Thanksgiving

We used to have the war on Christmas....now we have the war on Thanksgivong

I feel so sorry for conservatives

Thanksgiving is about giving thanks for family and friends in my opinion regardless of what the first thanksgiving was about. Now, the alternate and more important issue in my opinion concerning thanksgiving is the inhumane killing of thousands upon thousands of turkeys so that people can simply stuff their face for an hour or two, but that's a topic for a different day.

Who are you giving thanks too?

My family and friends

Thanksgiving is about giving thanks for family and friends in my opinion regardless of what the first thanksgiving was about. Now, the alternate and more important issue in my opinion concerning thanksgiving is the inhumane killing of thousands upon thousands of turkeys so that people can simply stuff their face for an hour or two, but that's a topic for a different day.

Who are you giving thanks too?

My family and friends

That's not what Thanksgiving was created for.

You do mean the federal government, correct?

Make up your damn mind....

so its the "federal government" when it suits you? You do realize.... the "federal government" ... would be the same "christians" you claim made a "christian" holiday out of thanksgiving.

:lmao:
You're acting like a spoiled little liberal who can't have their way,stop it.
The federal government fucked the Indians

Thanksgiving would be a day for thanking God, I suggest you do that.

you first say that the federal government is christian... therefor makes christian holidays by proclamation....

and when it does not suit your argument... you bail

total fail.

That's a topic to be ignored and forgotten.

Thanksgiving is most certainly not a Christian holiday - unless perhaps you can show me the religious texts that the holiday is taken from?

You guys are getting nuttier by the day.

Thanksgiving is most certainly not a Christian holiday - unless perhaps you can show me the religious texts that the holiday is taken from?

Nope. For one the story they tell us in grade school isn't even true.

Nope. For one the story they tell us in grade school isn't even true.
Plus Washington didn't proclaim it a day for thanksgiving due to religious reasons.
Big has no idea what he is talking about.

considering he does not pray to a christian god.. i find it funny that he is insisting that it is a "christian" holiday

Well it is kind of god based, the "Almighty Dollar".....FDR changed the date of Thanksgiving due to commerce.

"For 75 years after Lincoln issued his Thanksgiving Proclamation, succeeding presidents honored the tradition and annually issued their own Thanksgiving Proclamation, declaring the last Thursday in November as the day of Thanksgiving. However, in 1939, President Franklin D. Roosevelt did not. In 1939, the last Thursday of November was going to be November 30. Retailers complained to FDR that this only left 24 shopping days to Christmas and begged him to push Thanksgiving just one week earlier. It was determined that most people do their Christmas shopping after Thanksgiving and retailers hoped that with an extra week of shopping, people would buy more.

So when FDR announced his Thanksgiving Proclamation in 1939, he declared the date of Thanksgiving to be Thursday, November 23, the second-to-last Thursday of the month.

History of Thanksgiving - How Franklin D. Roosevelt Changed the Date

Psalm 95:1-6
"O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker."

Psalm 100
"Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."

Leviticus 7:11-15. "And this is the law of the sacrifice of peace offerings, which he shall offer unto the Lord. If he offer it for a thanksgiving, then he shall offer with the sacrifice of thanksgiving unleavened cakes mingled with oil, and unleavened wafers anointed with oil, and cakes mingled with oil, of fine flour, fried." God ordained a practice of specific instructions to show gratitude. Clearly, gratitude is the door that opens peace in our hearts. God's design for mankind is that giving thanks means receiving peace. Giving thanks in the Bible is the formula to peace because when we are truly thankful to God, we are expressing our trust in Him.

Philippians 4:6-7 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let our request be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

Make up your damn mind....

so its the "federal government" when it suits you? You do realize.... the "federal government" ... would be the same "christians" you claim made a "christian" holiday out of thanksgiving.

:lmao:
You're acting like a spoiled little liberal who can't have their way,stop it.
The federal government fucked the Indians

Thanksgiving would be a day for thanking God, I suggest you do that.

you first say that the federal government is christian... therefor makes christian holidays by proclamation....

and when it does not suit your argument... you bail

total fail.

you first say that the federal government is christian
It's a lie unless you can show the actual post where I said that?
You're twisting what I said about the government fucking the Indians and not Christians into a lie I never said, stop it.

Well it is kind of god based, the "Almighty Dollar".....FDR changed the date of Thanksgiving due to commerce.

"For 75 years after Lincoln issued his Thanksgiving Proclamation, succeeding presidents honored the tradition and annually issued their own Thanksgiving Proclamation, declaring the last Thursday in November as the day of Thanksgiving. However, in 1939, President Franklin D. Roosevelt did not. In 1939, the last Thursday of November was going to be November 30. Retailers complained to FDR that this only left 24 shopping days to Christmas and begged him to push Thanksgiving just one week earlier. It was determined that most people do their Christmas shopping after Thanksgiving and retailers hoped that with an extra week of shopping, people would buy more.

So when FDR announced his Thanksgiving Proclamation in 1939, he declared the date of Thanksgiving to be Thursday, November 23, the second-to-last Thursday of the month.

History of Thanksgiving - How Franklin D. Roosevelt Changed the Date

The Early Colonists’ Thanksgiving
Virginia decreed that the day of their arrival “shall be yearly and perpetually kept holy as a day of thanksgiving to Almighty God.”*

The Meaning of Thanksgiving | What So Proudly We Hail

By the President of the United States of America
A Proclamation
Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor;

George Washington: Proclamation - Day of National Thanksgiving

The Meaning of Thanksgiving | What So Proudly We Hail

"O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker."

Psalm 100
"Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."

Leviticus 7:11-15. "And this is the law of the sacrifice of peace offerings, which he shall offer unto the Lord. If he offer it for a thanksgiving, then he shall offer with the sacrifice of thanksgiving unleavened cakes mingled with oil, and unleavened wafers anointed with oil, and cakes mingled with oil, of fine flour, fried." God ordained a practice of specific instructions to show gratitude. Clearly, gratitude is the door that opens peace in our hearts. God's design for mankind is that giving thanks means receiving peace. Giving thanks in the Bible is the formula to peace because when we are truly thankful to God, we are expressing our trust in Him.

Philippians 4:6-7 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let our request be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

None of that says a single thing about turkey and football

Psalm 100

None of that says a single thing about turkey and football

he wanted the religious text of a Christian holiday I gave it from the Christian book.

Forum List

Back