Textbook Indoctrination in Public Schools

That's right Jen ignore ALL those nasty little FACTS that don't support your THEORY of a God!

Theory, nothing.

Theory's don't tell me to slow down just before all lanes on the highway turned into headlights coming right at me. And even though I was going dangerously slow when they appeared, I was able to pull over with a narrow miss onto a soft shoulder that would have wiped me out if I hit it at the speed I was originally going.

You will never convince me God is only a theory.

Every breath that me and my sons take is directly attributable to Him (no matter how that may disappoint some of you).

And that is why I'm one of the few moms that were willing to take on the school system even though it cost all of us.

...and here I thought all the backwards signs (a sure indication that you're going the wrong way) would have given you a clue..

oh, how have I been so honored to be allowed to be seen by you dis? In fact, for someone who said they were putting me on ignore, you don't seem to have missed a word I've said in any thread we've run into each other.

First of all I'm glad it went well for your dad.

Secondly, your doctor probably depended on God's design, your dad's living body, doing what God designed it to do, which is heal. Sending the blood rushing with all the right balances of platelets etc to heal. It's astounding what the body does in order to survive. The more doctors study and more about it, the harder time they have denying there wasn't a Creator.

If it wasn't for the body's God-given ability to heal, nobody would have a chance after surgery. Nobody. Doctors depend on God all the time and most of them know it.

Oh golly so why did "GOD" make my dad an alchoholic that caused him to fall and bash his head open? Why did "God's great creation to get DOUBLE PNUMONIA and DIE two years later?

Actually, God didn't make your dad an alcoholic.

Your dad made your dad an alcoholic. Nobody else.

No SHIT!!!

Oh yippy dippy skippy. I really don't give a shit about your "near death" moment I care more about the fact that my father's life was saved be a great brain surgen who had at his disposal SCIENTIFIC FACTS and didn't stop the PRAY during surgery.

Secondly, your doctor probably depended on God's design, your dad's living body, doing what God designed it to do, which is heal. Sending the blood rushing with all the right balances of platelets etc to heal. It's astounding what the body does in order to survive. The more doctors study and more about it, the harder time they have denying there wasn't a Creator.

If it wasn't for the body's God-given ability to heal, nobody would have a chance after surgery. Nobody. Doctors depend on God all the time and most of them know it.

Oh golly so why did "GOD" make my dad an alchoholic that caused him to fall and bash his head open? Why did "God's great creation to get DOUBLE PNUMONIA and DIE two years later?

Did you ever consider that THIS, the life we have now, is where all the suffering and struggles are and that death is the call to a better place?

In fact I think that's why heaven isn't described or dwelled on very much in the Bible, too many have chosen to end the pain here before their time as it is.

You don't need to head signs when you are on auto pilot from God.

I was on 395, a two-lane deserted highway in the dead of night. TONS of headon tragedies have happened there. In fact my best friend's younger brother died that way as did a rising star singer named the Green Bean Jean. Separate accidents. Bad highway.

I think it's genetic. In fact I'm sure of it.

Yeah I guess when you beleive in a 6,000 year old Earth NOTHING makes sense sense without a "God".

I know what I know, Fusion. I'm sorry that somehow offends you so much.

I've learned to trust the Bible in so many ways. Reading it and praying and seeking Him has radically changed my life. Nobody's asking you to believe me but I think, last time I looked, I could express my opinion just like everybody else, no?

Well Jen according to YOUR doctrine my father is burning in hell so as far as I'm concerned you can take your hollier than thou bullshit and stick it up your ass!

According to my doctrine, Jesus is the way the truth and the life and there is no other way, that's true.

But I have hope, Fusion. Because if you read Isaiah, the first 40 books are all about God's wrath, and then the next 20 or so (not sure how many) are some of the most beautiful words in the Bible, all about grace and the love of God and a "but I will have mercy" kind of language.

I went and prayed for one of my best friend's mom who was a Buddhist all her life. She was dying. And as I was quietly praying, I remembered how Jesus went to the prisoners in some place between the time He was crucified and....I'd have to look it up. I don't know that Christ doesn't make one last attempt before the heavens are closed. I sure hope so. I have many people I care about too that have no desire to know the God that loves them so much.

But God said that the laborers that come in the last hour will receive a reward as much as those that worked all day. And I just pray that that last hour was held open for my friend's mom, and for your dad too.

Last edited:
The problem is Jen that you pose your OPINION as FACT and that makes you intellectualy DISHONEST!

Fusion, the things that I have been through are not opinion, they are fact. I know that no one but myself can know that, but, it's not my opinion that He is in my life, He is.

Maybe you should put me on ignore?

JenT, I believe that you believe, but you must keep your dogma out of tax-supported institutions.

I believe that promoting a religion in public schools should be prevented, as such a policy is
un-Constitutional. Secular Humanism, believe it or not, is in fact a religion and should face the same restrictions as any other religion and be banned from public schools in the US.

A few years back a twisted political in California, Shelia James Kuehl, supported a policy that would make all school curriculum "gender neutral" under (SB777). The implications of such a twisted agenda is beyond the scope of this post, my main point is provide an example of the extreme social goals of the humanists. Often, secular humanists are considered to be more rational and ethical but such policies as the one mentioned in this post contradict this assumption. The religion of "secular humanism" has inflicted more harm on the minds of students then the belief in "creationism" ever could.

Below is a pretty good def on Secular Humanism. Perhaps drop down to "tenets"? You can see it's a rejection of magic and the occult. That is one of the problems with those with occult beliefs, they desperately want to paint non belief as another form of belief. Well it's not. It is exactly what it is, "a lack of supernatural beliefs", period. IT'S JUST THAT SIMPLE!!!!

Creationism is crap disguised as something other than crap. Those that have pushed that crap have caused questioning minds to turn away from science. Who knows what fine minds we may have lost due to those pushing crap?

One thing the religious do it a vain attempt to make a connection between evil people that have no mystical beliefs and those that simply have no mystical beliefs. Example: Stalin was an atheist, so atheism is evil. Wrong, atheism is a lack of belief. Meaning "nothing". You can't build a connection from "nothing" because it's "nothing". Get it? Nothing.

A lack of belief isn't a belief. It's like "cold" is the absence of "heat". The religious person would say, "Heat is the absence of "cold". But a scientist would say, "heat" is "energy". Cold is the absence of heat. You see the difference? You don't take away the cold, you add heat so it's less cold, but cold is nothing - like atheism. The concept is so simple, but for some reason, far, far beyond the ability to comprehend by many religious.

--------------

Def of Secular humanism is a humanist philosophy that espouses reason, ethics, and justice, and specifically rejects the supernatural and the spiritual as the basis of moral reflection and decision-making. Like other types of humanism, secular humanism is a life stance that focuses on the way human beings can lead good, happy and functional lives.

secular humanism: Definition from Answers.com

Like darkness and light. It's cold in the dark. And it can't resist the Light.

Yea, it's cold in the dark unless it's hot, whatever "it" is?

I knew you couldn't figure out what I was talking about. But you did give me a really good laugh. Thanks, I needed that.

Well Jen according to YOUR doctrine my father is burning in hell so as far as I'm concerned you can take your hollier than thou bullshit and stick it up your ass!

According to my doctrine, Jesus is the way the truth and the life and there is no other way, that's true.

But I have hope, Fusion. Because if you read Isaiah, the first 40 books are all about God's wrath, and then the next 20 or so (not sure how many) are some of the most beautiful words in the Bible, all about grace and the love of God and a "but I will have mercy" kind of language.

I went and prayed for one of my best friend's mom who was a Buddhist all her life. She was dying. And as I was quietly praying, I remembered how Jesus went to the prisoners in some place between the time He was crucified and....I'd have to look it up. I don't know that Christ doesn't make one last attempt before the heavens are closed. I sure hope so. I have many people I care about too that have no desire to know the God that loves them so much.

But God said that the laborers that come in the last hour will receive a reward as much as those that worked all day. And I just pray that that last hour was held open for my friend's mom, and for your dad too.

Well that's pretty cool. Most Christians I see around me think that basically EVERYONE who doesn't share their belief will burn in hell. I have a real problem with such a vindictive and jealous God.

The problem is Jen that you pose your OPINION as FACT and that makes you intellectualy DISHONEST!

Fusion, the things that I have been through are not opinion, they are fact. I know that no one but myself can know that, but, it's not my opinion that He is in my life, He is.

Maybe you should put me on ignore?

Well I have told more than one person on more than one occasion that I respect FAITH it is RELIGION and what is done in the NAME of religion that I have a problem with.

Another line of crap. Alcoholism isn't genetic. If it were, I'd be toast.

No SHIT!!!

Dude.. First of all.. If you're going to reply with "No shit!", then why did you make your accusation that "God" made your dad become an alcoholic?

Second... You're getting a bit too worked up. Might want to step away and come back when you can be rational. Jen's a fucking lunatic that could piss off a saint, but your responses don't even make any sense.

Another line of crap. Alcoholism isn't genetic. If it were, I'd be toast.

Dis, if people become alcoholic by drinking a lot, I should have been toast. My twenties were a blur of parties.

And when I met my husband, who I knew had a drinking past and a couple of DUIs, but he was sober and said he didn't have a drinking problem, I figured he was just like me. Kind of got bored with being drunk.

But my whole family has never had a problem with drinking and other whole families do. But I don't think that means it's guaranteed the WHOLE family will be alcoholic, but I do think it runs in families, and I've cautioned my sons about it a lot because their dad's whole family is falling down drunks. Lol, I met my father in law picking his face up out of his chinese noodles.

Dis.....I don't beleive in God so do you get my point?

I don't either, and no, I don't get your point. What I see is you just foaming at the mouth. I'm not even sure over what...

Why the need to argue with people that do believe in God? It's likely not going to change your view, and it sure as hell isn't going to change theirs.

Forum List

Back