🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Thai cave rescue

CNN was first to report all the kids and coach were and rescued and safe.

My deep admiration to all involved in bringing the boys out safely along with sadness for the loss of retired Sgt. Major Saman Gunan, who sacrificed his all for the cause. All are heroes.

thailand-cave-rescuer-saman-gunan-ht-jt-180706_hpMain_v4x3_16x9_992.jpg

With all the boys safely out I can now celebrate by re-watch Kirk Douglas in Ace in the Hole. It has been a number of years.

Thank god they persisted in the search for them

Thailand cave rescue: Boys found alive after nine days - BBC News

Does anyone know how they got in that cave in the first place?

They walked in on a team trip before the cave flooded

View attachment 203896
Someone needs to pay for going in 2 miles into a flood-able cave 2 weeks before flood season.

Global warming is changing long known weather patterns.

They didn’t go in two miles till they were forced in by the floods

July to November is flood season. They went in at the end of June

Going into a cave like this 2 weeks or 1 week before posted sign tells you flooding can happen is stupid.
The Coach needs to be sent to a prison work farm for life to pay for the dead rescuer that happened as
to his stupid cave trip. The map shows they were not heeding the warnings. Some of the water there was from a rain
storm weeks before. They took off shoes and packs to get by flooded area. That's what is reported.

1530665638579.jpg

534c4afc70c5a89cdf7ad5aeedfb87f7

Thank god they persisted in the search for them

Thailand cave rescue: Boys found alive after nine days - BBC News

View attachment 203896
Someone needs to pay for going in 2 miles into a flood-able cave 2 weeks before flood season.

Going into a cave like this 2 weeks or 1 week before posted sign tells you flooding can happen is stupid.
The Coach needs to be sent to a prison work farm for life to pay for the dead rescuer that happened as
to his stupid cave trip. The map shows they were not heeding the warnings. Some of the water there was from a rain
storm weeks before. They took off shoes and packs to get by flooded area. That's what is reported.

1530665638579.jpg

If the cave was dangerous two weeks before the posted rainy season they should have barricaded the entrance

A sign that says the danger is July through November, that is the period you should stay out. These people grew up in that area and had probably visited the cave right up to the rainy season.

In this case, they probably wanted one last hike before the cave was off limits for five months

In retrospect, it is easy to condemn the coach
But sometimes stuff just happens

View attachment 203896

1530665638579.jpg

If the cave was dangerous two weeks before the posted rainy season they should have barricaded the entrance

A sign that says the danger is July through November, that is the period you should stay out. These people grew up in that area and had probably visited the cave right up to the rainy season.

In this case, they probably wanted one last hike before the cave was off limits for five months

I know my area, and rains and snows can come 4 weeks before due times.
This is a tourist trap to start. Money kept it open. Will the coach write a book?
He is newly unemployed if people were smart. And at least get his ass sued.
But in Thailand that is done by hatchets.

View attachment 203896

1530665638579.jpg

This is a tourist trap to start. Money kept it open.
It is easy to second guess

View attachment 203896

1530665638579.jpg

I'm not 2nd guessing. It's just the simple truth.

I was going to post something positive about the coach but members seem to be calling for his head.
Instead let me offer a quote from "Starman", a movie from 1984. "you are at your very best when things are worst".

1530665638579.jpg

I'm not 2nd guessing. It's just the simple truth.
After the fact

If they wanted people away from the cave in mid June, they should have closed it

I was going to post something positive about the coach but members seem to be calling for his head.
Instead let me offer a quote from "Starman", a movie from 1984. "you are at your very best when things are worst".

LOL!
Calling for his head, is positive. It saves other kids.

i hope scarlett johansson plays all 12 thai boys and their coach in the film adaptation

Interesting read.

:"At a Buddhist temple behind the house of Ake's aunt, on the edges of Thailand's northern border with Myanmar, community members are hopeful he will be back riding his bike across town and taking the kids out into the countryside.

Another case of small town folks spewing small town stupid thangs.
Being next to Myanmar means, towing the moron spews lines
for both sides of that border for personal safety. I would think.

Forum List

Back