Texas Open-Carry, Boys and their Deadly Toys.

And here we have rapes going back all the way to 2003 by two brothers who were not boyfriends of the victims, no alcohol, just violent physical assaults....

Chicago Tribune

Women were terrorized and sexually assaulted in their apartments or forced into vehicles by threat of violence in the six attacks, which occurred in the city's Lakeview and Brighton Park neighborhoods and the community areas of North Lawndale and Belmont Cragin, court documents reveal.

Leondo Joseph, arrested Saturday night at his home in the 2500 block of North Halsted Street, is charged in all six attacks, according to records. LB Joseph is charged in the two most recent attacks — in 2011 and 2012. Both brothers also face aggravated kidnapping charges.

Chicago detectives linked the brothers to the assaults through Illinois State Police crime lab examinations of all six assaults, prosecutors said in court at the bond hearing. In addition, some victims have identified the brothers, and Leondo Joseph gave statements regarding some of the cases, prosecutors said.

The number of years covered by the assaults — nine — was noteworthy, though victim's advocates point out that rapists, including in acquaintance assaults, are often repeat offenders.

But the experts also pointed to the fact that Chicago police were not notified by the crime lab until this year that the 2012 case was linked to the other five attacks, which was critical information because in the 2012 attack, Chicago police stopped a vehicle carrying the two brothers, though they were not charged.

And even all your own examples aren't defendable:
In an August 2003 case in Lakeview, the victim was returning home from the bars when she encountered a man outside her building. He helped with her keys and then followed her up to her apartment, where she opened the door and he put his foot out to stop it from closing. She allowed him in for a drink, and he then refused to leave, became physical and sexually assaulted her, officials said.

Com from the bar and let him in.

And had she been carrying a gun she could have stopped him....and before you say not possible....try reading actual stories of attacks stopped with guns...

Because we know how it turned out when she didn't have a gun on her....she was violently raped.....let's see...all 3 of your techniques for gun grabber self defense failed...

1) rely on the kindness of violent criminal rapists....failed

2) rely on the incompetence of violent criminal rapists...failed

3) rely on pure dumb luck to stop the violent criminal rapist...failed.

She needed help with her keys. She wasn't going to defend herself with a gun. You must be joking.

You know the stories as I keep posting them.....had she had a gun it is very likely she could have stopped the attack, that is the beauty of a gun.....she does not have to physically dominate a much stronger, younger, more aggressive violent attacker....drawing the weapon can and has been done during violent wrestling matches and been used to stop attackers even when they have been violently beating their victims...because a gun takes 6 pounds of pressure on a 1 inch piece of metal to cause massive damage to a violent criminal....extremely doable in these situations and it has actually been done in these situations...

You should actually study gun self defense so you know something about what you are spewing....

And the truth and reality.....

Well...actual research on the subject shows that guns are the best way to stop a rape......

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape Womens Voice

This conclusion is drawn from four types of information.

First, a 1989 study (Furby, Journal of Interpersonal Violence) found that both male and female survey respondents judged a gun to be the most effective means that a potential rape victim could use to fend off the assault. Rape "experts" considered it a close second, after eye-gouging.

Second, raw data from the 1979-1985 installments of the Justice Department's annual National Crime Victim Survey show that when a woman resists a stranger rape with a gun, the probability of completion was 0.1 percent and of victim injury 0.0 percent, compared to 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively, for all stranger rapes (Kleck, Social Problems, 1990).

Third, a recent paper (Southwick, Journal of Criminal Justice, 2000) analyzed victim resistance to violent crimes generally, with robbery, aggravated assault and rape considered together.

Women who resisted with a gun were 2.5 times more likely to escape without injury than those who did not resist and 4 times more likely to escape uninjured than those who resisted with any means other than a gun.

Similarly, their property losses in a robbery were reduced more than six-fold and almost three-fold, respectively, compared to the other categories of resistance strategy.

Fourth, we have two studies in the last 20 years that directly address the outcomes of women who resist attempted rape with a weapon. (Lizotte, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 1986; Kleck, Social Problems, 1990.)

The former concludes, "Further, women who resist rape with a gun or knife dramatically decrease their probability of completion." (Lizotte did not analyze victim injuries apart from the rape itself.) The latter concludes that "resistance with a gun or knife is the most effective form of resistance for preventing completion of a rape"; this is accomplished "without creating any significant additional risk of other injury."

The best conclusion from available scientific data, then, is when avoidance of rape has failed and one must choose between being raped and resisting, a woman's best option is to resist with a gun in her hands.
Current Gun Laws Restrict Women's Defense

And again...to focus on the main point....

The best conclusion from available scientific data, then, is when avoidance of rape has failed and one must choose between being raped and resisting, a woman's best option is to resist with a gun in her hands.

Yes...it is better when a woman is attacked on a train, as has happened here in Chicago, or at a bus stop...again in Chicago...no alcohol, no boyfriend or frat boy...just violent sexual predators.....or in a building in Downtown Chicago...no alcohol or boyfriend.......or in colorado 50 feet from the campus police station, or the nurse in her own car who is later drowned by the 2 rapists in her own car....

No alcohol, not asleep, no boyfriend or aqcuaintance......

It is better these women are allowed to be raped than that they stop the rape with a gun...right brain?

Again, the vast majority aren't even defendable with a gun:
There isn't much reality in a pro gun study.
Get the Facts - Rape Crisis Center
44% of victims are under 18 and can't have a gun.
66% committed by someone known to the victim, intimate, relative, friends.

Another 70% involve drugs and alcohol:
As many as 70% of college students admit to having engaged in sexual activity primarily as a result of being under the influence of alcohol, or to having sex they wouldn't have had if they had been sober.

UHS Tang Center

Then there are also women who are attacked while sleeping which isn't defendable with a gun...

Yes...and the women raped in their cars, or taken from bus stops, or raped on trains, or kidnapped and raped in alleys, or 50 feet from the college campus police station...too bad for them........they should be allowed to be raped rather than allow them to stop the rape with a gun....which is the most effective way to stop a rape...of any kind........

they are just unlucky...and must quietly submit so gun grabbers can feel safe and superior to the rest of us...including the women violently raped.......

Sorry but gun is not always the answer. Again most rapes aren't defendable with a gun so guns are not the answer.

Sorry, the gun is the answer for stranger rapes....and to deny women the ability to have a gun to stop a rape is criminal in and of itself....you are condemning these women to those rapes......

Again I have never suggest denying anyone a gun. I am telling you however guns aren't the answer as most aren't defendable with a gun. You see I want rapes to actually go down and you want to sell more guns for your agenda.

I want women to stop violent rapists...you want guns banned which means women can't stop violent rapes.......

And here we have rapes going back all the way to 2003 by two brothers who were not boyfriends of the victims, no alcohol, just violent physical assaults....

Chicago Tribune

Women were terrorized and sexually assaulted in their apartments or forced into vehicles by threat of violence in the six attacks, which occurred in the city's Lakeview and Brighton Park neighborhoods and the community areas of North Lawndale and Belmont Cragin, court documents reveal.

Leondo Joseph, arrested Saturday night at his home in the 2500 block of North Halsted Street, is charged in all six attacks, according to records. LB Joseph is charged in the two most recent attacks — in 2011 and 2012. Both brothers also face aggravated kidnapping charges.

Chicago detectives linked the brothers to the assaults through Illinois State Police crime lab examinations of all six assaults, prosecutors said in court at the bond hearing. In addition, some victims have identified the brothers, and Leondo Joseph gave statements regarding some of the cases, prosecutors said.

The number of years covered by the assaults — nine — was noteworthy, though victim's advocates point out that rapists, including in acquaintance assaults, are often repeat offenders.

But the experts also pointed to the fact that Chicago police were not notified by the crime lab until this year that the 2012 case was linked to the other five attacks, which was critical information because in the 2012 attack, Chicago police stopped a vehicle carrying the two brothers, though they were not charged.

And even all your own examples aren't defendable:
In an August 2003 case in Lakeview, the victim was returning home from the bars when she encountered a man outside her building. He helped with her keys and then followed her up to her apartment, where she opened the door and he put his foot out to stop it from closing. She allowed him in for a drink, and he then refused to leave, became physical and sexually assaulted her, officials said.

Com from the bar and let him in.

And had she been carrying a gun she could have stopped him....and before you say not possible....try reading actual stories of attacks stopped with guns...

Because we know how it turned out when she didn't have a gun on her....she was violently raped.....let's see...all 3 of your techniques for gun grabber self defense failed...

1) rely on the kindness of violent criminal rapists....failed

2) rely on the incompetence of violent criminal rapists...failed

3) rely on pure dumb luck to stop the violent criminal rapist...failed.

She needed help with her keys. She wasn't going to defend herself with a gun. You must be joking.

You know the stories as I keep posting them.....had she had a gun it is very likely she could have stopped the attack, that is the beauty of a gun.....she does not have to physically dominate a much stronger, younger, more aggressive violent attacker....drawing the weapon can and has been done during violent wrestling matches and been used to stop attackers even when they have been violently beating their victims...because a gun takes 6 pounds of pressure on a 1 inch piece of metal to cause massive damage to a violent criminal....extremely doable in these situations and it has actually been done in these situations...

You should actually study gun self defense so you know something about what you are spewing....

She couldn't even handle her keys. She couldn't defend herself with a gun. You can't be serious.

As many as 70% of college students admit to having engaged in sexual activity primarily as a result of being under the influence of alcohol, or to having sex they wouldn't have had if they had been sober.

UHS Tang Center

Then there are also women who are attacked while sleeping which isn't defendable with a gun...

Yes...and the women raped in their cars, or taken from bus stops, or raped on trains, or kidnapped and raped in alleys, or 50 feet from the college campus police station...too bad for them........they should be allowed to be raped rather than allow them to stop the rape with a gun....which is the most effective way to stop a rape...of any kind........

they are just unlucky...and must quietly submit so gun grabbers can feel safe and superior to the rest of us...including the women violently raped.......

Sorry but gun is not always the answer. Again most rapes aren't defendable with a gun so guns are not the answer.

Sorry, the gun is the answer for stranger rapes....and to deny women the ability to have a gun to stop a rape is criminal in and of itself....you are condemning these women to those rapes......

Again I have never suggest denying anyone a gun. I am telling you however guns aren't the answer as most aren't defendable with a gun. You see I want rapes to actually go down and you want to sell more guns for your agenda.

I want women to stop violent rapists...you want guns banned which means women can't stop violent rapes.......

Again you are lying. Please post where I have ever said guns should be banned. Really lies is all you have now?

Again you are lying. Please post where I have ever said guns should be banned. Really lies is all you have now?

No brain...you lie in your posts while you claim you don't want to ban guns.....and I actually have research on my side...like this....and all the other reports I have shown on guns as the best way to stop rape...

http://medind.nic.in/jal/t07/i4/jalt07i4p99.pdf

A New Way to Resist Rape

*Dr. P.K.Chakraborty, **Dr. U.B. Roy Chaudhary, ***Dr. T.K.Bos *Asstt. Prof., Department of FSM. Medical College, Kolkata 700073. W.B. **Assoc. Prof., Department of FSM. Medical College, Kolkata 700073. W.B. ***Prof & Head, Department of FSM. Medical College, Kolkata 700073. W.B.

Women who used knives or guns in self-defence were raped less than 1% of the time. Defensive use of edged or projectile weapons reduced the rate of injury to statistical insignificance[7].

While many of these strategies are very successful by themselves, combinations e.g, shouting and fighting or shouting, fighting and running further increase the chances of avoiding rape.

In one study, one third of the 365 women who encountered sexual assault did successfully avoid sexual contact by offering resistance[8].

No brain...you lie in your posts while you claim you don't want to ban guns.....and I actually have research on my side...like this....and all the other reports I have shown on guns as the best way to stop rape...

A New Way to Resist Rape

*Dr. P.K.Chakraborty, **Dr. U.B. Roy Chaudhary, ***Dr. T.K.Bos *Asstt. Prof., Department of FSM. Medical College, Kolkata 700073. W.B. **Assoc. Prof., Department of FSM. Medical College, Kolkata 700073. W.B. ***Prof & Head, Department of FSM. Medical College, Kolkata 700073. W.B.

Women who used knives or guns in self-defence were raped less than 1% of the time. Defensive use of edged or projectile weapons reduced the rate of injury to statistical insignificance[7].

While many of these strategies are very successful by themselves, combinations e.g, shouting and fighting or shouting, fighting and running further increase the chances of avoiding rape.

In one study, one third of the 365 women who encountered sexual assault did successfully avoid sexual contact by offering resistance[8].

UHS Tang Center

Again, the truth and reality show that women can stop violent rape the best, by using a gun......more than one study shows this...and there is a prison study that interviews prisoners that show they don't attack women they think are armed...trying to find that one....

A New Way to Resist Rape

Again, the truth and reality show that women can stop violent rape the best, by using a gun......more than one study shows this...and there is a prison study that interviews prisoners that show they don't attack women they think are armed...trying to find that one....

A New Way to Resist Rape

Keep in mind your answer also kills women:
Woman kills herself trying to adjust her bra holster New York Post

A New Way to Resist Rape

So your answer is dangerous to the woman:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/31/us/walmart-shooting-by-2-year-old.html?_r=0
Then, shortly before 10:20 a.m. on Tuesday, as the store video cameras recorded the scene, the little boy found a gun in his mother’s purse and it discharged once at near point-blank range from where she stood, less than arm’s length away, said Lt. Stu Miller, a spokesman for the Kootenai County sheriff’s office. She died at the scene, he said, her death appearing to be accidental.

And most rapes aren't even defendable with a gun:

UHS Tang Center

Yes I'd say you are more interested in selling guns than saving anyone.

A New Way to Resist Rape

Yes...my actual research showing guns are the most effective way to stop rape shows you are wrong....now the typical lefty gun grabber tactic.....throw in an accidental gun death.....but sadly for you...I know the stats on that as well...which again show how silly you are...

Population of U.S. 320 million
Number of guns over 320 million
Number of homes with guns....90 million
Number of people carrying guns for self defense....over 11.1 million

Accidental gun deaths in 2013......505

so over 11.1 million people carrying guns for self defense based on permits....and it is over that number because many states do not require government paperwork to carry guns....

over 11.1 million people carrying guns for protection

Accidental gun deaths 505

Your point is stupid brain......

11.1 million vs. 505...

Even though you graduated from a government school controlled by the education wing of the democrat party...even you should know that 11.1 million is greater than 505....do you...or do I need to explain it......

Some info on the elusive Rossi study on prisoners and crime.....

Criminals Fear The Armed . Don t Be A VICTIM THE WAKING GIANT

Through in-depth interviews with 1,874 imprisoned felons conducted between August, 1982, and January, 1983, the government-funded researchers delved into the deep-seated attitudes of criminals on the questions of weapons choice, deterrence, attitudes toward “gun control,” criminal history, and firearms acquisition. The prisoners, studied under a grant from the National Institute of Justice of the U.S. Justice Department, were incarcerated in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada and Oklahoma.

Fifty-six percent of the felons surveyed agreed that “A criminal is not going to mess around with a victim he knows is armed with a gun;” 74% agreed that “One reason burglars avoid houses when people are at home is that they fear being shot.”

A 57% majority agreed that “Most criminals are more worried about meeting an armed victim than they are about running into the police.” In asking felons what they personally thought about while committing crimes, 34% indicated that they thought about getting “shot at by police” or “shot by victim.”

A New Way to Resist Rape

Yes...my actual research showing guns are the most effective way to stop rape shows you are wrong....now the typical lefty gun grabber tactic.....throw in an accidental gun death.....but sadly for you...I know the stats on that as well...which again show how silly you are...

so over 11.1 million people carrying guns for self defense based on permits....and it is over that number because many states do not require government paperwork to carry guns....

And that's 505 more than most countries.

11.1 million vs. 505...

Even though you graduated from a government school controlled by the education wing of the democrat party...even you should know that 11.1 million is greater than 505....do you...or do I need to explain it......

And if terrorists killed 505 US citizens each year you wouldn't care?

A New Way to Resist Rape

And that's 505 more than most countries

Out of 11.1 million people carrying guns....really? That is all you have....and that is going down as more people own and carry guns..........according to CDC stats...accidental gun murder and accidental gun deaths are going down, not up.....

11.1 million vs. 505...

I care about all those deaths, and I care about all the deaths prevented by victims with guns....there are more lives saved with guns than there are lives accidentally taken with guns....

Again...the only gun control that stops gun crime is catching and locking up criminals....that stops gun crime cold....

Criminals Fear The Armed . Don t Be A VICTIM THE WAKING GIANT

And it would appear from the survey data and police data that a criminal is much more likely to be driven off from a particular crime by an armed victim than to be imprisoned for it by the criminal justice system.

A New Way to Resist Rape

And that's 505 more than most countries

Out of 11.1 million people carrying guns....really? That is all you have....and that is going down as more people own and carry guns..........according to CDC stats...accidental gun murder and accidental gun deaths are going down, not up.....

It is going down as ownership goes down. 500 dead people is a lot. That's your whole family and all your friends. Most everyone you have ever known. And that's yearly. Can you name 500 friends?

11.1 million vs. 505...

I care about all those deaths, and I care about all the deaths prevented by victims with guns....there are more lives saved with guns than there are lives accidentally taken with guns....

Well you don't really know that. There is no stat for lives saved with a gun. Nice try though.

Again...Wright and Rossi...two anti gunners who did the above study...and were made wiser....

Dr. James W. Wright is a professor of sociology and director of the Social and Demographic Research Institute (SADRI) at the University of Massachusetts, an expert on survey research, and a reformed advocate of harsh gun laws. In a 1975 article entitled, “The Ownership of the Means of Destruction: Weapons in the United States,” Wright attacked the NRA and gun ownership. In 1979, Prof. Wright joined with Peter H. Rossi–also from SADRI at U. Mass., and a former president of the American Sociological Association in studying the gun issue more thoroughly. This caused a dramatic shift in their views.Although Wright currently supports so-called “permissive” gun laws, he no longer espouses “gun control” as an effective form of “crime control.” And while Prof. Wright’s previous anti-gun research gained massive media attention, his recent voluminous and scholarly research has been all but ignored by the major newspapers, magazines, and academicians in this country.

Wright and Rossi have now completed two major gun-issue studies commissioned by the U.S. Department of Justice at a cost of $684,000. The first study was reprinted in book form as Under the Gun: Weapons, Crime, and Violence in America (Aldine, 1983). The second will soon be released by the Justice Department under the title The Armed Criminal in America. Wright may expand his survey analysis into book length.

Forum List

Back