Thanksgiving

Psalm 95:1-6
"O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker."

Psalm 100
"Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."

Leviticus 7:11-15. "And this is the law of the sacrifice of peace offerings, which he shall offer unto the Lord. If he offer it for a thanksgiving, then he shall offer with the sacrifice of thanksgiving unleavened cakes mingled with oil, and unleavened wafers anointed with oil, and cakes mingled with oil, of fine flour, fried." God ordained a practice of specific instructions to show gratitude. Clearly, gratitude is the door that opens peace in our hearts. God's design for mankind is that giving thanks means receiving peace. Giving thanks in the Bible is the formula to peace because when we are truly thankful to God, we are expressing our trust in Him.

Philippians 4:6-7 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let our request be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

None of that says a single thing about turkey and football

he wanted the religious text of a Christian holiday I gave it from the Christian book.

You have no appreciation of the spirit of Thanksgiving you fucking atheist

LOL. Funny thread. Not a single Holiday that is religious, claimed by Christians, that does not have major pagan influences.

And for Thankgiving, as usual, I will be working. 2 1/2 times normal rate. The primary thing that I see Thanksgiving celebrating for many people is glutony.

But BigRabble should be thankful that I am working, someone has to pay for his foodstamps.

You have no appreciation of the spirit of Thanksgiving you fucking atheist

football or turkey is not the spirit of Thanksgiving giving thanks to God is.

Nothing worse than you whiny religious fucks ruining Thanksgiving for the rest of us

Leave our holiday alone

By religious I assume your saying my religion is historical facts, with that I agree.
Thanksgiving is not your holiday if it's not used to give thanks to God, after all that's what it's historical creation was made for.

Thanksgiving commemorates the occasion when the Pilgrims and the Indians sat down together and shared a turkey dinner. They followed it up with a friendly football game. History shows that the Indians won 17-14 on a last second field goal

LOL. Funny thread. Not a single Holiday that is religious, claimed by Christians, that does not have major pagan influences.

And for Thankgiving, as usual, I will be working. 2 1/2 times normal rate. The primary thing that I see Thanksgiving celebrating for many people is glutony.

But BigRabble should be thankful that I am working, someone has to pay for his foodstamps.

Not Thanksgiving do some research before you next fire off more bull shit.

Ass hat I'm a plumber I make more in one day than you would in one week

football or turkey is not the spirit of Thanksgiving giving thanks to God is.

Nothing worse than you whiny religious fucks ruining Thanksgiving for the rest of us

Leave our holiday alone

By religious I assume your saying my religion is historical facts, with that I agree.
Thanksgiving is not your holiday if it's not used to give thanks to God, after all that's what it's historical creation was made for.

Thanksgiving is being ruined by Christians who take a perfectly good holiday and spoil it with their boring god stuff

Leave our holiday alone

Thanksgiving is being ruined by Christians who take a perfectly good holiday and spoil it with their boring god stuff

The Early Colonists’ Thanksgiving
Virginia decreed that the day of their arrival “shall be yearly and perpetually kept holy as a day of thanksgiving to Almighty God.”*

The Meaning of Thanksgiving | What So Proudly We Hail

By the President of the United States of America
A Proclamation
Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor;

George Washington: Proclamation - Day of National Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving commemorates the occasion when the Pilgrims and the Indians sat down together and shared a turkey dinner. They followed it up with a friendly football game. History shows that the Indians won 17-14 on a last second field goal

I like that maybe you'll make a movie about it one day when you grow up.

You're acting like a spoiled little liberal who can't have their way,stop it.
The federal government fucked the Indians

Thanksgiving would be a day for thanking God, I suggest you do that.

you first say that the federal government is christian... therefor makes christian holidays by proclamation....

and when it does not suit your argument... you bail

total fail.

you first say that the federal government is christian
It's a lie unless you can show the actual post where I said that?
You're twisting what I said about the government fucking the Indians and not Christians into a lie I never said, stop it.

i am not twisting anything..... deal with it.

good lord.... i am NOT quoting all of that bullshit.

Does it say...

Americans.... tho shalt remember me and give me thanks on a day in November and eat turkey stuffing and gravy. Tho shalt eat pumpkin pie with whip cream. Tho shalt eat your fill but not partake of the sin of gluttony and stuff yourself until you are sick. Tho shalt remember me when the miracle of polp plpp fizz fizz is needed. Americans, tho shalt watch football on as many screens as you may gather to worship!

Last edited:
Psalm 95:1-6
"O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker."

Psalm 100
"Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."

Leviticus 7:11-15. "And this is the law of the sacrifice of peace offerings, which he shall offer unto the Lord. If he offer it for a thanksgiving, then he shall offer with the sacrifice of thanksgiving unleavened cakes mingled with oil, and unleavened wafers anointed with oil, and cakes mingled with oil, of fine flour, fried." God ordained a practice of specific instructions to show gratitude. Clearly, gratitude is the door that opens peace in our hearts. God's design for mankind is that giving thanks means receiving peace. Giving thanks in the Bible is the formula to peace because when we are truly thankful to God, we are expressing our trust in Him.

Philippians 4:6-7 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let our request be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

None of that says a single thing about turkey and football

he wanted the religious text of a Christian holiday I gave it from the Christian book.

you gave us nothing bud.

Some historians don't even think the Indians came, and that it could have been the white man celebrating the killing of the heathens as they called them.

Dude stop it your killing me what you lefties do? :badgrin:
Virginia decreed that the day of their arrival “shall be yearly and perpetually kept holy as a day of thanksgiving to Almighty God.”*

A Proclamation
Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor;

I am aware of your links and the history that is just what you lefties want; paternalism and babying from government so much so that you need to have a religious day set aside to be told to worship and be thankful. Wonders will never cease, apparatchik.

Excuse me but I hate obama don't care to protect faggots marrying each other pro life abortion is murder so how am I a leftie again? How exactly does that go?

Well it is kind of god based, the "Almighty Dollar".....FDR changed the date of Thanksgiving due to commerce.

"For 75 years after Lincoln issued his Thanksgiving Proclamation, succeeding presidents honored the tradition and annually issued their own Thanksgiving Proclamation, declaring the last Thursday in November as the day of Thanksgiving. However, in 1939, President Franklin D. Roosevelt did not. In 1939, the last Thursday of November was going to be November 30. Retailers complained to FDR that this only left 24 shopping days to Christmas and begged him to push Thanksgiving just one week earlier. It was determined that most people do their Christmas shopping after Thanksgiving and retailers hoped that with an extra week of shopping, people would buy more.

So when FDR announced his Thanksgiving Proclamation in 1939, he declared the date of Thanksgiving to be Thursday, November 23, the second-to-last Thursday of the month.

History of Thanksgiving - How Franklin D. Roosevelt Changed the Date

A Proclamation

You constantly contradict yourself. Your words express a conservative view, but, your actions are that of a practicing lefty who needs the government to tell him when and what to religion to celebrate and when to do so.

However, let's cut to the chase my left wing friend, Congress established Thanksgiving as a legal holiday in the same spirit as it established Labor Day, July 4th, Memorial Day and Veterans Day.....as the resolution describes....

joint-res-l.jpg

Forum List

Back