Thank goodness this attempt at Christian Sharia Law nipped in the bud

GRAPHIC: Tenn. deputy, pastor calls for LGBTQ executions in sermon

Deputy/pastor calls for the execution of LGBTQ citizens. Thank goodness, the Sheriff's Department suspended him and the District Attorney is looking over all his past arrests.

Calling for the government to commit genocide based on biblical "reasons"....the very definition of religious law aka sharia.
This is why it’s important to defend Establishment Clause jurisprudence against attacks by the social right and other conservatives who seek to conjoin church and state in violation of the Framers’ mandate that church and state remain separate.
leftists: NO GUISE THE FRAMERS WERE TOTALLY CORRECT ABOUT A NATIONAL RELIGION WE SHOULD TOTALLY LISTEN TO THEM

also leftists: WHAT NO THE SECOND AMENDMENT ARE YOU KIDDING THE RICH WHITE CISHET MEN WHO OVERTHREW THE LEGITIMATE RULE OF THE CROWN WERE FULL OF SHIT LETS IGNORE THEM
Wrong.

‘Leftists’ support and defend Second Amendment case law – they own guns, enjoy the shooting sports, and carry firearms for lawful self-defense.

Indeed, it’s most on the right who have contempt for Second Amendment case law and rail against necessary, proper, and Constitutional firearm regulatory measures, just as most on the right have contempt for settled, accepted Establishment Clause jurisprudence and seek to conjoin church and state in violation of the First Amendment.

A better man would NOT defend it.

A BETTER man would say "I deplore ANY religion that preaches hate and violence!"......

a LESSER man says "well islam is worse so stop annoying us christians...."

Actually...a BETTER man would not defend it, but would also realize that you should not smear an entire religion by the acts of some.
Why do you COMPLETELY DISCOUNT the teachings of the FOUNDER of that religion?

I can assure you his followers live and die by his every word!

Do you mean the teachings or do you mean the cherry picked stuff you rely on to promote your Islamohysteria?

It is not a phobia or hysteria it is Islamdisagreement.
It's also righteous anger. It's ok to be angry at evil.

What people call "righteous anger" is often anything but. Or perhaps more realistically...it's just another face of evil.

Death Toll in New Zealand Mosque Shootings Rises to 51

Muslims fear for their future under Modi

We don't need that.

Actually...a BETTER man would not defend it, but would also realize that you should not smear an entire religion by the acts of some.

Do you mean the teachings or do you mean the cherry picked stuff you rely on to promote your Islamohysteria?

What people call "righteous anger" is often anything but. Or perhaps more realistically...it's just another face of evil.

We don't need that.

Evil is subjective. I agree. We also don’t need ignorance.

We don't need that.

No, we don't. And when evil prays on uneducated fearful people it perpetrates atrocities. It does not matter what a person's religion or political ideology is, it happens everywhere. The worst thing is to ignore it, or marginalize it or justify it when innocent people are victimized.

We don't need that.

No, we don't. And when evil prays on uneducated fearful people it perpetrates atrocities. It does not matter what a person's religion or political ideology is, it happens everywhere. The worst thing is to ignore it, or marginalize it or justify it when innocent people are victimized.
Even moderate Muslims believe that apostasy should be punishable by death, women are 2nd class citizens and gays should be killed. Not exactly western values. Every mostly Islamic country is either an economic, humanitarian or military disaster. Every single one. To turn a blind eye to that is ignorance in my view. You’re of course free to disagree.

Not at all...you are thinking of those who don't complain when their pussy is grabbed, pretend they let it happen, and those who support a pussy grabber.

He said "They LET you". There was not one complaint from anyone about him grabbing anything. You make sh*t up about that and about Charlottesvile because you're a Leftist asshole.
What kind of self-esteem does a person have to LET some guy grab her pussy in public?

IDK what sort off self esteem does someone have to be irresponsible, get pregnant and then kill the baby? Yet, I believe women should have that right. Who am I to judge. My point is that he didn’t brag about assault he bragged about being a playboy.
Oh look! Over there!

So...do you think someone has self esteem if they let donnie grab them by the pussy in public? Do you think someone has self esteem if they still approve of him and excuse him for grabbing people's genitals in public?

They are confident in who they are and don’t care what you nor I think? He never said in public. You just live in your own Lefitst world.
Oh...he's doing it in private eh? Hmmmm, more Stormy Daniels out there? You keep :dig:

He said "They LET you". There was not one complaint from anyone about him grabbing anything. You make sh*t up about that and about Charlottesvile because you're a Leftist asshole.
What kind of self-esteem does a person have to LET some guy grab her pussy in public?

IDK what sort off self esteem does someone have to be irresponsible, get pregnant and then kill the baby? Yet, I believe women should have that right. Who am I to judge. My point is that he didn’t brag about assault he bragged about being a playboy.
Oh look! Over there!

So...do you think someone has self esteem if they let donnie grab them by the pussy in public? Do you think someone has self esteem if they still approve of him and excuse him for grabbing people's genitals in public?

They are confident in who they are and don’t care what you nor I think? He never said in public. You just live in your own Lefitst world.
Oh...he's doing it in private eh? Hmmmm, more Stormy Daniels out there? You keep :dig:

He didn’t bang her in public lol. And she has lost all her monies and is disgraced as is her attorney. You’re the one not making any sense.

We don't need that.

Even moderate Muslims believe that apostasy should be punishable by death, women are 2nd class citizens and gays should be killed. Not exactly western values. Every mostly Islamic country is either an economic, humanitarian or military disaster. Every single one. To turn a blind eye to that is ignorance in my view. You’re of course free to disagree.

Depends on where in the world you are. For example:

Muslims 'accept homosexuality more than evangelical Christians'

Meanwhile Christians in Africa are little different than Muslims in their views on homosexuals:
It’s Not Just Uganda: Behind the Christian Right’s Onslaught in Africa

Frankly - the Abrahamic faiths despise homosexuals. Some just cover it up better or, have chosen a more secular and enlightened approach to doctrine. Or...who knows, maybe they've actually adopted the one commandment. But scratch the skin of a fundamentalist (of any faith) - it looks just the same.

We don't need that.

Meanwhile Christians in Africa are little different than Muslims in their views on homosexuals:

Frankly - the Abrahamic faiths despise homosexuals. Some just cover it up better or, have chosen a more secular and enlightened approach to doctrine. Or...who knows, maybe they've actually adopted the one commandment. But scratch the skin of a fundamentalist (of any faith) - it looks just the same.

Nope. They may dislike it but they don’t kill people over it and you conveniently skipped over treating women as property and killing apostates. Christians don’t care if you leave the faith. Again not ONE mostly Muslim country. Not ONE is not a military, economic or humanitarian disaster. You skimmed over that too.

Deputy/pastor calls for the execution of LGBTQ citizens. Thank goodness, the Sheriff's Department suspended him and the District Attorney is looking over all his past arrests.

Calling for the government to commit genocide based on biblical "reasons"....the very definition of religious law aka sharia.
There is no sharia law in christianity, therefore your entire premise is wrong. This is literally just one pastor who said it, but even he would never actually do it, unlike muslims all around the world who do kill in the name of their god.

That’s America. Now if you were in a country where Sharia law was practiced there would be some dead LGBTQers.

However an Imam can preach violence against Jews in this country with impunity. I guess we hold Christians to higher standards than Muslims in this country.

Over the past six months, at least five prominent US imams have been caught on tape preaching violence against Jews in sermons at mosques across America.

Yet these radical preachers inciting anti-Semitic violence aren’t prosecuted or even permanently banished by the leadership of their mosques.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/27/radical-imams-are-spewing-anti-semitism-in-the-us-with-impunity/

christians can preach against Jews in this country too.

and march against them too

Do you have any evidence of the tiki torch guys killing anyone? As far as i know, they just held a tiki torch, which isnt a crime.

We don't need that.

Nope. They may dislike it but they don’t kill people over it and you conveniently skipped over treating women as property and killing apostates. Christians don’t care if you leave the faith. Again not ONE mostly Muslim country. Not ONE is not a military, economic or humanitarian disaster. You skimmed over that too.

They don't all treat women as property - again it depends on where you are and even in Muslim majority countries there are differences between more educated urban areas and rural areas in how women are treated. Oddly - some Muslim majority countries have elected women as leaders and we still haven't managed that. The fact is - all 3 Abrahamic faiths and Hinduism treat women like shit in their doctrine and in practice in conservative societies. I'm extremely grateful that I live in a secular society and I am free to practice or not practice a faith of my choosing and that I am free to participate in the political process and in any job I am qualified for, the same as any man. I live in a country that supports the rights of minorities, and freedom of religion. And no effing religious leader can tell me what I can or can not do because I am a woman. Uganda isn't that way. India isn't that way. Saudi Arabia isn't that way.

They don't all treat women as property - again it depends on where you are and even in Muslim majority countries there are differences between more educated urban areas and rural areas in how women are treated. Oddly - some Muslim majority countries have elected women as leaders and we still haven't managed that. The fact is - all 3 Abrahamic faiths and Hinduism treat women like shit in their doctrine and in practice in conservative societies. I'm extremely grateful that I live in a secular society and I am free to practice or not practice a faith of my choosing and that I am free to participate in the political process and in any job I am qualified for, the same as any man. I live in a country that supports the rights of minorities, and freedom of religion. And no effing religious leader can tell me what I can or can not do because I am a woman. Uganda isn't that way. India isn't that way. Saudi Arabia isn't that way.

Women could not drive in the KSA until recently and cannot attend a sporting event without a man. Cannot work without a mans permission. Uganda has been a civil war nightmare. India is not mostly Islamic. Apostasy is punishable by death in the KSA.

You’re not staying on topic. My point is that I dont have fear or hysteria of Islam. I have a deep understanding. Any religion that kills over cartoons is also an ideology and that ideology is one that I vehemently dislike. And again not ONE mostly Islamic country is as safe for women as Israel is. Crazy, right? Plus Islam hates dogs. Who on earth hates dogs!?! You as a woman would be treated terribly in Mostly Islamic countries. All of them. These are indisputable facts. So again you may defend it and I will disagree but understand this. I repeat. This is neither phobia not hysteria of Islam.

There is no sharia law in christianity, therefore your entire premise is wrong. This is literally just one pastor who said it, but even he would never actually do it, unlike muslims all around the world who do kill in the name of their god.
There are attempts all the time. Think Kim Davis.

Nope. All mostly Islamic countries. ALL operate under Shara Law. Not one non mostly Islamic country practices it.

That was 1 person, 4 years ago. That doesnt sound like "all the time" to me.

There is no such thing as Christian Sharia, running out of things to bitch about. How many gays has this pastor killed?

Oddly - some Muslim majority countries have elected women as leaders and we still haven't managed that.
Not the leader, and those women in politics do exactly what they are told. They are told by men.

Attempt? One guy spouts off and we're on the verge of totally overturning our system of law? That's strange.
One guy? Only one guy?

Sheriff's deputy as well as minister....a part of government wanting to enact his christian sharia law. Thank goodness the county sheriff shut him down.
How, exactly, would a deputy sheriff enact "christian sharia law"?
He's part of the government...they were concerned enough that they got rid of him and are now investigating all his past cases.

Which means the hysteria is unwarranted. There is no attempt to force religious law. Far from it.

Forum List

Back