Texas passes Constitutional Amendment basically banning a State Income Tax.

They amend their Constitution by popular vote?

How lame
I know letting the people have a say in policy upsets Dimwingers. You would rather be told by your handlers what they can and can't do to you.

The income tax debate has been going on for decades in Texas. I used to live there, and I was very happy about it...until I learned that they made up for the lack of income tax with some of the highest property tax rates in the nation.

The income tax debate has been going on for decades in Texas. I used to live there, and I was very happy about it...until I learned that they made up for the lack of income tax with some of the highest property tax rates in the nation

Property Tax Rates By State 2019 - Tax-Rates.org

You were slightly misinformed

Or at least not totally informed

Texas has 3rd highest property tax but no income tax

But No1 New Jersey and all the other states in the top 10 except Texas levy a state income tax also

That does not negate the fact that Texas has one of the highest property tax rates in the nation. One way or the other, I am very happy to have left Texas in my rear view mirror.
How about other states with high property taxes AND an income tax?

Not having an income tax is a plus no matter how you look at it

How lame
I know letting the people have a say in policy upsets Dimwingers. You would rather be told by your handlers what they can and can't do to you.

The income tax debate has been going on for decades in Texas. I used to live there, and I was very happy about it...until I learned that they made up for the lack of income tax with some of the highest property tax rates in the nation.

The income tax debate has been going on for decades in Texas. I used to live there, and I was very happy about it...until I learned that they made up for the lack of income tax with some of the highest property tax rates in the nation

But No1 New Jersey and all the other states in the top 10 except Texas levy a state income tax also

That does not negate the fact that Texas has one of the highest property tax rates in the nation. One way or the other, I am very happy to have left Texas in my rear view mirror.
If you add up AZ income, sales, and property taxes it comes out to more than than the TX sales and property tax.
And if a state has an income tax liberals can raise the tax rate overnight

How lame

How about other states with high property taxes AND an income tax?

Not having an income tax is a plus no matter how you look at it
I broke down the comparison between Kalifornia and Texas.....income, sales, property taxes. Kalifornia was right at twice the rate as Texas.

Wow, and I bet you think you're educated....... Wow....... Try again Sparky. :thup:
Funny thing about messageboards..............once you post something and it gets quoted by another poster, it doesn't go away.
I'll ask you the same question I asked the Ding bat. It would appear you're claiming I'm making a comparison that one is better than the other, right? If that's the case I want you to show me exactly where I did that........ The clock's ticking......
The clock's ticking?

:114:
He’s super triggered about this.

Not about that...

Most leftists here are in permanent triggered state for past three years.
Oh yeah, about that. He got caught red handed and can’t admit his mistake.

Forum List

Back