Texas secession petition on White House website fast approaching 25,000-signatures!

Pay off the debt? Is anything worth $16 trillion? And if it were, they would run the debt back up in a couple of years anyway.

Well, you have to also consider that we won't be sending aid to Texas either (most Red States are the biggest consumers of welfare), no more border agents, etc...

Texas pays more in Federal money than they receive, I recall by a significant amount. (15-20%)

We stand corrected (mostly I do)...Texas is right on the borderline between creditor/debtor state:

America's fiscal union: The red and the black | The Economist

I say again, still sell it to China. Or we could do a Bain deal and sell part of it to one country, part to another and drive up the value by having countries bid against one another. Just don't tell them about the wildfires.

There, fixed it for you.

Nobody is going to secede, nobody is going anywhere, the notion will not gain any traction in one much less both houses of bicameral state legislatures.

Texas, however, will succeed, will continue to improve economically earlier, faster, and more completely than the loosers that make up the rest of the country.

Just for laughs I wish we could choose the state we want to go away.:badgrin:

Okay for me it is Joisy. Nothing political really. It is just such a crappy part of the ride when we are traveling south. :D All those ugly electrical transmission wires.

Okay for me it is Joisy. Nothing political really. It is just such a crappy part of the ride when we are traveling south. :D All those ugly electrical transmission wires.

I am an ardent secessionist, but not the way most people think of when they hear the term. I fully and truly believe in self determination for anybody and everybody, Quebec, Vermont, Gaza, Chechnya, Tibet. More power to them.

That said, ya gotta be realistic. There is no way the national government pats anybody on the back and wishes them luck. Hell, it takes an act of God to renounce your citizenship these days. Further, state governments are peopled by politicians wedded to the notion of their place at the trough and all entertain notions of moving up to an office in D.C. someday. Ain't happening, and nobody in a position to make it happen is seriously going to suggest it.

I am an ardent secessionist, but not the way most people think of when they hear the term. I fully and truly believe in self determination for anybody and everybody, Quebec, Vermont, Gaza, Chechnya, Tibet. More power to them.

That said, ya gotta be realistic. There is no way the national government pats anybody on the back and wishes them luck. Hell, it takes an act of God to renounce your citizenship these days. Further, state governments are peopled by politicians wedded to the notion of their place at the trough and all entertain notions of moving up to an office in D.C. someday. Ain't happening, and nobody in a position to make it happen is seriously going to suggest it.

So true. The Feds are really testing the patience of many of us but the connection between state and Feds is so incestuous at times I can't imagine any state government with the stones to make any true moves toward secession.

I'm sure we have all heard rumors about the movement within Texas to secede from the union and many scoff at the notion. However, with elections like the ones we just had, people tend to become more determined and purposeful.

Just for fun, what would happen if Texas seceded? What would be the reaction of the federal monster in DC and what would become of the people of Texas? Many may not know this, but Texas governed itself for 9 years before becoming annexed by the US government.

Yay!

I'm sure the University of Alabama football program will be very happy to hear that!
LAB (laughing at Bama)!

Seriously, we sell it to China. Let them worry about the immigration, wildfires, etc. I bet in about 5 years, they'll want to sell it back to us at a loss.
Just kinda thinking how is it you think we could actually sell a state full of armed people to China? The state won't put up with being sold so just how do you accomplish that? And I'm assuming you don't think any other states would join them.

Armed people? Hell, it's China's problem. Texas couldn't put out a few wildfires last year.

As for other states. No. Texas is the Mitt Romney of our union; Aloof and proud for no reason other than, at times, it can be.

You are truly ignorant.

Texas has two of the top five metropolitan areas of our nation.
Metropolitan Statistical Area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If Texas were independent it would have the 15th largest GDP of all nations of the world.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_between_U.S._states_and_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)

But you probably cant underestand this line of thought, so let mme put it in terms you might grasp: TEXAS COULD KICK YOUR ASS MOTHERFUCKER!

roflmao

Just kinda thinking how is it you think we could actually sell a state full of armed people to China? The state won't put up with being sold so just how do you accomplish that? And I'm assuming you don't think any other states would join them.

Armed people? Hell, it's China's problem. Texas couldn't put out a few wildfires last year.

As for other states. No. Texas is the Mitt Romney of our union; Aloof and proud for no reason other than, at times, it can be.

You are truly ignorant.

Texas has two of the top five metropolitan areas of our nation.
Metropolitan Statistical Area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If Texas were independent it would have the 15th largest GDP of all nations of the world.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_between_U.S._states_and_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)

But you probably cant underestand this line of thought, so let mme put it in terms you might grasp: TEXAS COULD KICK YOUR ASS MOTHERFUCKER!

roflmao

Texas is welcome to secede, I'd be very happy to hear that.

They would probably wind up spending as much money as possible building a 100 foot border wall and would bankrupt themselves in the process. It would be a tragic comedy to beat all.

Last edited:
Well, you have to also consider that we won't be sending aid to Texas either (most Red States are the biggest consumers of welfare), no more border agents, etc...

Texas pays more in Federal money than they receive, I recall by a significant amount. (15-20%)

We stand corrected (mostly I do)...Texas is right on the borderline between creditor/debtor state:

America's fiscal union: The red and the black | The Economist

I say again, still sell it to China. Or we could do a Bain deal and sell part of it to one country, part to another and drive up the value by having countries bid against one another. Just don't tell them about the wildfires.

Only to a fucking dimbass libtard could hundreds of millions of dollars be tossed aside as borderline.

fuck off pig.

Nope. They knew the fighting would have continued. If Stanton had his way, he would have hung Lee and Jefferson and Longstreet immediately. Grant and Sherman's benificient surrender terms went a long, long way to make sure no guerrilla war continued.

Shit, Starkey, you got another one right!

Whats that make, twice in the past two years?

You do be comin up in da world, lol.

The question you should ask is if Texas was to secede, how many other states would follow?

I would think pretty much the entire south minus Florida. Then you could possibly throw in Indiana, Montana and maybe a couple of others west of the Mississippi River.

It's never going to happen, but you have to look at the whole picture and what something like this would do to the country.

It could very well happen if stupid fuck ideologues like Feinstein and her ilk pursue their fascist utopianism at all costs.

Damned sure could, these fucktards are so god damned fucking stupid.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. Before we secede, we need to identify all those Yankee's who moved down here in the last twenty years and boot them out first.
2. Then secede.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

What? I know that when a cat has kittens in the oven it dont make them buscuits, but anyone with enough sense to move out of those rusty hell-holes like Detroit and New Yaawk deserves a chance to live and breathe and become one with Gods country.

Why throw them out?

1. *Bad Seed*.
2. They would drag us down.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Not to belabor this topic, but good soul/spirit trumps 'seed' every time.

And I doubt they would drag us down as Yankees are very industrious, genereally, and would be a welcome help in any effort if they have the heart. Its the criminal synicates that lead them that are the fucking fools here these days.

All states have the right to secede. I hope many of them act upon that right.

No they do not. The Articles of Confederation was an agreement to "perpetual union". The Constitution formed a "more perfect union". A union that is "more perfect" than a "perpetual" union must also be perpetual! A state must have the permission of Congress to secede.

Naw, the "texas backs" would be swimming the Red and the Sabine to get back to real America.

The Mexicans would eat an independent Texas for lunch.

You are, as ever, so full of shit.

1. Texas, unlike most blue states, is ADDING new people, not losing them, dumbass. IF Texas was endipendent, that would only accelerate.

2. Mexico cant even control their own fucking criminal orgs, much less an independent foreign state that would kick their ass all over again, and with the help of the Mexicans that love freedom as much as we do and who would join us instead of the retard Mexican government.

3. The number of Texans that owns hunting rifles is forty five times the size of the Mexican army, jack ass bitch. Mexican Army: < 200,000. Texans owning guns: 8.975 MILLION.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Army

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/general-firearm-discussion/9841-percent-firearms-ownership-state.html 25 million Texans with 35.9% owning guns = nearly NINE MILLION GUN OWNERS, bitch.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back