Texas tax cuts.

Texans will be getting an 18 billion dollar property tax cut including school taxes which are high in Texas.
I'll be sure to tell y'all how it affects our tax burden.
I was happy to hear that that was passed. Once the word was out, that we have the highest property taxes in the nation, Abbott needed to save some political face.

Politics aside, I'll be checking it too, but it's about nine months until the next tax bill becomes due.

A tax cut makes sense since Texas has a budget surplus of around $30 billion. It also makes sense the tax cut should be a property tax cut.

Well done, Texas!

Our school tax where I live was $5K a year!!!

Our school tax where I live was $5K a year!!!

Question: When a realtor says "oh that is a great school district". What are they really saying? It is super funded? It has best teachers? Or that it is not in the ghetto. Houses cost a lot and you will be safer. The clientele at the schools is not as out of control and poorly funded schools? WTH?

I was just thinking that today driving near a school.

Question: When a realtor says "oh that is a great school district". What are they really saying? It is super funded? It has best teachers? Or that it is not in the ghetto. Houses cost a lot and you will be safer. The clientele at the schools is not as out of control and poorly funded schools? WTH?

GreatSchools.org has a site that ranks schools. They list the categories that they use in their rankings.

We've always had high school taxes in Katy Texas and we have one of the highest in the state.
We have the most expensive football stadium in the state and the country at $70 Million dollars and it's a Gem!!!
I'm okay with this because football is king in Texas.

Here in Florida we have relatively low property taxes and a reasonable sales tax.

DeSantis lowers taxes with tax holidays. Last fall they suspended the state tax on gasoline at the pump. They are planning on doing it again in October. They have increased the items exempted from sales tax. We always get school supplies holidays.

What we are seeing in Florida and Texas are what we get when we don't have the Democrats in charge. When the Democrats in charge taxes goes up and services go down.

People are fleeing high tax and spend Dem run states in droves. Not surprisingly, moving to low tax states like Texas and Florida.

We've always had high school taxes in Katy Texas and we have one of the highest in the state.
We have the most expensive football stadium in the state and the country at $70 Million dollars and it's a Gem!!!
I'm okay with this because football is king in Texas.
In NJ you have sky high school taxes and get shit schools in return. The teachers and union pockets all the money, it's not spent on the kids.

Texans will be getting an 18 billion dollar property tax cut including school taxes which are high in Texas.
I'll be sure to tell y'all how it affects our tax burden.
Do that because Missouri rural taxes are low to other places I have lived....

Forum List

Back