been moving towards greater protections of children, not lesser.

All you have to do is drop the age of "consenting"...how difficult is that when you're slouching toward Gomorrah?

Honestly, I see more conservative posters wanting to "drop the legal age of consent" than liberals. :D I've seen many supposed "Christian conservatives" wanting to lower age of consent, and I've had many arguments with posters about this, yet I support gay marriage. Go figure.

Let's look at some of the recent cases of pedophilia shall we? The Catholic church seems to come to mind. Are they liberals?

Few were whining for gay marriage 30 years ago. We just need a bit more often opening of the American mind....

You are clinging to your strawman, aren't you? People changed their opinion of what consenting adults do. In this case, that does not apply. But keep ranting about pedophiles and gays being the same. I'm sure Stevie can use the company.

People did not change "their view of what consenting adults do" they had their views of right and wrong changed.

The definition of what is considered a consenting adult has changed in my lifetime, who is to say it won't change again.

Indeed, it is likely to.

And I have no problem with views changing concerning consenting adults. But this case is not about consenting adults.

Also, we have become much more accepting of various sexual activities and sexualities. But at the same time we have become more and more protective of children. So the trend has been moving towards greater protections of children, not lesser.
Yes..planned parenthood comes to mind....

Last edited:

Indeed, it is likely to.

I did not say "concerning consenting adults" I said, "what IS a consenting adult".

All you have to do is drop the age of "consenting"...how difficult is that when you're slouching toward Gomorrah?

In an age when we have continually moved the age limits up, for drinking, tobacco use ect, the idea that the age of consent would be lowered below 14 is ridiculous.

Indeed, it is likely to.

Yes..planed parenthood comes to mind....

I have no doubt that it does. Despite the fact that PP has nothing to do with this case or this topic.

In an age when we have continually moved the age limits up, for drinking, tobacco use ect, the idea that the age of consent would be lowered below 14 is ridiculous.

If you had asked someone in 1985 if Gay Marriage would become legal, he might have said the same.

Indeed, it is likely to.

I did not say "concerning consenting adults" I said, "what IS a consenting adult".

The man in the case in the OP was convicted of a crime that involves continuous sexual abuse of a child. The upper age limit on that is 14. I think it is a pretty safe bet that no one of any consequence will push for children 13 and younger to be able to consent to sexual activity, especially with an adult.

If you had asked someone in 1985 if Gay Marriage would become legal, he might have said the same.

And the trends over the last 50 or 60 years has been that of more and more acceptance of sexuality. So it stands to reason that gays would be more and more accepted.

During the same time there have been more and more protective measures for children.

Indeed, it is likely to.

The man in the case in the OP was convicted of a crime that involves continuous sexual abuse of a child. The upper age limit on that is 14. I think it is a pretty safe bet that no one of any consequence will push for children 13 and younger to be able to consent to sexual activity, especially with an adult.

i was talking to this 21 year old kid the other day.

He was expressing his shock and dismay at what 14 year old kids are up to.

This is not the first time I have had this conversation with younger people.

Change builds on itself. What you think of as normal limits, or outside of normal limits might change faster than you think.

And the trends over the last 50 or 60 years has been that of more and more acceptance of sexuality. So it stands to reason that gays would be more and more accepted.

During the same time there have been more and more protective measures for children.

And what if there is a backlash?

Indeed, it is likely to.

i was talking to this 21 year old kid the other day.

He was expressing his shock and dismay at what 14 year old kids are up to.

This is not the first time I have had this conversation with younger people.

Change builds on itself. What you think of as normal limits, or outside of normal limits might change faster than you think.

Probably the same thing people like you said when interracial marriage became "legal" too. Why don't you just mind your business? There is no "movement" except for by perhaps NAMBLA to make child molestation legal. Gay marriage does NOT change the status of children. It's an idiotic strawman. That is all. Two gay people have to be of AGE in order to be married, just like heterosexual couples.

Yes, the priests are probably upset. ;)

How many men are in prison or have had their lives ruined because the drunk chick they hooked up with sobered up and changed her mind?

How many men are in prison or have had their lives ruined because some underage chick lied to them about her age?

Right now, we are in a witch hunt phase. It will end at some point.

How many men are in prison or have had their lives ruined because the drunk chick they hooked up with sobered up and changed her mind?

How many men are in prison or have had their lives ruined because some underage chick lied to them about her age?

I am not, and have not, said any of those things haven't happened.

But the case in the OP is clearly not anything like those examples. So I prefer to stick to the actual topic and things that pertain to it.

There are too many perverts, gays and pedophiles in this country. We don't even know what may we expect of happy loving father.
That's ridiculous and awful. We need a special power of control over these crazy parents.

I am not, and have not, said any of those things haven't happened.

But the case in the OP is clearly not anything like those examples. So I prefer to stick to the actual topic and things that pertain to it.

My point was to support the likelyhood of a backlash at some point.

That pertains to your confidence that things will never change in a direction you don't like.

What does that have to do with my posts? What is your point?

BTW, MOST women would not do such things. That is what happens when you sleep with children. They get angry and report you to the police for raping them. Lol.

Forum List

Back