Texas Republicans Kill Medicaid Fundings For Kids With Disabilities

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
I read someone say, Republicans believe life begins at conception and dies at birth, I believe it,

I thought it was accurate. They close PP not due to abortions, but due to money.

(they have a 10 billion surplus, Texas’ budget surplus could ‘disappear’ next year

Emboldened By Election, Texas Republicans Kill Medicaid Fundings For Kids With Disabilities

More than a year after lawmakers originally ordered it, Texas announced Monday it will enact significant cuts to the money that it pays therapists who treat vulnerable children with disabilities in two weeks, the Texas Tribune reports.

Medicaid reimbursement rates are used to pay for pediatric therapy services provided to disabled babies and toddlers. Carrie Williams, spokeswoman for the state’s Health and Human Services Commission, said that Texas will apply cuts on Medicaid rates on Dec. 15 in attempt to achieve savings directed by the Texas Legislature in 2015.

“The most important job we have is making sure kids have the services they need and that we are responsible with taxpayer dollars,” Williams said in an e-mail. “We will monitor the reduction of rates to ensure access to care is not impacted and that Texans around the state receive the much-needed therapies required to improve their lives.”

A group of concerned Texans last year filed a lawsuit seeking to block the $350 million cut to Medicaid, the federal-state insurance program for the poor and disabled, from taking effect. That group included speech, physical and occupational therapy providers and the families of children who receive their service. They argued that the cuts were so steep that providers would have to close their businesses and forgo seeing as many as 60,000 children.

More than a year after lawmakers originally ordered it, Texas announced Monday it will enact significant cuts to the money that it pays therapists who treat vulnerable children with disabilities in two weeks, the Texas Tribune reports.

Medicaid reimbursement rates are used to pay for pediatric therapy services provided to disabled babies and toddlers. Carrie Williams, spokeswoman for the state’s Health and Human Services Commission, said that Texas will apply cuts on Medicaid rates on Dec. 15 in attempt to achieve savings directed by the Texas Legislature in 2015.

“The most important job we have is making sure kids have the services they need and that we are responsible with taxpayer dollars,” Williams said in an e-mail. “We will monitor the reduction of rates to ensure access to care is not impacted and that Texans around the state receive the much-needed therapies required to improve their lives.”

A group of concerned Texans last year filed a lawsuit seeking to block the $350 million cut to Medicaid, the federal-state insurance program for the poor and disabled, from taking effect. That group included speech, physical and occupational therapy providers and the families of children who receive their service. They argued that the cuts were so steep that providers would have to close their businesses and forgo seeing as many as 60,000 children.

I read someone say, Republicans believe life begins at conception and dies at birth, I believe it,
And some people believe in ghosts and werewolves. These kind of beliefs are known as paranoid delusions.

The fact of the matter is that a human being's lifespan begins at conception.

I thought it was accurate. They close PP not due to abortions, but due to money.

(they have a 10 billion surplus, Texas’ budget surplus could ‘disappear’ next year

Emboldened By Election, Texas Republicans Kill Medicaid Fundings For Kids With Disabilities

Classic GOP move

Medicaid spending in Texas - Ballotpedia

Texas Lawmakers Working To Reverse Medicaid Budget Cuts

Texas braces for budget cuts as economy, Medicaid, spending decisions collide | Texas Legislature | Dallas News

FACT CHECK: Emboldened by Election, Texas Republicans Kill Medicaid Funding for Children with Disabilities

Medicaid to consume 50% of Texas state budget within next 30 years

And some people believe in ghosts and werewolves. These kind of beliefs are known as paranoid delusions.

and according to many GOP's ends at birth.

Medicaid spending in Texas - Ballotpedia

Texas Lawmakers Working To Reverse Medicaid Budget Cuts

Texas braces for budget cuts as economy, Medicaid, spending decisions collide | Texas Legislature | Dallas News

FACT CHECK: Emboldened by Election, Texas Republicans Kill Medicaid Funding for Children with Disabilities

Medicaid to consume 50% of Texas state budget within next 30 years

And they keep cutting taxes,
What type of tax does Texas not have?
  • Personal income tax. Texas residents pay no personal state income tax. ...
  • Sales taxes. Texas has a 6.25% state sales tax. ...
  • Personal and real property taxes. Texas does not have a state property tax. ...
  • Inheritance and estate taxes. Texas does not impose an inheritance tax. ...
  • Other Texas tax facts.

They want to end state tax in Mi, we already have a 6% sales tax and a 4.25 state tax , I am against it. We do not want to be like Texas, except for those like Betsy Devos, and the Republicans.

You know who introduced the bill in Mi. A Christian newly elected , young, whose wife had an abortion in HS (allegedly raped -right) and now she is pro life, he is the one who submitted the bill, a young republican. She had a choice and now she and her husband decide others do not and want to cut social programs.

Last edited:

and according to many GOP's ends at birth.
Could you give an few examples of GOP members who have said that a person's lifespan ends at birth? I don't think you can. I think you are being disingenuous and/or you are just plain crazy.

Your tirade was de-bunked by Politifact:
News-entertainment site muffs on Medicaid cuts in Texas

I think I'll believe the Dallas paper:
Cuts in therapy payments for disabled children to begin next month, Texas officials say | Texas Legislature | Dallas News

Cuts in therapy payments for disabled children to begin next month, Texas officials say | Texas Legislature | Dallas News
Is this how you rationalize ending human life for selfish reasons?

An April 2016 Austin American-Statesman news story quoted state Sen. Jane Nelson, who chairs the Senate Finance Committee, saying lawmakers made the reductions based on information showing Texas’ rates had considerably exceeded Medicaid reimbursement rates in other states, a point disputed by some.

Nelson, R-Flower Mound, said in 2016: "Forcing Texas taxpayers to accept billing rates that are in some cases double the rates in other states would be a terrible precedent. These are rate adjustments, not reductions in services, and the (budget) rider clearly directs the agency to preserve access to care as we bring these rates to an appropriate level."

Forum List

Back