Texas threatens Lawyers with prosecution for paying staff transport costs if they travel for abortions.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016

The implications of this obviously havent been thought through.
How on earth are the state going to enforce this nonsense ? They cant even keep the lights on.

Texas is becoming a version of East Germany.

How on earth are the state going to enforce this nonsense ? They cant even keep the lights on.
Sidley is a very large Chicago law firm ranked 11th in the US. They probably welcome the letter.

Also note, its not the State of Texas. Its some politicians sending a letter. Thats very different.

Sidley is a very large Chicago law firm ranked 11th in the US. They probably welcome the letter.

Also note, its not the State of Texas. Its some politicians sending a letter. Thats very different.
I wondered if it was just to scare off the smaller firms ? Anyway its dumb politics.

I wondered if it was just to scare off the smaller firms ? Anyway its dumb politics.
Doubtful it would scare off a legal firm as the legal firm would respond legally to any party that could impact them. Sidley would be the type that would sue first to pull it into an Illinois court if it could to tamp this nonsense down once and for all before bounty hunting laws spread too far.

Doubtful it would scare off a legal firm as the legal firm would respond legally to any party that could impact them. Sidley would be the type that would sue first to pull it into an Illinois court if it could to tamp this nonsense down once and for all before bounty hunting laws spread too far.
Bounty hunting laws sound grim.
Not really a "shining city on a hill" is it ?

GOOD!

Thanks for not explaining that to us.

You what? Ah, apologies then. Didn't realize it was a rhetorical question.

GOOD because less children get dismembered in the wombs of their mothers. Common sense ain't too common on either side of the Atlantic and basic human compassion is a nearly extinct species.

Why is it good ? It seems Un American to me .
It’s not unAmerican, it is called states rights and had Congress done its job 5 decades ago, we would be having this discussion l. The lazy Democrats thought they could use abortion as a wedge issue forever and now it has bite them on the ass.

Abortion is not a right and the court was correct.

We don’t expect foreigners to get our ways nor do I expect to get other cultures or customs but I respect them. I guess that is the difference between you and I, I will tolerate other ideas where you don’t.

Enforcement might be difficult. Fortunately, we Texans are by definition people who do not shy away from the difficult, especially when the difficult is also the right.

Going after employers who pay for women employees to kill their babies so that they can avoid the employee down time associated with having children is about as right as it gets.

Such people are nearly pure evil, but evil is often determined to have its way at any costs. So much so that I'm afraid I may have to support the death penalty - rather than just disbarment - for such people.

I'm sorry, what were you saying?

Enforcement might be difficult. Fortunately, we Texans are by definition people who do not shy away from the difficult, especially when the difficult is also the right.

Going after employers who pay for women employees to kill their babies so that they can avoid the employee down time associated with having children is about as right as it gets.

Such people are nearly pure evil, but evil is often determined to have its way at any costs. So much so that I'm afraid I may have to support the death penalty - rather than just disbarment - for such people.

As I said it hasnt been thought through. To enforce this in any way you need to have a surveillance society that is communist in nature.

Yo u will have women stopped at the state line by the texas stasi.

Its mosally wrong.

It’s not unAmerican, it is called states rights and had Congress done its job 5 decades ago, we would be having this discussion l. The lazy Democrats thought they could use abortion as a wedge issue forever and now it has bite them on the ass.

Abortion is not a right and the court was correct.

We don’t expect foreigners to get our ways nor do I expect to get other cultures or customs but I respect them. I guess that is the difference between you and I, I will tolerate other ideas where you don’t.
Maybe they didnt think the GOP was this insane.

So you're NOT for state's rights, as it's another state. Got it.

As I said it hasnt been thought through. To enforce this in any way you need to have a surveillance society that is communist in nature.

Yo u will have women stopped at the state line by the texas stasi.

Its mosally wrong.
No, Tommy. Stasis is who I spent my young adulthood protecting your silly ass from.

If they pass a law that forbids employers from paying for their employees to kill their babies and avoid pregnancy and childbirth/child rearing expenses, in order to violate that law companies would have to notify pregnant women that such an option is available.

Since the overwhelming majority of pregnant women love the new life they carry inside of them, enough would be outraged to Simply turn their Employers in. The only question is how quickly the death penalty could be applied.

Maybe they didnt think the GOP was this insane.
No, they didn’t think at all. The GOP did nothing, the Roe v Wade case was never settled law, it was a court opinion.

Now the Democrats are left looking stupid. Pass a federal law and quit crying, hell, they knew this day was coming and did nothing, not a thing, nada and even now they can’t get their crap together.

Democrats need a new mascot, maybe a crying baby would work? Good idea? Hell, they want to kill babies, anyway, why not remove all the doubt.

Forum List

Back